TheBack
    TheBack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

How to hedge Kansass future

I have a kansass future @12-1 for 100. So thats 1200 if kansass wins the title game. Whats the best way to garentee me the most $$$ by hedging.

Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Put about $600 on KY ml

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Depends on how risky you want to play it. Conservative way you could bet $650 on Kent ML, which right now would pay you $200. So at worst you clear $100 profit and at best you clear $450 profit. Or you get gutsy and wait to live bet when you have better odds for Kentucky. Of course you could get screwed with this strategy and Kentucky blows their doors off you don't even get a chance to hedge in game.

Too bad, they wound up playing the one team in the tourney that would give you the worst odds. Good luck no matter what you decide.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

wait until halftime hope kansas is winning otherwise maybe live betting if you can get it, but its probably going to take a HUGE chunk to get a kentucky profit.

semi-related i had an 80-1 future on syracuse in '96 against kentucky couldnt do a single thing with it didnt even get excited knew that was a loss before the game

TheBack

Thanks for the suggestions. Im gonna way my options until monday. Hey maybe ill get lucky and there will be huge money come in on kansass(in my dreams i know).

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheBack View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Im gonna way my options until monday. Hey maybe ill get lucky and there will be huge money come in on kansass(in my dreams i know).
    if i were sitting on that future i would ride it out since i'm not a big fan of hedging when you have to lay heavy chalk to hedge. also depends on your $$$ situation and sometimes you have to hedge even though it kills you to do it.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't hedge b4 tipoff. If you really want to hedge just wait till KU makes a run so you get a good line in live betting. You would be throwing away way too much $$ if you hedge now.

TheBack

I think i might wait to see if i can get a good live bet line or just ride it out. My $$$ situation is pretty good im up 12 g's in last 4 weeks. So it might be worth the gamble. I mean kentucky is young and after watching tonite agianst a very inferior louiville team kentucky wasnt the NBA type squad everybody has been calling them. So it may be possible that they could have a hiccup. Also kentucky coach is known for choaking in turny not that i love bill self from kansass but who knows they call it gambling for a reason and there is a good reward for the risk here.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky is only -325 on the ML. I'd say lay them for whatever it is to win 1.5 units [about 485 or so]. If they win, you win $50. If KU wins it all, you still make out with $700 or so. I think it is stupid if you don't hedge on that.

TheBack

So in that scenario u laid out eaglesphan36 if i do that i am guaranteed to not loss $$ and worse case i win $50 and best case i win $700. So it basicaly a freeroll on kansass that way. Sounds like the smartest and best thing so far if im understanding it right

CWD
    Update your status

I think i might wait to see if i can get a good live bet line or just ride it out. My $$$ situation is pretty good im up 12 g's in last 4 weeks. So it might be worth the gamble. I mean kentucky is young and after watching tonite agianst a very inferior louiville team kentucky wasnt the NBA type squad everybody has been calling them. So it may be possible that they could have a hiccup. Also kentucky coach is known for choaking in turny not that i love bill self from kansass but who knows they call it gambling for a reason and there is a good reward for the risk here.
    wow you are up $12,000 and asking advice how to hedge a simple future?

TheBack

Yeah i dont like to lose i like to make the books pay out every chance i get. I hate lossing no matter how much im up

CWD
    Update your status

Yeah i dont like to lose i like to make the books pay out every chance i get. I hate lossing no matter how much im up
    sure you do i don't like lossing either

TheBack

Also bcuz i dont win all the time and dont claim to so just cuz im having a hot month doesnt mean next week i go in the shitter and start losing. So that extra $$ im trying to get out of this future might come in handy. U never know. U HAVE TO HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT PLAN FOR THE WORST.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

This thread is gayer than AIDS

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

if it was me I put exactly $100 on kentucky money line and thats it. So risking $100 to win whatever...thats just me. Im not a big beleiver in hedging, especially for such a little amount

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post
    This thread is gayer than AIDS
    Then why you in it? You a closet homo?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

no reason to hedge on a chalky line with just 12-1 odds on the other side

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Kentucky is only -325 on the ML. I'd say lay them for whatever it is to win 1.5 units [about 485 or so]. If they win, you win $50. If KU wins it all, you still make out with $700 or so. I think it is stupid if you don't hedge on that.
    Makes by far the most sense here. As BettingWizard said the odds aren't really high enough on the other side. GL

matt892
    matt892's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

I actually love losing that's why im putting a heavy g on Kansas to win by 10