gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Gwills 12-13 college hoops

I know some people followed me last year, had a solid season, so I'm gonna post my picks in a thread once again this season. So pumped for another 4-5 months of college hoops!

Feel free to post or make your opinion known.

I'll have what I like tomorrow night, including some possible futures!

-GWills

wizcodlifa
    wizcodlifa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1173

what were you exactly last year?

gwills

Only bet half a season (once teams got into conference schedules) due to some stuff going on with school. I'm a college student and had a crazy semester work-wise and decided not to bet at all for the beginning of the season.

Finished 50-30-5, and I almost always bet the same amount for every game. Didn't keep track of my thread too consistently, but gonna try to this season to see if I can help out anybody. Love that the season is back.

gwills

Dudes, I've been looking over these future odds. I like a couple, and I always pick one team at the beginning of the season who I think can get deep in a tourney and maybe win it all. I usually will just risk a little so I have a team to root for during the season, its more for fun than anything.

With that said, I think I am gonna take Kansas +2250.

Coaching is huge, and you know that KU is gonna get out and defend. Withey can neutralize any sort of post threat on the defensive end, and I expect (gut feeling, and from what I've heard) is gonna develop BIG TIME on the offensive end this year. I know T-Rob and Tyshawn are gone, but I expect Withey to fill that gap down low, and freshman Ben McLemore is gonna step up big. That kid is nasty. I also think Elijah Johnson is gonna have a big year shooting from 3. Even more than that though, you can KNOW for a fact that the Jayhawks are gonna be beasts on the defensive end, and in college ball, that wins titles. Thats just my take, I'm not one to pick the odds-on favorites, and like to just put a little down with a huge reward. I think the Jayhawks have a lot of value here.

If you're looking for another future bet, I like Ohio +200 to win the MAC. D.J. Cooper is amazing.

Can't wait for the lines to come out boys!

-GW

wizcodlifa

what are your leans for tomorrow??

gwills

Just saw the lines, gonna take a look, do my research and they should be up later tonight.

wizcodlifa

alright thank you.. ill be following

wizcodlifa

texas
    creighton
    kansas
    florida seem to be only plays
    dont seem much action in the under dogs by looking at the teams.

gwills

My plays for Friday are:

Troy +5.5
    Florida -4

I love Florida here, even with the suspension of their PG. When I look at Georgetown's roster, I just don't see anyone who can really hang with Florida. Otto Porter can play, but I think they will have a hard time, and lets remember, it takes a while for a team thats not that familiar with itself to gel under that Princeton offense early in the season. Too much Boynton, Patric Young, and don't forget about Rosario. He's kind of a hothead, but can really play. I believe he transferred from Rutgers last year. I like Florida here a lot, and my sprinkle on the under when it comes out because of the outdoor conditions.

Troy and Mississippi State are both projected to be sub-par teams. MSU beat William Carey by 6 on their home floor in their exhibition game. Who is William Carey you ask? Exactly...Jalen Steele can play but he won't be able to carry this team. I like Troy especially because their playing their first game against a big conference opponent in a brand-new, intimate arena. They should be able give MSU a game, and I like them plus the points at home.

I can't guarantee anything but thats what I like boys!

-GWills

gwills

Wiz,

I am not high on Creighton to cover. North Texas returns 5 starters and one of the top big guys in the Sun Belt. I think they have a good team, but to each his own! Kansas will probably roll, but I'm just staying away.

gwills

Adding in UConn +8.5

gwills

Good start boys! This is gonna be my year.

UCONN +8.5
    Troy +5.5

Florida -4

Don't know if I should even grade Florida as a push cause it didn't even finish, lol. But 2-0 to start the year boys! I'll take a look at games tomorrow, but may just steer clear with football on the horizon.

-GWills

wizcodlifa

nice job. i lost KANSAS but 2-1 still isnt bad. keep em comin. Lemme no if ya need any help. i was thinking this year about mastering one conference or two. how you feel about that?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

nice job. Had Michigan State. Must have been nice not having to worry basically all game lol

gwills

Thanks TPow. Wiz, I think limiting yourself to a couple conferences is a smart move, I don't always adhere to it, but if its a good way to keep yourself in check. Good choice.

Looking over the lines for tomorrow guys, had more of a football day today.

wizcodlifa

made over 1500 on saturday in college football... crazy

gwills

My only play for today guys is SDSU / Syracuse UNDER 128.

I went back and forth on SDSU or the 'Cuse for like two hours yesterday. I think Syracuse will have them outmatched inside big-time with Fair and Rakeem Christmas. However, my gut was telling me to take SDSU +2 because they're returning 4 starters and have some guys who can probably really shoot it over Syracuse's 2-3 zone. The only reason I'm not all over SDSU is because this game is not in a gym. Its outside. So I'm not completely confident in the sun and the wind not affecting their shots. i think the under is smart in these games. The score for Florida - G'town was 25-21 at half!!! Plus Cuse can shut people down and Steve Fisher is a good coach who will make his team defend. Take the UNDER.

- GWills

gwills

SDSU / CUSE UNDER 128

Another day at the office! 3-0 for the year, be back tomorrow.

- GWills

wizcodlifa

Keep the plays comin. Leaning west Virginia tonight any thoughts?

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

GL this year, nice writeups

gwills

Thanks guys. Wiz I think I like Gonzaga man! But hey, to each his own to you! GL if you take WVU.

My play so far today (even though I will have two write-ups) is Gonzaga -9.5

This is a rematch game of the Zags and WVU from last years 7-10 match up in Pittsburgh (I believe) in the NCAA tournament. The Zags won by 23, in Pittsburgh, which was essentially a home game for the Mountaineers. Now, i understand that these two teams could be different teams from last year, but I really only see one major difference: they each lost their best player. Kevin Jones (WVU) and Robert Sacre (Zags). Don't get me wrong Bob Huggins is a good coach, but I'm not sure he can stop a high-flying offense that posted over a 100 in their first game on the road. Look back at WVU's schedule from last year, they have struggled on the road with this same team (well, almost) and gotten blown out a couple of times by some pretty inferior teams (Seton Hall, MSU, etc...). I think WVU comes in and is rattled by the crowd. They will be out in full force, the students at Zags always are, and I don't know why but whenever I watch a Gonzaga home game, it just seems like they can't miss a 3 in their offense. Pangos is a deadly shooter and they can get the ball to Harris when they need to create offense. Take the Zags.

My other POTENTIAL pick is on this Davidson - New Mexico game. I am back and forth, which means I may just steer clear! However, the line has moved from -6 to -5 when I went to bed, so a line movement could shake things up for me. On one side, I love Davidson. They return all of their starters, and a team that has balanced scoring, from a 25 win team who barely lost to Louisville in the tourney last year. On the other side, I love New Mexico at home. The Pit is FIERCE to play in. However, they lost their best player in Gordon (when he went down last year they weren't the same team) and their PG Fenton is out and he can gel this team together. But I still LOVE New Mexico at home. This is a NO-PLAY for me right now guys but if the line gets down to -3 or so i don't know if I can pass up UNM. On the flip side, I may get the urge to go with my gut in Davidson. I'll keep you guys posted. GL!

- GWills

wizcodlifa

BOL im gonna go wit zags just cuz you. PUTTIN A LOT OF PRESSURE ON YA!

wizcodlifa

BY the way i am also on lehigh -3. check it out. looks very nice

gwills

Wiz, please don't hate me if it doesn't pull through man! I'm doing my best! Hah.

Also I LOOOOOOVE Lehigh -3 and am adding it in! I don't know how I missed. Consider it official. Lehigh -3.

Nice find Wiz.

wizcodlifa

LEHIGH KILLS it. put 2 units on it. cash that 90 bucks.. easiest of the year already. haha. ill keep ya up to date with my picks. maybe we can put somethin up together.

haserfauld
    haserfauld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Tailed on Lehigh -3 and had Gonzaga ML (-610 at the time I got it) in a 12-team open parlay I'm hoping to close out. Also played Lehigh -3 and Gonzaga -8 (bought some) individually. Keep up the good work!

wizcodlifa

what are your thoughts on the kansas/mich st gm and the duke/kentucky. as i love to bet on these types of games. EXTREMELY early leans give me kansas. just seems almost too easy.

as well as leaning Kentucky. as i understand duke is the best team in the nation at home, but 3.5 point start with kentucky's talent and calipari. almost impossible to pass up. please let me no your thoughts, as i truly believe your better then me. these are just second opinions with yours.

gwills

Zags looking good guys! I am gonna stay up late and watch these games, I can't resist!

HBU +12.5
    Davidson / New Mexico UNDER 144.5

I think UNM is gonna slow down Davidson's offense at home guys! Steve Alford preaches defense and this will be played at the Lobos' pace!

In the HBU-Hawaii game I like it to be close seeing as it is the final game of this little tourney deal. Think it'll come down to the last couple of possessions, therefore I like HBU and the points.

Lehigh -3
    and Zags -9.5 are wins! I'll change Zags if it loses later, but it looks solid now and will prevent me from having to post later! 5-0!

- GWills

gwills

Wiz, I will post the official write-up tomorrow, but I am ALLLL OVVVERRRRR Kansas -2.5. Haven't look at Duke-UK yet.

How 'bout those Zags right now? Thanks for telling me about Lehigh. Can't believe I missed but was all over it!

gwills

Quote Originally Posted by haserfauld View Post
    Tailed on Lehigh -3 and had Gonzaga ML (-610 at the time I got it) in a 12-team open parlay I'm hoping to close out. Also played Lehigh -3 and Gonzaga -8 (bought some) individually. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks dude!

wizcodlifa

Gwills thanks for the zaga pick. i wanted to wait until the game was over. just superstition. thanks again. lets keep em comin. by the way any leans for all these games today?

wizcodlifa

by the way im leaning temple -4. looks nice

wizcodlifa

wish i woulda saw the under too as well. damn. lookin solid

gwills

Really? I'm kinda nervous, very up-and-down game. We'll see. Hopefully it slows down in the 2nd half, Davidson is LIGHTS OUT shooting.

wizcodlifa

ya. 2 late half threes makes it look worse. its much easier for a team to get cold, rather then to got hot. i like how the under is sitting. you check out temple?

1234 ... Last