I took Kansas but it seems like a trap

Injury to NC has not slowed them down yet

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I took Kansas but it seems like a trap

Injury to NC has not slowed them down yet
    Kansas is almost perfectly designed to beat UNC. First, they have great interior defense. Withey and Robinson are excellent defenders. Second, UNC isn't a good 3 point shooting team, and like to go inside. This feeds right into Kansas' strength. Only advantage I see is the superior rebounding of UNC, but Kansas is a decent defensive rebounding team so it should neutralize much of UNC's main advantage. Only way I see UNC winning is if you get a breakout shooting performance from Harrison Barnes or one of their other wings.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Sorry LB, I was with you yesterday but today I'm going with UNC.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Wrong team favored. No. Carolina straight up!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Kansas now -1. Let's see what happens.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Owls View Post
    Kansas is almost perfectly designed to beat UNC. First, they have great interior defense. Withey and Robinson are excellent defenders. Second, UNC isn't a good 3 point shooting team, and like to go inside. This feeds right into Kansas' strength. Only advantage I see is the superior rebounding of UNC, but Kansas is a decent defensive rebounding team so it should neutralize much of UNC's main advantage. Only way I see UNC winning is if you get a breakout shooting performance from Harrison Barnes or one of their other wings.
    Again, if you want to back Carolina, that's a pretty big assumption to make given how Barnes is playing.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I think some bettors are starting to take Carolina in hopes that Marshall will be back, I dont like Carolina's backup point, he cant guard Kansas' guards on the bounce, he struggled much against Ohio's point. I wanna bet Kansas but I can see them struggling to score, at the 3 Carolina has a huge advantage, Kansas is close to home that should help them, tough call.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Is Marshall playing? Could be insiders who know he is which would explain the line movement

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

1h under.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I think some bettors are starting to take Carolina in hopes that Marshall will be back, I dont like Carolina's backup point, he cant guard Kansas' guards on the bounce, he struggled much against Ohio's point. I wanna bet Kansas but I can see them struggling to score, at the 3 Carolina has a huge advantage, Kansas is close to home that should help them, tough call.
    Carolina has a huge advantage if you think Barnes actually shows up. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Carolina has a huge advantage if you think Barnes actually shows up. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
    The Barnes/Bullock are better than Taylor/Elijah Johnson. Henson and Zeller and better than Withey and TRob.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Kansas is the superior defensive team, are they not ?

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Really don't see how unc can win again without Marshall against a legit team, and against a good team like Kansas defensively. Coach Roy's entire system revolves around a great guard pushing the ball up court and fast breaking. Felton, Lawson, . . . now Marshall. Remember what happened last year when they tried Drew III?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    1h under.
    I like that too, can see some feeling out early, possibly more feeling out than expected, only hesitancy is I can see the both bigs of both teams trying to avoid early foul trouble which would lead to giving up easier baskets. Hmm.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Kansas is the superior defensive team, are they not ?
    Carolina's good on D also, they just dont force turnovers.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

trends point to an under

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Whose bigs do you see enforcing their will more, Kansas' or Carolina's?

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    If Marshall doesn't play, it'll be a team with no PG against a team with Tyshawn Taylor.

Taylor almost cost them the game against NC State (5 turnovers, 6 points, 2-14 shooting) and if he plays like that against UNC, Kansas has no chance.
    Tyshawn Taylor is the worst "big game player" in the country. kid absolutely chokes and plays like dog shit under pressure.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    trends point to an under
    Yea, I think Im gonna go under full game and maybe 1st half, I know away from home Kansas has been a sure bet for an under.

zoo youk

what are you talking about? Cooper averages about 18 a game and he shot like 2-17 from the floor.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Whose bigs do you see enforcing their will more, Kansas' or Carolina's?
    Hard to say. Henson is better than Withey, but Withey's no slouch and both have the ability to significantly alter gameplans. Robinson and Zeller are both forces in their own right.

I just don't see backing UNC without Marshall and his dribble penetration, but Self's Elite Eight record speaks for itself. Game is a toss-up to me. I'd probably play Kansas if you forced me to; even if Marshall plays, I doubt he'll be effective. Can Kansas knock down enough perimeter shots and score enough to win, though?

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Is Marshall playing? Could be insiders who know he is which would explain the line movement
    You stupid fukker, line movement doesn't mean shit in these games, get a ******* clue.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

lets go unc!! i have them winning whole thing cmon unc

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    what are you talking about? Cooper averages about 18 a game and he shot like 2-17 from the floor.
    I was referring to staying in front of him, I saw Cooper getting to where he wanted to in that game despite shooting poorly.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Hard to say. Henson is better than Withey, but Withey's no slouch and both have the ability to significantly alter gameplans. Robinson and Zeller are both forces in their own right.

I just don't see backing UNC without Marshall and his dribble penetration, but Self's Elite Eight record speaks for itself. Game is a toss-up to me. I'd probably play Kansas if you forced me to; even if Marshall plays, I doubt he'll be effective. Can Kansas knock down enough perimeter shots and score enough to win, though?
    Was thinking the same thing, the perimeter scoring, I keep saying to myself its time for both of Kansas' guards to break out and score but it hasnt really happened yet.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Come on please gimme a break. Kansas is prolly gonna win the tourney. North Carolina should have lost to Ohio. Kansas is way too much for the tar heels.

Kansas -2+103 (6x)
    you are a fukkn idiot... yeah, cause Ohio didn't even make 1 damn shot in OT... they should have won huh

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Relaford, I think, could be a huge x-factor for Kansas, he has to play great D and well on the offensive end.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Was thinking the same thing, the perimeter scoring, I keep saying to myself its time for both of Kansas' guards to break out and score but it hasnt really happened yet.
    Yeah, it's really going to come down to who will actually have a jump shot today. Like Buford, Taylor and Barnes are really, really struggling right now.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    You stupid fukker, line movement doesn't mean shit in these games, get a ******* clue.
    Wow man... this guy seems angry. Do you need to get laid?

t-wizzle

Yeah, it's really going to come down to who will actually have a jump shot today. Like Buford, Taylor and Barnes are really, really struggling right now.
    I think you meant bullock

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas 17-4 last 21 tourney games,( under), tough trend to buck,

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you are a fukkn idiot... yeah, cause Ohio didn't even make 1 damn shot in OT... they should have won huh
    If Ohio hits that last foul shot, then they probably would have won.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Taylor and Johnson are gonna be smothering UNC's points, if Marshall plays he will be attacked, testing the sore hand, if Stilman starts lol, he will be mugged, behind a pro Kansas crowd. First 5 minutes sounds like a good bet on KU.

zoo youk

no. there confidence is absolutely broken in the locker room. piece of an article from sbnation...

It took until the Elite Eight for UNC to face an opponent who has a blog on SBNation, but here we are. Given this type of corporate synergy, I couldn't help but ask the bloggers at Rock Chalk Talk. They'll run their own interview with me later today; until then, here's the questions I asked them.From the tone of Kansas's postgame interviews, you'd have thought that not only had N.C. State won, but the Wolfpack had stolen their girlfriends and kicked their pets, as well. With their recent shooting woes, what's the general mood of the team and their fans?I guess I can't speak for the team other than the fact that I do believe they think they are a much more capable offensive team than they've shown lately. I think our confidence might be a bit shaky on that end of the court.From a fan perspective I think we truly are grateful to have made it to this point and it's a little bit less pressure now heading into the Elite Eight. This team has completely overachieved when compared to expectations and that's always a fun thing as a fan. I think if Marshall were 100% healthy Kansas fans would probably head into this one thinking that UNC is a good team and let's see what we can do. With Marshall potentially out, there is a little more tendency to think that we might be able to pull out the win but by no means is anyone viewing the Tar Heels as anything less than the top seed in the region.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

NC played their first game without Marshall and should improve now that they know what to expect. Kansas on the other hand...just isn't that good. Purdue has no post players whatsover...6th in the Big Ten & should've beaten Kansas. You can always count on Self to sit there with a thumb up his a$$ too instead of making timely adjustments. North Carolina to the Final Four!

First 123 Last