MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    hard to believe the differences between UL's first and second exhibition games. You have to think that no team is going to shoot below 35% from the field as a team though. I like this team, BUT there is no backup center unless Harrell moves over and there isn't a true backup PG on this team. Even so, with decent shooting, I think Louisville is a top 5 team and a definite Final Four team (not knowing matchups)
    I tend to agree, but I think they will miss Kuric's outside shooting and may start a little slow before they end with a crescendo like last year. Blackshear didn't show a ton of range last year and he needs to pick up some 3 pt slack, although his shoulder or collarbone sidelined him for 80%+ of the season, soo he may live up to the hype this year.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah I hope they can come in under the Radar, got a big time big man recruit Steve Adams and some little known guys with alot of talent. I trust Jamie Dixon's ability to get the most out of his guys

Excuse me..but who is Jamie Dixon?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

UC will knock em off Lk1

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    I tend to agree, but I think they will miss Kuric's outside shooting and may start a little slow before they end with a crescendo like last year. Blackshear didn't show a ton of range last year and he needs to pick up some 3 pt slack, although his shoulder or collarbone sidelined him for 80%+ of the season, soo he may live up to the hype this year.

Kuric didn't shoot a great percentage last year for the most part. He hit tons of big shots in the clutch though. I think Blackshear will be a lot more versatile

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Wayne is still a year away

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Kuric didn't shoot a great percentage last year for the most part. He hit tons of big shots in the clutch though. I think Blackshear will be a lot more versatile

Definitely correct about Kuric, he was stronger early on then injured an ankle or wrist slowed down some, then finished kind of weakly even after he was supposedly healed. Like you said his percentages were low, but man was he clutch in several big games.

Blackshear definitely quicker and better moves to the basket than Kuric.

Who will shoot from the outside for them? I like their team and expect great things before the season is over, but I haven't spotted a consistent outside threat for them who will open up the paint and slashing lanes.

Also I expect they may struggle to cover big numbers especially early in the season while they are getting their roles and rotations down. They are not an overly explosive team and Siva's outside shot is not reliable unless he improved dramatically.

Their defense will help them to beat teams badly, just not sure if they will have the offense clicking to put up huge output to cover the bigger spreads. Of course they may generate alot of O from forcing turnovers. Can't wait to see how they develop.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 11-08-12 at 03:13 PM.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I don't know a think about college hoops this year but I will say that Louisville made made me a boatload of cash down the stretch last year. Gl this year.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Meatwad,
    You're becoming my favorite poster pal!

Keep it up, what is your connection to Louisville basketball?

Or do u just follow NCAA hoops closely?

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Meatwad,
    You're becoming my favorite poster pal!

Keep it up, what is your connection to Louisville basketball?

Or do u just follow NCAA hoops closely?
    Thanks for the cool words. I enjoy your posts alot too and always try to read your comments, nice man cave too.

I had a friend I used to play alot against growing up who ended up playing for Crum. I always follow them a little more closely than the other teams.

Following them really picked up last year when they dived out of the the top 5 yet had soo much potential. I saw alot of value in them when I realized soo many of their players were playing with injuries and were recovering around mid conference season.

I always look at teams with wildly flucuating rankings or expectations(variance) and figure out if there is an edge there that may not be reflected in lines. Whether the team is a great team being wrongly judged from a small sample size or an over hyped team that will never achieve expectations. There is always a story there. The first few weeks of the season bettors tend to overreact from a small size of games.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

too bad marquette is gonna win the big east

gardner is gonna play like the college version of tractor traylor, and one-eyed otule is gonna play like kareem-abdul-jabaar

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    too bad marquette is gonna win the big east

gardner is gonna play like the college version of tractor traylor, and one-eyed otule is gonna play like kareem-abdul-jabaar
    Eminem,

i told I serval times marq is my second fav team, but come on pal!

gardner has no cartiligde in his knees!

where's j McNeal, l Haywood, d James, w Matthews?

love buzz, and we gotta catch a game together big east tourney...

but I advise not this year, as this is the best team in the history of Louisville , yeah I said it!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Marquette's current problem is that vander blue and todd mayo are soft (by marquette standards).
    Marquette is usually undersized, but almost always plays as hard as any team in basketball.
    Not so sure that this bunch will do that...

My post was tongue-in-cheek of course, but who knows

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Louisville will really struggle to score points against quality opponents. And I mean REALLY struggle.

If Louisville had any sort of a quality PG I would like them, but man Siva is trash.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

What the fukk does that gave to do with anything??? The MBA draft is based on potential for an entirely different game...

dieng is future top 3/5 pick
    Let him talk shit now cause in march we all know Kentucky cuts down nets an bounce loserville outta the dance!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    Let him talk shit now cause in march we all know Kentucky cuts down nets an bounce loserville outta the dance!!!
    Is this the Giants fan with the Redskins avatar?

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

I hope UK wins a few more titles. It will just make it all the more entertaining when the house of cards comes down and Cal skips town.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Everyone sleeping on the Bcats!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Everyone sleeping on the Bcats!
    Nobody sleepin on Cronin, it's the big east...

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Other than playing terrible defense, missing every free throw, and shooting poorly they look great today

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Tied early in the 2nd. Louisville cam out swinging after the half.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

L'Ville will win and keep their delusional fan base hopes alive for a championship.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

redbirds fighting hard.

southpaw74

I did have to take them -9.5 2h. They couldn't play any worse so once they clamped down on defense they should be able to get the W.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Louisville falling behind again. Team is overrated big time.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Damn. Both Kentucky and Louisville are going to get beaten at home today. Bad day for the state.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

The Ville won by 3.

southpaw74

Siva kept them in it and they luckily covered 2h. Horrible free throw shooting...inept! They are currently overrated.

Shaka Smart
    Smart Money
    Shaka Smart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

What the fukk does that gave to do with anything??? The MBA draft is based on potential for an entirely different game...

dieng is future top 3/5 pick

Peyton Siva entering draft?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

MVC is legit. So is the MWC. A lot of parity in college ball these days

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

idiots shouldn't back teams off big tournaments like Atlantis, Maui, etc. Playing with fire, you think the teams are ready to play after they play those tournaments? No matter how long they layoff

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lville is more overrated this year than their Post Final Four year in 2005. Ranked #7 preseason after losing so much talent.

This year's squad is a team who just got hot at the right time last year, they were no better than top 20.

GGPLAYER
    GGPLAYER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7549

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    UK has a lot of things to work on before they start cutting nets. Very raw team and this may be a down year by their standards.

Kid I always love your enthusiasm for your team and the Big East. I sad that this is the last year of a great conference. I've been there with my Cuse since the start and it's gonna weird for me going forward but glad to see your coming with us.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by GGPLAYER View Post
    UK has a lot of things to work on before they start cutting nets. Very raw team and this may be a down year by their standards.

Kid I always love your enthusiasm for your team and the Big East. I sad that this is the last year of a great conference. I've been there with my Cuse since the start and it's gonna weird for me going forward but glad to see your coming with us.

First 123 Last