Robert Ferringo
    Robert Ferringo's Avatar Become A Pro!

St. Louis is overvalued right now. Kwamain Mitchell is hurt. Rick Majerus is gone. A lot of expectations. The Atlantic 10 is ridiculous this year. I mean, it's ridiculous. I just wrote an article projecting the 68-team field this year and I have five teams (VCU, Butler, St. Louis, UMass, Temple) out of the A-10.

And USC-Upstate is actually pretty good. They are the best team from the Atlantic Sun and I project them to win that league's automatic bid. All five starters are back and they start 6-2, 6-6, 6-6, 6-8, 6-8, so they won't be overwhelmed by size. They went to the CBI last year and beat Kent State.

I see that line opening at 10 and then being bet up to 12.5 or thereabouts. But that is not a game I am running to get on. St. Louis is a grinder team that likes to play/win games in the 50s and low 60s. Not conducive to them laying out and beating a 12, 14, 15 poitn line, if it ever gets that high (which I don't think it will).

Robert Ferringo

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    yes and they get Jesse Carr back as a RS Sr too
    Carr is out for the year. Hurt again.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ferringo View Post
    Carr is out for the year. Hurt again.
    damn that sucks for him

zoo youk

Ferrig you know your shit. had no idea USC Upstate was even in the CBI last year, let alone beat Kent State. though Kent State had a lot higher expectations than the CBI, so can probably throw that game out the window.

but I always like the small unknown bringing everybody back full of experience factor too but St Louis is bringing everyone back too. i know Mitchell will be out but i still think there is too much of a talent gap.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I agree with St Louis. Majerus was the reason that team was as good as it was. He's a genius when it comes to coaching basketball. I would worry about a letdown year from St Louis.

zoo youk

St. Louis is overvalued right now. Kwamain Mitchell is hurt. Rick Majerus is gone. A lot of expectations. The Atlantic 10 is ridiculous this year. I mean, it's ridiculous. I just wrote an article projecting the 68-team field this year and I have five teams (VCU, Butler, St. Louis, UMass, Temple) out of the A-10.

And USC-Upstate is actually pretty good. They are the best team from the Atlantic Sun and I project them to win that league's automatic bid. All five starters are back and they start 6-2, 6-6, 6-6, 6-8, 6-8, so they won't be overwhelmed by size. They went to the CBI last year and beat Kent State.

I see that line opening at 10 and then being bet up to 12.5 or thereabouts. But that is not a game I am running to get on. St. Louis is a grinder team that likes to play/win games in the 50s and low 60s. Not conducive to them laying out and beating a 12, 14, 15 poitn line, if it ever gets that high (which I don't think it will).
    yeah i love the A10 this year. but I am not a believer in Butler. i think they are going to get eaten alive in this conference this year, at least. also, they wont win the conf or anything but don't sleep on Richmond. they could be a sleeper. also conference player of the year will either be Burgess' little brother from VCU or the kid from UMASS

hoping UMASS can finally get over the fukin hump. grew up loving that Marcus Camby squad.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

indiana and byu look great

Robert Ferringo

Butler will not dominate nearly as much as they did in the Horizon, where they really just had so many games off (UI-Chicago, Loyola, etc.). They will have their struggled. And even the second- and third-tier teams in that league are really, REALLY good.

But Rotnei Clarke is going to go apeshitt this year. He is going to be a blast to watch. They have nice depth and experience, some more athletic guys, and as much as I think that Brad Stevens is a smarmy dick, the guy can coach. I don't see them winning the A-10. But they will do enough int he non-con and finish in the top tier. And their name recognition will get them that bid.

Robert Ferringo

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post
    indiana and byu look great
    I don't trust Carlino. He's got skills. But he is one of those guys that keeps both teams in every game.

More Haws. More Davies. Less Carlino. And they will be good. They need to slow down a bit; they played too fast last year.

But yeah, solid squad.

Robert Ferringo

I actually think Khalif Wyatt is the best player in that league. Maybe even Chris Gaston, who is the best player no one in the country has heard of.

But SO MANY great guards. Chaz Williams. Rotnei Clarke. Carl Jones and Langston Galloway (St. Joe's). Brothers. Ramon Galloway (LaSalle). Kevin Dillard (Dayton). Etc.

Again, this league is loaded. I think it is the best mid-major conference I have ever seen. It is massive, but extremely talented.

TPowell

what about Davidson? This team is loaded. Losing basically nobody from a very solid team last year. Middle Tennessee State should be very good as well, bringing back most of the team from a great team last year

zoo youk

yep without a doubt. I think St Joes coach said this team he has is more talented than the one that went undefeated with Nelson and West.

league is so fkn stacked its unreal.

coach that came over from (hofstra?) to fordham has done wonders for Ghaston.

really dissapointed they moved the league tourney out of AC. fkn best year the league is going to have in it's history and they are going to play in Brooklyn.
    Last edited by zoo youk; 11-07-12 at 11:10 PM.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    what about Davidson? This team is loaded. Losing basically nobody from a very solid team last year. Middle Tennessee State should be very good as well, bringing back most of the team from a great team last year
    i'm not a big fan of Davidson OOC. i think they are just strong in conference cause the talent around them is so poor.

as far as MTSU, they made me some good money last year. love Kermit Smith defensive coached teams. JT Sulton should evolve into one of the best big men in that conference.

zoo youk

MTSU is taking a big hit in losing Laron Dendy...forgot about that.

TPowell

i'm not a big fan of Davidson OOC. i think they are just strong in conference cause the talent around them is so poor.

as far as MTSU, they made me some good money last year. love Kermit Smith defensive coached teams. JT Sulton should evolve into one of the best big men in that conference.

The Southern Conference is notoriously weak, but this team is one of the best mid majors in the country IMO. They are very well coached and played Louisville EXTREMELY tough in the opening round last year

TPowell

MTSU is taking a big hit in losing Laron Dendy...forgot about that.
    yep, that is basically it I think

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    yep, that is basically it I think
    yeah but was also conference player of the year and many teams just took the team and carried them on his back. Kermit Davis defensive coaching are always going to have MTSU in games but unless JT Sulton takes a huge step up, I'm not sure where the scoring is going to consistently come from.

Robert Ferringo

Love Davidson this year. Love them. They aren't going to sneak up on anyone, per say, because they still have some residual name recognition from the Steph Curry years. But this is the best team since that one, and they are absolutely a second-weekend tournament team.

If you can beat Kansas in Phog Allen - the same Kansas team that went to the title game - you are LEGIT.

Everyone back. Great system. Excellent coach. Physically strong enough to compete with top BCS teams. Yeah, these guys are excellent.

But if you are going to play them, play them early. Because their numbers are going to be ridiculous once league starts. You won't be able to get them laying less than like 16, 18, 22, etc. against most of the teams not named, "Charleston". They are going to lay waste to the SoCon.

Robert Ferringo

MTSU is still very good. Again, they are a system team and the experience on this team is a big factor.

Also, they did lose Dendy. But they gained 6-11 transfer Torin Walker, formerly of Oklahoma State. He could have a similar impact. Not saying he will, but I'm saying he is the same size and probably the same type of player as Dendy, who was also a BCS transfer.

zoo youk

Rob will you be posting plays this year? look forward to chatting college ball with you.

Robert Ferringo

I do not post my plays here. I am a professional handicapper for Doc's Sports Services. I am not going to say anything more because I don't want to invoke the ire of the mods or being seen as trying to shill. If you want any more info it is available at that website, and unlike some other marketing-minded handicappers that post on this website I will not post any links or any other promotional material.

But I am really looking forward to this season. I think I'm going to have yet another big year. *Knocking on wood*

TPowell

Alright guys two conferences left and I'll be done with my power ratings. West coast and WAC left. Gonna finish just in time

Robert Ferringo

Haha. Poor WAC. Used to be very fertile ground for the discerning bettor to rake. Been decimated by defections and now is pretty gross.

Fading NMSU this year and taking a wait-and-see with everyone else. Interested to see if Denver can make the transition, making what is still a step up from the Sun Belt. They were really, really good last year. But they will miss Stafford and Lewis.

Utah State - still kind of week by their own standards - and then everybody else. (And hoping UTSA can be my sneaky ATS team in that league. Some transfers hurt though.)

Sorry - hope I am not swaying your rankings! Haha!

zoo youk

Rob can you e-mail me please...krecick75 at gmail dot com

Robert Ferringo

ZY, I'm sorry but I am not going to do anything that is going to get me in trouble here. SBR is nice enough to let me bumble around in here and "talk shop" and I don't want to do anything that would be seen as taking advantage of that.

Robert Ferringo

Again, I apologize and don't want it to seem like I am blowing you off or anything. But I am not here to conduct business. I can only say that I can be reached through an e-mail to my company's website.

(I feel like I'm in the movies and I'm directing all questions to my attorney! Hahaha!)

zoo youk

ZY, I'm sorry but I am not going to do anything that is going to get me in trouble here. SBR is nice enough to let me bumble around in here and "talk shop" and I don't want to do anything that would be seen as taking advantage of that.

I'm not trying to do anything tout wise...just looking to have you in my contacts to discuss college bball..its all good.

Robert Ferringo

I got you. I am usually floating around the boards and am always down to talk college hoops. it is my favorite sport.

And like I said, if you get my e-mail through our site then I'm more than happy to rap about it. But I have been swatted by the mods in the past and I am dedicated to walking the straight and narrow here.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Trash Doc Sports, and Ferringo will jump out of the bushes quicker than you can ask, "Is Doc alive?"

zoo youk

I got you. I am usually floating around the boards and am always down to talk college hoops. it is my favorite sport.

And like I said, if you get my e-mail through our site then I'm more than happy to rap about it. But I have been swatted by the mods in the past and I am dedicated to walking the straight and narrow here.
    i looked but can't find it...your gonna have to gimme a hint here..went to your bio page but didnt find any email directly linked to you.

zoo youk

believe it or not it would actually be in SBRs best interest..i write for them for NCAAB. so keeping in touch with you and discussing NCAAB can only make me better

Robert Ferringo

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Trash Doc Sports, and Ferringo will jump out of the bushes quicker than you can ask, "Is Doc alive?"
    Hahahaha! I know you have nothing but disdain for myself and Doc's, but even I have to admit that was pretty funny!

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

ROBERT you have done some nice work in this thread....

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    ROBERT you have done some nice work in this thread....
    Agreed. The effort is certainly commendable.

Robert Ferringo

No matter what anyone else thinks, this is really why I like coming into forums. I want to "talk shop", I want to talk gambling, I want to talk sports, and I want to try to help people (and have others help me).

I really could do this all day.

First 123 Last