J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

HOOSIERS all day long

This team is already in mid-season form, and I honestly don't see them losing more than 2 games tops in the regular season (@Michigan, @Michigan State).

Also I've watched a few Georgia games and they are just horrendous. The absolute key to giving the Hoosiers any kind of fight (last year and especially this year) will be 3 point shooting. Georgia currently shoots at a measly 29% clip. They were bad last year, lost 2 starters, including one of their 2 best players in Gerald Robinson. Their current far and away best player, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope will be matched up with Victor Oladipo of the Hoosiers, one of the top 5 shut down defenders in all of college basketball. Heard during their last game he had like 18 tipped passes in 2 games or something insane along those levels.

All of this and the biggest deciding factor is their frontcourt. It is very, very weak to say the least and will struggle mightily with Cody Zeller, your POTY in a landslide. Doug McDermott. All you need to do is read this post by the Bulldog faithful to realize this one is going to get ugly. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135&f=2732&t=10482858

LOCK IT IN INDIANA -20
    Last edited by J_smiff; 11-19-12 at 02:36 AM.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like how Hoosiers don't let up at any point in the game. Don't really leave room for a backdoor cover

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Yea, I put this in a little while ago. I don't think Indiana gets to 94 points like their average, but they should get between 80-90 and that will be enough. If UGA struggle with Southern Miss and Youngstown State then they will not be able to handle the Hoosiers. 84-52 Hoosiers!!

J_smiff

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I like how Hoosiers don't let up at any point in the game. Don't really leave room for a backdoor cover
    This. Mainly because they're 10 deep with big ten starting caliber players.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Mid-season form? Don't get me wrong, Indiana probably walks in this one, but they've so far played, Byrant, North Dakota State, and Sam Houston State. If they don't win all three of those games in a walk even early season they're not even close to the team people think they are.

J_smiff

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    Mid-season form? Don't get me wrong, Indiana probably walks in this one, but they've so far played, Byrant, North Dakota State, and Sam Houston State. If they don't win all three of those games in a walk even early season they're not even close to the team people think they are.
    Have you watched their games? I understand they are cupcakes but their execution has been flawless. Not a single minute of sloppy play. I can't say the same about Michigan, Louisville, Ohio State against the slippery rocks and middle northern utah techs of the world. They have been very impressive in their games, yes, but not at the level of the Hoosiers, at least at this point in the season.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like j=smiff will be shocked if they don't cover

sigtauslimer
    sigtauslimer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Staying away from this one. While I'd love to see IU run away with this (I'm a die-hard fan right up the highway 37 -- got to go to last Monday's game), I'm not sure that they cover such a lofty number, even against a sad SEC team. BOL to you. I'll just enjoy a beer and the game without financial anxiety. haha

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

Nice play J_Smiff..

J_smiff

Something else worth noting here. Southern Miss, who Georgia just lost to, is only 4 point faves over Sam Houston State, who Indiana just destroyed by 55.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

not looking like a #1 team tonight

shimeon40

These hoosier idiots will be lucky to win game little lone win by 21...very bad pick..too much start 20.5

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Team looks like they have no interest being in NYC

This is on the coaching stafg

shimeon40

goodness gracious me..21 point head start

shimeon40

these clowns will be lucky 2 win the game

sigtauslimer

I picked us (IU) to win by 10-12, not "capping" but just from watching the seats at the previous home games and how they worked. line definitely opened way too big. Both teams looking sloppy and fouls being handed out from the refs like free t-shirts.

Really, I don't care if we win games by 5 points, a win is a win. Winning by 50 is still only 1 in the win column.

BOL all!

ChiLLx

I'm an IU fan as well but there's no getting around it they look totally uninterested in playing this game

ChiLLx

Crean just called out the refs at half...

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Georgia +12 2nd half

J_smiff

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Crean just called out the refs at half...
    Completely deserved. Not one sided, just ridiculous on both ends. 21 fouls at the half, about 10 legit fouls. Loading up on the 2H

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

What is the 2nd half play? Hoosiers probably still win by around 10 but what do you guys think

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Taking a shot with over 72.5

sigtauslimer

Current 2nd half line

Nov 19
    06:45PM
    2nd Half
    2549. 2H Georgia +12½ -110 ov 73 -110
    2550. 2H Indiana U -12½ -110 un 73 -110

sigtauslimer

Quote Originally Posted by J_smiff View Post
    Completely deserved. Not one sided, just ridiculous on both ends. 21 fouls at the half, about 10 legit fouls. Loading up on the 2H
    Eh, deserved but not necessary. You're shooting horrible, have some bad fouls, and you're only down 1. Suck it up, and bring your boys out to play tough in the 2H.
    Go IU!

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Leaning UGA

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

The team looks like shit. They turned the ball over way too much and Zeller has barely seen the court because he's too dumb to stay out of foul trouble.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

I mean if Indiana wakes up I still only see them winning by around 10. They just don't seem to be in this mentally

sigtauslimer

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    The team looks like shit. They turned the ball over way too much and Zeller has barely seen the court because he's too dumb to stay out of foul trouble.
    "too dumb"?? He had 1 foul (like any starting center) in the first half and got stuck trying to drive into the lane and got a charge. nothing dumb by any means that any other college KID doesnt do in the other 20+ games tonight. absurd.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by sigtauslimer View Post
    "too dumb"?? He had 1 foul (like any starting center) in the first half and got stuck trying to drive into the lane and got a charge. nothing dumb by any means that any other college KID doesnt do in the other 20+ games tonight. absurd.
    He had 2 fouls in the 1st half. He got the 1st one early and so he had to sit on the bench. He came back in and got the charge pretty quickly and had to sit for the rest of the half. He knows he can't get get the 2nd foul so quickly yet he did it anyway. He's the best player on the team and supposedly the best player in the nation. He can't help his team by sitting on the bench. Everyone knows you have play more carefully when you have an early foul. That's why he was dumb.

sigtauslimer

Well, i said 10-12, it was 13 pts. I'm pleased with the outcome. Still work to do on offense and defense. But a win is a win! Go hoosiers!

J_smiff

Quote Originally Posted by sigtauslimer View Post
    Well, i said 10-12, it was 13 pts. I'm pleased with the outcome. Still work to do on offense and defense. But a win is a win! Go hoosiers!
    The foul trouble in the 1st half rattled them a little bit. Having to sit Oladipo, Zeller, and Hulls killed us. They are the glue/leaders of our team. We're really going to need Perea this year for when Cody's in foul trouble. Watford and Hollowell at the 4/5 is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Indiana fans coming out of the woodwork this season...

sigtauslimer

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Not at all. I mean, I'm new to SBR for sure, but I stuck by them each and every game even during those dark and forgettable years (including me hating having Sampson as a coach). Glad they've restored the team to it's historic prestige (depending on how the season turns out).

J_smiff

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Ya I can't believe there haven't been any pounding their chests the last 5 years in message boards, lol. I personally attended 20+ home games from 08-'10. Witnessed losses to Northeastern, Lipscomb, and Loyola, and had to take shit from my Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin, and even Iowa fans about how they were now "better programs." So I'm ready to whoop fuggin ass this year.

I've also sensed some bitterness from Louisville fans on this site for whatever reason. Maybe it's because the mighty Syracuse Orangemen bent them over and ruined their perfect season in football?