SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Championship Correlated Parlay???

Does anyone have an opinion on this statement???

"Kansas +6.5 and Under 137.5 is a correlated parlay tonight."

So far in the tournament, Kansas has scored 65, 63, 60, 80, and 64, with 80 coming in the fast paced matchup against UNC. Meanwhile, Kentucky is the best defense they will face. Does anyone think Kansas is going come out and put up 65-70 points against this Kentucky defense? Unfortunately I don't have the statistics for each team's offensive and defense efficiencies in the tournament, but I would love to see someone come up with those numbers and post them here. Based on the line movement I have seen so far, the sharps know that this will be a defensive game.

This thought may not hold too much strength, but take at look at the 2008 finals between the same two coaches. The score after 40 minutes was 63-63 for a total of 126.

I'm not sure if I have the balls to bet Kansas tonight, but in my opinion if someone out there believes Kansas +6.5 is the play, they should parlay that play with the Under. It might be a low scoring game either way, but if Kansas is going to win tonight I expect it to be because their defense held Kentucky in check, and not because they were able to outshoot them in a high scoring game. I can picture a Kansas win with both teams in the low 60's.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Told you Kansas would score about 60. A Kentucky -6.5 bet combined with a Kansas +6.5/Under Parlay was a correlated play last night.