Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

College basketball totals question.

So I look on the board, and I see games listed at like O/U 110. I have a REAL problem ducking under this number. Does anybody else have a number that just makes them question everything. My example is referring to the Tennessee and Virginia game tonight by the way.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

tenny and g'town was miserable....in the 30's...total under 80

tony bennett very rarely coaches games where o/u is over 120

almost makes under seem like a great play

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    tenny and g'town was miserable....in the 30's...total under 80

tony bennett very rarely coaches games where o/u is over 120

almost makes under seem like a great play
    Good insight. I know they both play a pretty slow game. However, I feel that the game has potential to go into overtime. Do you ever consider this when capping totals as far as evenly mathced teams?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Never count on OT to take a game over, probably shouldn't play much of a factor in capping period.

I learned my lesson on these, I bet over 117 (FSU/Wisco I think) a couple years back during march madness, figured it had to go over, well, double OT and it still did not get there.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Always count on OT in these games. Always factor OVERTIME into your equation if your capping a game. There is always a higher percentage chance that a game set this LOW goes into OVERTIME then a game set at a higher margin.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia is close to the lowest possessions per game team in D1. Tennessee is in the bottom 10% or so as well. Based on all the stats with pts per possession, etc. if it plays out near their averages it would be about an estimated 113-117 points.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Virginia is close to the lowest possessions per game team in D1. Tennessee is in the bottom 10% or so as well. Based on all the stats with pts per possession, etc. if it plays out near their averages it would be about an estimated 113-117 points.
    good insight EP....only problem is that TN's averages are tough to use as a measuring stick because theyve been so inconsistent...they scored 83 vs. umass and 45 against okie state....id guess uva is more okie state/gtown than umass

and i disagree with factoring in ot....but then again by saying that, i should know what % of games go into OT...anyone know?

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    good insight EP....only problem is that TN's averages are tough to use as a measuring stick because theyve been so inconsistent...they scored 83 vs. umass and 45 against okie state....id guess uva is more okie state/gtown than umass

and i disagree with factoring in ot....but then again by saying that, i should know what % of games go into OT...anyone know?
    Good question. I would like an answer to that as well.