Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

What types of Angles lead you too bet a squad 1st half as opposed to the game?

A lot of times I'll play home dogs 1st half, with the logic that the crowd gets into early and taking away the possibility of the road favorite (most likely the better team) coming back after the full 40 minutes...

I've seen a ton of 1st half plays on favorites ATS , just was curious why?

Teams getting big leads and turning it off to cover the spread for the game?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

when i play a 1H fave, i'm always on the fave for the game as well. agreed that playing a fave for 1H only doesn't make a lot of sense.

sometimes i'll play medium to big road dogs for 1H only if there's concerns about depth and/or lack of rest. gl

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

t 1H unders, for obvious reasons.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    when i play a 1H fave, i'm always on the fave for the game as well. agreed that playing a fave for 1H only doesn't make a lot of sense.

sometimes i'll play medium to big road dogs for 1H only if there's concerns about depth and/or lack of rest. gl
    agreed

TallAzCrowe
    Bring on Spring Training!!!
    TallAzCrowe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

When I play a team 1H I usually look at the spread, if it's a big line say -14 or higher for the game I tend to play the favorite 1H. If I see a favorite with a lower line such as -5 I usually take the dog + pts at half. I actually prefer to play o/u the 1H, after looking at the teams stats of course, and then I look for the best option at half be it Line, o/u or TT.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Like playing 1st half on big lines on elite home teams. For example Duke was -12.5 1st half and -21.5 for game yesterday. They covered half by 5 pts I think and then lost the game line at garbage time and gulf coast covered by .5 point. Louisville been money this year on 1st half so far. Also certain teams start games strong and certain teams just have a knack for getting off to slow starts. The key is finding which ones are which.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

I agree when the game has to big a spread I like 1h sometimes in order to prevent from being backdoored in garbage time.