chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Thursdays Play of the Day (Wisky vs Syracuse)

Syracuse is just not that good of a team without Fab Melo, think back to the Notre Dame game a team thats very disciplined and plays a slower pace. Well Wisky is that type of team just that their better! The the orange will have to rely on turnovers and fast break opportunities to get most of there points as I don't think they are a very good half court team, Wisky is a nightmare much up for them, I have wisky winning by 7 BOL

Wisky +3.5 (5 units)

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i agree. Cuse needs turnovers and fast break points to score right now, and Wisconsin allows little of either. BOL with your play, i'm trying to decide between Badgers and under, may go Badgers full game and 1H under.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    Syracuse is just not that good of a team without Fab Melo.
    I do not agree with this at all. Kris Joseph had a great quote about Melo:

"We lost one player,’’ continued Joseph. “You would think he averaged 30 points, 20 rebounds and 12 blocked shots. We appreciate what Melo did for us. But we’ve replaced him with two other guys we have faith in. No one guy was going to stop this team.’’

Melo's absence is mainly a defensive thing - his offensive impact was minimal at-best. Yes, offensive rebounding is something he brought to the table with his size - but Christmas is a pogo stick who is a solid rebounder. Melo had a high of 14 pts this year. Most games we're talking about a guy who contributed maybe 8-10 pts per game. Christmas can and has given them similar production.

The key to this game is kind of simplistic to me. Wisconsin has to make threes. I think a minimum of ten. They're going to get looks. Hell, they took 33 against Vanderbilt out of 55 total shots. Any team that can make threes against the zone is a "nightmare" match-up, but the question is can you make them consistently? Obviously Syracuse would prefer to run, but they've shown an ability to win in a half court grinding type of game.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Melo is overrated. People are making it out to be like Syracuse lost a college Shaq.

College Basketball is a lot more team/system game than the NBA where you need superstars to win.

Syracuse might even be better off without Melo, takes pressure off them since everyone expects them to lose.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Wisky for certain

chinoloco212

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Wisky for certain
    its not that melo is shaq or anything its that melo clogged up the lane for them, got them offensive boards and got them blocks on the defensive end. and provides a big defensive presence

Monter
    Monter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

its not that melo is shaq or anything its that melo clogged up the lane for them, got them offensive boards and got them blocks on the defensive end. and provides a big defensive presence

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This is Syracuse v. K-State all over again, everyone on here was on K-States nuts, now I cannot guarantee anything, but why is this a nightmare for Syracuse? Wisconsin plays slow paced basketball and hard nosed defense? Sound familiar? Because I think about 5 or 6 teams in the Big East play very similiar to Wisconsin, should be good old fashion Big East ball.

isotopes

Cuse would have had more trouble with Vanderbilt than Wisconsin

Monter
    Monter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    This is Syracuse v. K-State all over again, everyone on here was on K-States nuts, now I cannot guarantee anything, but why is this a nightmare for Syracuse? Wisconsin plays slow paced basketball and hard nosed defense? Sound familiar? Because I think about 5 or 6 teams in the Big East play very similiar to Wisconsin, should be good old fashion Big East ball.
    Incorrect...KState loves to give the ball to the other team. Did it all year. Wisconsin is the exact opposite. In my opinion the key to the game is not how Wisky will defend Cuse its how Wisky will attack/be patient/not turn over the ball against the Cuse zone.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Wiscy ML

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I loved cuse over k state but you have to be joking if you think WISC is anything like k state...wisc has reliable people who can handle the ball....angel was a turnover machine that cuse expolited....can cuse win...yes...but I think if wisc plays the way they have been, cuse could find themselves in trouble...cuse needs a lot of points from the line to win tonight..thats fact..

isotopes

Haha, I wasn't saying this game was like the k-state game in style of play, I meant it was like the k-state game in the fact that everyone on here is on Wisky like they were on K-State.

I am saying that Wisconsin plays similiar ball to alot of Big East teams, it is not going to be a shocker playing against Wisconsin's D after playing teams such as Georgetown, West Virginia, Cincinatti, Louisville, etc.. Wisconsin plays similiar ball to alot of grind it out Big East teams.

chinoloco212

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Haha, I wasn't saying this game was like the k-state game in style of play, I meant it was like the k-state game in the fact that everyone on here is on Wisky like they were on K-State.

I am saying that Wisconsin plays similiar ball to alot of Big East teams, it is not going to be a shocker playing against Wisconsin's D after playing teams such as Georgetown, West Virginia, Cincinatti, Louisville, etc.. Wisconsin plays similiar ball to alot of grind it out Big East teams.

theres plenty of differences, b/w the two teams the main one is in the point guard factor, Wisky has Jordan Taylor who is very experienced KState had a freshie, I was not one of those people on kstate that day

isotopes

Again, I didn't say that K-State plays like Wisconsin, nor did I say that you were on them.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

You had to get on this when the line first came out @ Wisc +4.5. Now is too late and the books are right on at 3.
    If you want to bet on this game now - At the half if either team is beating the line by at least 5 take the other side. So if Wisc is up 3+ at the half or if Syr is up 7+, take the other side.

chinoloco212

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    You had to get on this when the line first came out @ Wisc +4.5. Now is too late and the books are right on at 3.
    If you want to bet on this game now - At the half if either team is beating the line by at least 5 take the other side. So if Wisc is up 3+ at the half or if Syr is up 7+, take the other side.
    at +3 i still think there is value as i think Wisky wins the game, my numbers have it at wisky +2

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Either Cuse covers or Whisky wins. Taking a +2 is dumb.

Blacke
    Just Livin' the Dream!
    Blacke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1276

Love the pick....thanks

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

at +3 i still think there is value as i think Wisky wins the game, my numbers have it at wisky +2
    i'm with you, man. i booked it earlier at +3' and i capped this game as Badgers by 2-3, so i see roughly two possessions worth of value ATS. plenty in my book. BOL to you.

thebestthereis

Cuse is -3 to Wisconsin on a neutral floor. How anyone can take the Badgers at only +3 is a complete mystery, that is why I am going to.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'd love to back the Badgers in this spot -- just like I did vs. Vandy -- but I don't see it happening. BOL chino.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

woscy has no paint so the middle is irrelevant in this situation

chinoloco212

cash it!

PR9

Wisky covers !!

Woot !!

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post

Either Cuse covers or Whisky wins. Taking a +2 is dumb.
    heh

chinoloco212

yea u gotta take the plus points wid teh way wisky plays its always gon be a close game

thebestthereis

Late breaking inside information continues to dominate