bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Which CBB teams play at altitude?

...high enough to sometimes give them a little extra home court advantage?

Colorado, Colorado State, Denver, Air Force, Wyoming, and UTEP come to mind...but I gotta be missing some.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

maybe obvious but maybe search for highest towns of certain size in america. or look at altitute map, or maybe there's basketball maps like europe has soccer. maps. also, check other teams i. those teamsconference
    nice list so far, and good subject

gojetsgomoxies

College basketball map. unfortunately division 2. but div 1 must exist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cbdii.PNG

gojetsgomoxies

here's a good map:

http://www.medary.com/staticpages/in...50811151846815

try to compare with high altitude map.

gojetsgomoxies

i did research on this topic. 2 of the top 3 long term home ATS teams are from rocky mountain states (udenver and can't remember the 2nd team... and this assumes a reasonably number of bettable games each season). unfortunately air force was one of the worst. still looks promising. doing this from memory, but udenver looked perfect. awesome ATS at home, terrible ATS on road.

i wonder why denver nuggets haven't gone completely moneyball-esque. use the old loyola marymount offense and grab players for that system. or would the defense be way too porous? also, not sure denver is high enough altitude to affect the players alot.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Northern Arizona maybe?

University of Alaska

Appalachian State University

Western Carolina

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Wyoming lacks any advantages period.

cobeez
    cobeez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

University of Denver was a good team last year in the Sun Belt. However, they moved to the WAC this year. They love to run the ball. I think they will adapt to play well in the WAC. Hell they traveled a shit ton to play their games last year. They lost 2 of their 5 starters last year. Brian Stafford was their leading scorer they lost. However, they bring back their next 4 leading scorers. CSU and CU will be good teams to bet as they love to run as well. CSU is a gutsy team that lost only 1 home game last year. They lost their head coach Tim Miles to Nebraska but I think the mentality of the kids will keep them performing well. They lost 2 starters. I do think that CU's lines may start out a little inflated with what they did last year. CU lost 3 starters. However I think they will be a team to reckon with at home.

I live here in Denver and went to school at CSU. I follow the local teams close. Someone mentioned the Air Force Academy and they are a very low scoring team and try to grind games out with disciplined defense. They don't get the athletes to run the court.