Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky had 37 Fts, Indiana had 17, are u F$#%ing serious.

I feel sorry for the Indiana team, this game was over before it began.

WHY IS NO-ONE highlighting this?! are you kidding me, was Tim Donaghy reffing this game?!

17 Fts to 29 before the last minute. If an Indiana player farted in the general direction of a Kentucky player it was a a foul.

Hoosiers left everything on the court tonight. At least they made Kentucky work for it besides the bullshit 2/1 FT ratio.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

very misleading stat quit crying the better team won

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I think they lost because they gave up 102 points in a college basketball game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Probably didnt even watch the game.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

I did watch the game, and crying doesn't come into question here, I've highlighted a legitimate misbalance - what is misleading about that CWD, please present an argument besides a one-line rebuttal. And Madoff, what makes you think I didn't watch the game, is there anything to stats?!! You always talk about lines and stats, present to me one NCAA game in the last 10 years that has one team shooting 20 more FTs than another and I will shuttup, seriously. I want to punch your avatar in the face- no offense.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I thought UK got the benefit of calls in the 1st half but evened out in the 2nd half. That said, UK does get the benefit of calls similar to Duke and UNC. In the SEC tourney, UK shot 58 FT to just 13 in 2 game between LSU and UF. UK had 23 FT's to just 2 FT's in the Gator game. How the hell does a team go to the line only once in an entire game? That was some straight up bullshit.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Well said, this is the inevitable dichotomy we live with in this sport, penetration in this game was omnipresent, but Kentucky got all calls inside in the 2nd half. Even the commentator with Ion Eagle was quoted saying "why is the ref looking at the clock after calling that foul for Kentucky", with 1:30 left in the game, "is there a need to look @ the clock, he has he game clock in hand..." I hope anyone heard that, this was when Kentucky moved to a 10 point advantage with 1:38 left. line was +9.5.

Regardless at this point its like beating a dead horse, I'm a Hoosier fan, despite being in So-cal, I felt they didn't get a fair game. Hate me for expressing an opinion.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    I did watch the game, and crying doesn't come into question here, I've highlighted a legitimate misbalance - what is misleading about that CWD, please present an argument besides a one-line rebuttal. And Madoff, what makes you think I didn't watch the game, is there anything to stats?!! You always talk about lines and stats, present to me one NCAA game in the last 10 years that has one team shooting 20 more FTs than another and I will shuttup, seriously. I want to punch your avatar in the face- no offense.
    Are you serious? It happens all the time, its happened many times this season. Not sure youre talking about a regular season NCAA game or a tourney game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I thought UK got the benefit of calls in the 1st half but evened out in the 2nd half. That said, UK does get the benefit of calls similar to Duke and UNC. In the SEC tourney, UK shot 58 FT to just 13 in 2 game between LSU and UF. UK had 23 FT's to just 2 FT's in the Gator game. How the hell does a team go to the line only once in an entire game? That was some straight up bullshit.
    Florida's a jump shooting team, that stat doesnt surprise me, although I dont remember the details of that game.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Indiana wouldn't stop fouling at the end idiot.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

FYI, Indiana started intentional fouling before the last minute, but you even said, with one minute left it was 29-17. It was closer to a 10 shot differential.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    FYI, Indiana started intentional fouling before the last minute, but you even said, with one minute left it was 29-17. It was closer to a 10 shot differential.
    Like I said, I dont think he watched the game.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

It happen in probably 15-20% of all basketball games...sometimes is plays out like that.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

your post says 37-17 which is irrelevant because they shot 14 free throws in the last 2 minutes when indiana was fouling intentianally. that is why it was a 2-1 ratio and that is why it was misleading. take away the intentional fouls it would be a 23-17 ratio which is nothing to complain about.

i doubt you watched the game.

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    your post says 37-17 which is irrelevant because they shot 14 free throws in the last 2 minutes when indiana was fouling intentianally. that is why it was a 2-1 ratio and that is why it was misleading. take away the intentional fouls it would be a 23-17 ratio which is nothing to complain about.

i doubt you watched the game.
    Thank you its not like that was hard for people to figure out either. Plus Indiana missed the front end of a couple 1 and 1's so that also limits their ft attempts. Plus UK making their's lead to 2 shots most of the time so that increases their attempts.

This year's team typically shot more ft's than their opponents because 1. They dont really foul very much and set the NCAA record for blocks in a season. 2. Offensively they attack the rim a lot which leads to getting fouled more often than a team that settles for jump shots and 3's. Its not like this is rocket science fella's.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Whatever I'm over it, talk all you want. I was wrong it was 10-29 fts at the 1 minute mark. I really don't care about opinions, this was just silly.

Made up 2 units on Louisville today I'm fine. With that said the ft % was much more fair in that game (12-18 - 12-15).

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Indiana wouldn't stop fouling at the end idiot.
    Go F youself, I stated that.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Do you know that more athletic and talented teams tend to draw more fouls which results in more free throws?

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

kentucky and ohio state are 2 teams that have really stood out to me this year that get EVERY SINGLE FUGGIN CALL. Absolutely ridiculos with these 2 squads. U breathe on these 2 teams and its a foul. Sickening, but nothing new. Ive accepted it a long time ago and moved on from it

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Florida's a jump shooting team, that stat doesnt surprise me, although I dont remember the details of that game.
    Florida was driving to the hole on every other play but couldn't buy a foul. After getting hacked at least 20 - 25 times you then give up. When have you ever seen a team get to the FT line only once in the entire damn game? Hell a womans team would get to the line more than once.

and How do you explain UK getting 20+ FT's than LSU?

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

It happens Jago. Great game though. Sometimes ya just don't get the breaks. Who knows, if Pritch throws down that dunk and IU goes up 6, maybe this becomes a different game. And yet maybe it changes nothing.

Just look at this year as a bonus, no one expected it. And remember that next year we may very well become the UK of the tourney. 30+ wins, B1G Title, and a number 1 seed are easily obtainable goals. This team will be LOADED.