laytnite
    laytnite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Syracuse 1st half? What's this?

Can anyone tell me anything wrong with taking orange 1H -pts against the bacon? Thanks

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Syracuse is very young this year. Brandon Triche is their only starter from last year who returned, although CJ Fair is a Junior with alot of experience. This is really their first road test. Yes they did beat a very strong Sand Diego St. team on the road this year, but that wasn't a San Diego St. Home game. It was on an aircraft carrier and during the day no less. Very strange.

With that said I love the cuse they should win here and I think they will cover the spread. I think they would cover the first half as well but you never know how long it will take a young team to get comfortable on the road.

I don't know how good Arkansas fans are but you have to imagine they will be pumped up for this one. I would bet lightly on the first half if you take it. However, I hope Cuse wins by 50

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Arkansas + points is my bet for today. 1H I don't have much of an opinion on.

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I like Ark 1H because they will press cuse, they score a lot of points but they aren't deep.

isotopes

if you haven't seen this cuse team play watch out. They are LONG this year with that zone. Even more so than they were last year. Michael Carter Williams is second in the nation in assists, he doesn't turn the ball over, and this cuse team plays 8 to 9 guys comfortably.

My money is on the cuse but the best to all. Cuse is a very long and tall squad this year with a legit NBA caliber point guard dishing out assists like J Kidd.

Sir_Don_Yeggins
    Sir_Don_Yeggins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    Arkansas + points is my bet for today. 1H I don't have much of an opinion on.

Your going to lose money, please don't do that

uncynd
    America Jr

Guys, I have no doubt this cuse team is legit but hey, it's early and playing @ ark is no joke.

Cuse NEVER does this; going to a tough road game this early in their schedule so expect what you will but my money is on ark +4 1H, hopefully there is value on cuse for 2H because I think they def win I just want them @ -4 or less, and we may get that @ halftime.

GL whatever you decide, take care.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Don_Yeggins View Post
    Your going to lose money, please don't do that
    Already locked in for 1u.

isotopes

Yes it is true that Cuse doesn't travel much before conference play. They did go to NC ST early last year and DESTROYED NC ST in a packed house. New team, new year lets see how they handle it.

Under for the game is looking awefully good.

uncynd
    America Jr

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Yes it is true that Cuse doesn't travel much before conference play. They did go to NC ST early last year and DESTROYED NC ST in a packed house. New team, new year lets see how they handle it.

Under for the game is looking awefully good.
    Agree the under is looking awesome.

Wasn't that NCst team way diff early in the year...making a huge run late? Can't rly remember correct me if I'm wrong.

That game was also late Dec after cuse had played ranked teams at home (mebbe just 1) iirc as well.
    Last edited by uncynd; 11-30-12 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added content yo

isotopes

Hmm... I'm trying to think when that game was, I thought it was prior to conference play but not sure. I'm to lazy to look it up right now, but yeah cuse doesn't travel much, my point was that this was the philosophy last year so we will have to see. I hope Cuse is up for it tonight on the road.

As far as the under, I just can't see arkansas putting up between 70-80 against this zone. I thought that 143 was the right line seems pretty high to me, people bet it up 4 points. I already took it at 153 I really just don't see how this game goes over without OT or a rediculous amount of foul shots.

uncynd
    America Jr

It's no secret if this game is played in the 1/2 court then cuse by 20. Ark will press and force turnovers though and that's how they put points up; in transition. It's a clash of styles but you are def right, if ark plays a 1/2 court game.

Ark can hang with cuse but their bench def cannot, come 2nd half the dream will die and cuse will take over, that's what I think.

isotopes

well we will see if Michael Carter Williams is going to be a lottery pick then, 2nd in the nation in assists and he handles the ball and dishes it out like a true nba guard. Lets see how he does against some good pressure in a hostile environment.

uncynd
    America Jr

How about him rly; what a nice start, and surprising Boeheim is complementing him...unheard of!

isotopes

that's for sure, Boeheim doesn't complement anyone

laytnite
    laytnite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Lets goooooooo

uncynd
    America Jr

Hope nobody listens to me today and just fades me.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

what a penetrating joke. clown playing out of his mind

isotopes

Wow was I wrong on that under cuse needs to slow this down big time or they aren't covering

uncynd
    America Jr

LOL @ not covering my 1H ark bet. just LOL @ today, could not run worse.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by uncynd View Post
    It's no secret if this game is played in the 1/2 court then cuse by 20. Ark will press and force turnovers though and that's how they put points up; in transition. It's a clash of styles but you are def right, if ark plays a 1/2 court game.

Ark can hang with cuse but their bench def cannot, come 2nd half the dream will die and cuse will take over, that's what I think.

I dont think so, if that happens then this Arky team is going to be awful this year. Mike Anderson usually has his guys in great shape

uncynd
    America Jr

Mike Anderson is a great coach maybe he can make something of his bench players.