Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

New Orleans SuperDome Question,

Anyone ever watched a game there?

how bad are the seats up top in the 600 section...

Thanks in advance...

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

much better off going to New Orleans and watching the game from a french quarter bar, NO PLACE better than New Orleans for a good time and for the best meal in America

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

yep

was at the cuse-kansas natl championship

the 600 seats are terrible

bring binoculars

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I'm from that area and been to a lot of games and the 600 area is HIGH HIGH HIGH!! The players will look like ants to be honest.

This is the SUPERDOME!!

And L'ville kid lets meet up when you come down. I will be in the French quarter and Bourbon

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

ok, yeah looking at the seating chart it looks ridiculous...

zboiz, defintley meet up if I can get down there... still working things out....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    much better off going to New Orleans and watching the game from a french quarter bar, NO PLACE better than New Orleans for a good time and for the best meal in America
    Was considering this as well...

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Was considering this as well...
    you can go wrong in New Orleans, best place for a good time in America

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    I'm from that area and been to a lot of games and the 600 area is HIGH HIGH HIGH!! The players will look like ants to be honest.

This is the SUPERDOME!!

And L'ville kid lets meet up when you come down. I will be in the French quarter and Bourbon
    how far is 'metairie', 'chateau lemoyne', and french quarter from the superdome?

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Like watching traffic on the Interstate when you're flying into an airport.

Br0nxer

how far is 'metairie', 'chateau lemoyne', and french quarter from the superdome?
    couple miles to FQ from superdome

Brock Landers

Metarie is 15 mins by car, not sure what chateau lemoyne is, French Quarter is within walking distance

ZBOIZ

Metarie is like 20 minutes from downtown

close to the airport

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

nice, thanks guys...

ZBOIZ

Metarie is 15 mins by car, not sure what chateau lemoyne is, French Quarter is within walking distance
    uh oh look at Brock know my area!

Brock Landers

uh oh look at Brock know my area!
    i fukking love New Orleans, i want to move there!

Br0nxer

LKid save your money

i know you want to see the game in person but I'm telling you from experience i sat in the 600 seats for the cuse-kansas natl championship

your barely at the fukkin game

you can barely see the game. the players look like ants

if you can get a little better seat then go. if not don't waste your money

ZBOIZ

The french quarter is walking distance to the dome. Just walk straight up Poydras and you'll walk straight to the dome

ZBOIZ

i fukking love New Orleans, i want to move there!
    I currently stay in Baton Rouge which is like 35 minutes (when I drive) from New Orleans. I'm thinking about moving to Chalmette which is where six flags use to be

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    LKid save your money

i know you want to see the game in person but I'm telling you from experience i sat in the 600 seats for the cuse-kansas natl championship

your barely at the fukkin game

you can barely see the game. the players look like ants

if you can get a little better seat then go. if not don't waste your money
    Yeah I wouldn't want the 600 level seats, I just want to watch it with alot of louisville fans being that im stuck in fukking jersey...

So i might just go to louisville or just go down to New Orleans watch the game at the FQ and after win, Scalp tickets for the championship game from a fan of a team that lost...

zboiz,

how's like 300/400 level?

Br0nxer

Yeah I wouldn't want the 600 level seats, I just want to watch it with alot of louisville fans being that im stuck in fukking jersey...

So i might just go to louisville or just go down to New Orleans watch the game at the FQ and after win, Scalp tickets for the championship game from a fan of a team that lost...

zboiz,

Brock Landers

I currently stay in Baton Rouge which is like 35 minutes (when I drive) from New Orleans. I'm thinking about moving to Chalmette which is where six flags use to be
    chalmette got obliterated by Katrina, dangerous to live there i think. But me myself would love to live in Faubourg Marigny, close enough to walk to the quarter but not have to pay french quarter prices.

I was in Baton Rouge last september, we loved it, spent half the day on LSU's campus. Had a fantastic dinner at Mike Anderson's!

Br0nxer

LKID you ever in AC

Brock Landers

zboiz,

go to New Orleans, you CAN NOT find a better place in America to watch the game and enjoy yourself. I have a ton of suggestions for food and drinks if you do go. Even some good hotels to look into (if any are still left)!

ZBOIZ

level 300 seats are good seats. perfect to be honest

ZBOIZ

chalmette got obliterated by Katrina, dangerous to live there i think. But me myself would love to live in Faubourg Marigny, close enough to walk to the quarter but not have to pay french quarter prices.

I was in Baton Rouge last september, we loved it, spent half the day on LSU's campus. Had a fantastic dinner at Mike Anderson's!
    Brock you should of told me you came to BR, we could of hooked up, and I would of paid for the fam dinner. Mike Anderson actually burned down but it's grand opening is coming up soon because they rebuild it

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

LKID you ever in AC
    I was basically living at the taj for 2 years in from 09/10 playing poker daily...

But my business picked up so I took a break for a year and they took away my diamond/black cards and all my comps, so i got discouraged... Im an addict for comps and love drinking/eating/free suites/valet and all that comes with having those cards... Also taj does the best job taking care of me...

I got a lil boat house in margate and im down the shore all the time in the summer, I normally hit up Ac alot after the beach....

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I don't like any seat in that place to see basketball. Even seats 4 rows back at mid court is awful. Horrible depth perception of the rims with a dark background. You really don't know how far the rim is even on the court. The NCAA picks these huge domes all in order to make money. They are not the venues for basketball. Look for all 3 games to go way under.

Go for the experience and camaraderie but don't expect an awesome viewing experience. Get to a TV set for that.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Been to New Orleans one time.....the Mardi Gras a few months before Katrina

Was a high school senior at the time and a bunch of my friends families were all down there on vacation taking a cruise out of the Gulf and Ms River but stayed in N.O for a few nights.....We were all getting hammered on Bourban street at 17 years old,getting in our faces, etc.....place has no fukkin rules and I will always love New Orleans to this day from that vacation

Highly recommended......the party atmosphere will be unreal with all the other fans that will be packed in New Orleans, even if you don't go to the game itself

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Been to New Orleans one time.....the Mardi Gras a few months before Katrina

Was a high school senior at the time and a bunch of my friends families were all down there on vacation taking a cruise out of the Gulf and Ms River but stayed in N.O for a few nights.....We were all getting hammered on Bourban street at 17 years old,getting in our faces, etc.....place has no fukkin rules and I will always love New Orleans to this day from that vacation

Highly recommended......the party atmosphere will be unreal with all the other fans that will be packed in New Orleans, even if you don't go to the game itself
    great story!

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

one of the best kept secret in NOLA...

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

yep

was at the cuse-kansas natl championship

the 600 seats are terrible

bring binoculars
    I was also at that game. Was lucky enough to be at the top of the lower level, even then it was like being in the upper section at a regular basketball arena.

The players will look very small.

OP, at least you'll be there, I guess.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

i live in mandeville, about 30-45 minutes north of the city north of the lake

i just saw a saints game this year i sat in section 612 row 28 i think. it wasnt bad at all. i mean yeah ur high up but it wasnt terrible.

any of you others wanna meet up that live around here lemme know. louisvillekid if u got any q's about any of the surrounding area lemme know

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

chalmette is shit to be honest with you unless you live closer to mereaux. if they allow the mixed income housing plan then its really gonna be f'd. my friend lives near mereaux on judge perez going east (away from the 9th ward). its not too bad. ur better off moving to metairie or river ridge etc. DO NOT MOVE to the westbank or n.o. east no matter what you do, those 2 areas have the highest increase of violent crimes since katrina

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    chalmette is shit to be honest with you unless you live closer to mereaux. if they allow the mixed income housing plan then its really gonna be f'd. my friend lives near mereaux on judge perez going east (away from the 9th ward). its not too bad. ur better off moving to metairie or river ridge etc. DO NOT MOVE to the westbank or n.o. east no matter what you do, those 2 areas have the highest increase of violent crimes since katrina
    how about Marigny?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

how about Marigny?
    marigny is tough b/c its one of those areas where one block is just fine but the next one over is a jungle. you just have to do a little research and know which streets/blocks to avoid. the fauborg has a huge local following, its not really a tourist area. theres a lotta clubs and bars in the area that the locals flock to. its one of the few areas that has actually been improving. then again like i said, head a little north (past claiborne) and u end up in st. roch which is pretty bad. head a little east and u end up in bywater/9th ward. tough call on that one.

12 Last