Kennny Santos
    Kennny Santos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

$$$$$$$ maker Vermont @ Harvard MUST READ!!!!!!!!

CBS sports has Vermont listed as #24 in their RPI.
    They have Harvard as # 225.
    Yet, Vegas has Harvard -6 to open!!!????????
    Is this a "to good to be true" type game or is Vegas just side tracked with bowl games, the beginning of cbb and nba seasons and the last 3rd of the nfl season?! I love Vermont $ line and +6... prediction Vermont 63 Harvard 52 and that line will go down to -4.5...... although Harvard is like 24/1 in their last 25 @ home..... they are plagued by the loss of two stars from the team due to the exam cheating scandal earlier this year. stats are completely lopsided with these two teams because Vermont lost @ Uconn(#24) by 18 and Harvard beat Manhatten by 34... yeah Manhatten...lol they did lose on a buzzer beater to Umass but they suck too so ALL THE WAY VERMONT!!!!!!!!! Please LMK what you think as this is my 2nd post here, the 1st i mistakenly but here but was meant for the nfl site as I was ripping SD for losing the game on 4th and 29.... 4th and 29?! REALLY!?

Crapple
    Crapple's Avatar Become A Pro!

All sorts of wrong here! Check your research again dude. Use another source. This line is good

Crapple

I just took a deeper looksie into this one. Your stat on Harvards home record is correct. They absolutely should get the win here. Better team, in their house which they obviously enjoy a crazy advantage in...this screams a ml play on Harvard if it isn't totally out of wack. I like the spread too but the ml should be golden. Keeping them in mind for and parlays I might attempt. I see a 10-14 pt Harvard victory here.

Kennny Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Crapple View Post
    All sorts of wrong here! Check your research again dude. Use another source. This line is good
    its already goin down to 5.5......

TruthTables
    TruthTables's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line is good. KenPom says Harvard will win by 7. 5.5/6 seems immensely reasonable.

I don't think Harvard is as strong as last season (they only beat NR MIT by 15, lost to a decent UMass team, got blown out by St. Joe's and crushed Manhattan).

Vermont can hang, and they beat an ok Northeastern team (who themselves beat Belmont), but only beat lowly Siena by 1 and got crushed by UConn.

Not saying Vermont can't cover (I'm not touching this game but would personally take Harvard), but let's not act like the line is off significantly.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

lol UMASS is one of the best teams in a stacked A10

TruthTables
    TruthTables's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    they're not bad, they're just not elite. they beat harvard and providence by a combined 5 points and got crushed by NC State and Tennessee.

Crapple

I'm only on it if my book gives me a Harvard ml, they haven't yet. If they do I will go heavy on Harvard as their home record is tremendous.

Crapple

I don't know man...Getting the felling that Harvard covers this. They are playing on nationally television for only the second time. They play in an arena that seats 2900 which explains a large part of how strong they play at home in addition to visiting teams being rattled by playing away in tight confines with the opposing fans close enough to really rattle you. Harvard 30-1 at home since 2010. they allow 49.5 pts at home versus 71 when on the road. That is a serious home court advantage!

This definitely ml and teaser material. Gotta scout Vermont a little more to decide on the points.

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I have an asterisk beside that manhattan win....why??? I think Beamon was out for ManH that game, please correct me if I am wrong.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by uncynd View Post
    I have an asterisk beside that manhattan win....why??? I think Beamon was out for ManH that game, please correct me if I am wrong.
    yup he was out.

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/ncb/results/2012-2013/boxscore844997.html

Kennny Santos

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    stacked and a10 should not be used in the same sentence....

Kennny Santos

this game is on tv but not nationally televised! its not on espn or a big network and its not like they are playn a top 10 team either, it is vermont..... a crowd would help against a top 10 but vermont?!

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

I'm on the Harvard ML, gl Gents

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Harvard finally makes a free throw. For Crimson backers, we're gonna need them to shoot better than 45% free throws, and play some defense...

Kennny Santos

vermont up 14 at the half...

and getn 6.5....... looks pretty good..... 1 hour will tell....

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Games not over...that 12 point middle sure looks good tho....

Crapple

i stand corrected Kenny...Harvard would get beat by my local HS team.

Crapple

Never seen a more pathetic crowd in my life!! LOL! Truly the most pathetic apathetic crowd EVER! Fuggin Harvard!

Kennny Santos

like i said if they were playn indiana duke louiville, etc.... they would have gotten up for a team like that but vermont, school vaca, shatty weather in boston area.... all = vermont victory.... now lets parlay that $ line unc