ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hahahaha, finally - a SC fan shows up. Couldn't believe it took this long to find one on a sports gambling forum.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    No doubt!

I bet 95% of that fan base couldn't find the basketball arena without a fukkin map and a clue. Who world of degenerates on SBR, and not a single SC backer in here sayin' a word.
    Did you not see my posts above yours?? Re read the thread

And you're wrong pal.....Besides for this season, the arena has been been packed and it's really nice and new

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Tons of Gamecock Fans on here anyway......We had a Clemson burial thread during football season with about 15 guys

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Martin might be suspended ala Bruce Pearl.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Martin might be suspended ala Bruce Pearl.
    According to who? Or just making shit up?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    According to who? Or just making shit up?
    They had a guy getting paid impermissible benefits... This isn't much different than what Pearl went through at Tennessee. I'm assuming USC would be able to void the contract at this point if the NCAA wanted to make an example of Martin.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    They had a guy getting paid impermissible benefits... This isn't much different than what Pearl went through at Tennessee. I'm assuming USC would be able to void the contract at this point if the NCAA wanted to make an example of Martin.
    Samuels doesn't have parents and was getting paid by his father figure, who was also his AAU coach, a little bit of personal money.......

Frank Martin has nothing to do with that, and was pissed they even suspended Samuels because of the circumstances (Kid is dirt poor with no family)......

NCAA takes into account a lot of factors, not everything is black and white when they make a decision......

And what was going on with Bruce Pearl runs a hell of a lot deeper, come on now

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Just 2 years ago, chalky.....SC fans are great in every sport.....I was one of the fans rushing the court here

Ironman07
    Ironman07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7984

Im very close to this situation having inside info from a local radio station owner and host who has a strong relationship with Martin... first to clarify the so called impermissable benefits are of very little concern to the NCAA . In fact we are talking of extremely minor consequences if any at all.. the crux of Martins conflict is a long conflict with Curie the AD at KSU.. He was hired to straighten and improve the financial situation In Manhattan.. Curie became his own complaince dept. making it difficult for both coaches... Martin and Synder... to save $$ and pad the books he had the football team take bus rides to games which angered Synder.... the problem was he was extremely successful at padding the books but when things were looking good he wouldnt allow the teams to share the overflow . Instead Curie became the ultimate asshole and penny pincher.. the self reporting of the last incident was just the straw that broke the camels ass.

Marin and Bill Synder both have a horrible relationship with this jackoff.. Curie never made any serious attempt to resign Martin. In fact they rarely spoke to each other cause Martin would just as soon punch his lights out... Martin couldnt take being around this jackoff any more...Its that simple..

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Just as I thought Ironman......Frank Martin is a damn good coach and I've always liked him at K-State....For South Carolina this has gotta be a slamdunk hire

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

IMO, Martin is a great coach. He does more with less than arguably any coach in the country. However, he will only be successful if he can recruit kids to Columbia. To this point, that has been a struggle. Many believe his one weak point is recruiting. Yes he had successful players at K State but some of them were from Bob Huggins as well as his former assistant coach, Dalonte Hill, who is at Maryland now. Hopefully, Martin gets the players and if so, I have zero doubt the program will follow a similar path the football program has ensured. In any fashion, go cocks!

First 12