ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Man, you B1G guys crack me up. It's all cyclical - B1G was great this year, they'll be mediocre again soon enough.

You guys need Romar. Might not like him right now, but the guy will be a non-stop top 5 recruiting class at Illinois.

If he can bring Aaron Gordon and land Jabari Parker - that is a ridiculous class just with those two. Gordon is an absolute beast, and is all but locked up to go with Romar.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

the guy was afraid to compete vs the top notch teams in the land, simple as that

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I'm saying that he is admitting he can't handle it.

Winning the CAA is a million times easier than winning at Illinois. He made his choice.
    Shaka is obviously waiting for something better. Like UCLA. If he can handle UCLA, he sure as shit can handle little ol illinois.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

I haven't read the whole thread but I am sure Illini recommended his 84% pure Yola dealer from the "Santa Bruta" for the coaches job.
    Points Awarded:

kmarinouofm gave zoo youk 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Shaka is obviously waiting for something better. Like UCLA. If he can handle UCLA, he sure as shit can handle little ol illinois.

Don't be so sure. Shaka might go the route of Mark Few... Few is a little pussy and after years of getting curb stomped by Big 10 and Big East teams, he isn't going anywhere because he knows he can't win consistently outside of his god awful conference.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Man, you B1G guys crack me up. It's all cyclical - B1G was great this year, they'll be mediocre again soon enough.

You guys need Romar. Might not like him right now, but the guy will be a non-stop top 5 recruiting class at Illinois.

If he can bring Aaron Gordon and land Jabari Parker - that is a ridiculous class just with those two. Gordon is an absolute beast, and is all but locked up to go with Romar.
    The Big 10 has been a top 2 conference for a while now... not sure what you're talking about. They're not going anywhere.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

plus shaka turned nc state job last year..

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    plus shaka turned nc state job last year..
    NC State isn't on the same level as the Illinois job... I wouldn't be surprised if Shaka turns down the UCLA job eventually too. He clearly wants to be a pink panty wearing pussy like Few.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

NC State isn't on the same level as the Illinois job... I wouldn't be surprised if Shaka turns down the UCLA job eventually too. He clearly wants to be a pink panty wearing pussy like Few.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

you were begging for him for weeks, now you say he can't handle it
    thats kerry.... a flip flopping dumbfuk.

he was ready to pleasure him with his mouth few days ago and now says he cant handle it. uh no. he just knows its a shitty job and will hold out for a better one.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I would consider Marcus Liberty or Kenny Battle for our new coach.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I would consider Marcus Liberty or Kenny Battle for our new coach.
    how about Bobby Knight!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    thats kerry.... a flip flopping dumbfuk.

he was ready to pleasure him with his mouth few days ago and now says he cant handle it. uh no. he just knows its a shitty job and will hold out for a better one.
    wait wtf kerrywoods/jimmyeats/pris/ is pickwinnersalday....

Omg i can't believe I even repsonded to that clown, how could i of missed this...

turns every thread into 4 pages long by keep on repeating himself...

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    how about Bobby Knight!
    I would if Bobby Knight would be the coach. It would be the best thing for our program. It would be the best!

PickWinnerAllDay

wait wtf kerrywoods/jimmyeats/pris/ is pickwinnersalday....

Omg i can't believe I even repsonded to that clown, how could i of missed this...

turns every thread into 4 pages long by keep on repeating himself...

lol you are the biggest douche homer on this site... don't be mad that the Big 10 is far better than the big east and you have been owned in every CBB discussion we've ever had.

10-8 in the big east and louisville is unbeatable. lol

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I just hope illinois players have a comfortable couch to watch us move on...

Lol program is such on the decline a vcu coach says no....

HAAHAHAHAHHAA

Maybe lower your standards a little to say, Norfolk St's coach...

PickWinnerAllDay

Louisville will fail tomorrow at something even Illinois could do.... beating Michigan State... Suck on that, 'L'kid

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

You gotta be like 18 years old, atleast I hope so...

Cuz if your older, you're really making a fool of yourself

PickWinnerAllDay

You gotta be like 18 years old, atleast I hope so...

Cuz if your older, you're really making a fool of yourself
    After the videos you've posted, you're really posting this? You look 35 because you're out of shape but yet you act like you're 14 in your videos.

Care to make a bet on this Michigan State game with me?

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Haha, even Bernie Fine turned down a coaching offer from the Illini. . . . . .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Wow. PickWAD you are a moron. Just because he turned you guys down doesn't mean you need to trash the guy. Ever think he may be happy where he's at right now or waiting for something bigger? Hate to tell you, but Illinois isn't an "elite" job. Once again, to no one's surprise, you're making yourself out to be a child and a moron.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    Wow. PickWAD you are a moron. Just because he turned you guys down doesn't mean you need to trash the guy. Ever think he may be happy where he's at right now or waiting for something bigger? Hate to tell you, but Illinois isn't an "elite" job. Once again, to no one's surprise, you're making yourself out to be a child and a moron.
    Define elite? It isn't top 5, but its top 10 or top 15 depending on who you ask.

As for Shaka, hes made his choice. He'd rather stay in the CAA where there is no competition and he has no pressure because THIS was a successful season for VCU and that season for VCU would be a bad season for Illinois.

Maybe hes waiting for something better, but even UCLA is a much easier situation in the terrible Pac-12... I doubt he wanted to be in the best conference in the country with the best coaches.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

tim legler is still available.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    tim legler is still available.
    Ese Manny! We want big ten quality. Would you be available to coach? May the Lord and Shepard Jesus Christ Bless us with a rebirth of Lou Du Henson!

ChalkyDog

Define elite? It isn't top 5, but its top 10 or top 15 depending on who you ask.

As for Shaka, hes made his choice. He'd rather stay in the CAA where there is no competition and he has no pressure because THIS was a successful season for VCU and that season for VCU would be a bad season for Illinois.

Maybe hes waiting for something better, but even UCLA is a much easier situation in the terrible Pac-12... I doubt he wanted to be in the best conference in the country with the best coaches.

They made the tournament and won one in it. Last Year they made the final four. C'mon man, all of your 0 national titles, 2 final fours and 3 elite 8's don't really stand up very well. (those numbers are from the modern era, you know - when the elite 8 didn't consist of simply making the tournament).

Hell, before last year, the last time Illinois did as good as VCU this year, (winning 1 game in the dance) was 2006. You guys haven't won 27 games in a season since 2004-05. Smart has done that each year at VCU.

GTFO with that non-sense. You're butt hurt that Smart turned you down, and publicly bitch slapped you. This is what happens when the AD has no clue what they're doing. The deal should damn near be signed before the public gets wind of it.

Good hunting. But Illinois best asset is its natural recruiting ground. And even then, out-of-towners can come in there an poach. Stevens and Smart are waiting to land at an elite position, and be a lifer with a huge paycheck.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 03-21-12 at 05:53 PM.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

bring back lonnie "nightmare on elm st." kreuger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    bring back lonnie "nightmare on elm st." kreuger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree ese Manny! We want Lowell Hamilton as our coach!

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shaka Smart can't handle Big 10 basketball. He made that very clear. He'd rather beat up on UNCW and William and Mary than butt heads with Izzo, Painter, Belein, Thad, Bo Ryan.

I really hope his luck runs out and he never sees another contract offer like this in his life. VCU was a couple of shots away from missing the tournament entirely this year and last year so there is no guarantee an elite team like Kansas/Kentucky/Duke/UNC will ever call his number.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

you could of mic for peanuts but now the price has went up

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by msutter View Post
    Reports say Buzz Williams is the second choice. I'd be happy to land him. Already is familiar with recruiting the Chicago area at Marquette.
    buzz would be an idiot to leave marquette for the illini...

leaving the big east for the big ten is a wash in my opinion.. both are just as good as each other... maybe the big ten is a bit better idk.. or care..

but i will tell you this.. Buzz is a god at Marquette.. and that school gives him all the support that guy would ever want.. ESPN did a special on Buzz and his recruiting.. Guy has his own private jet that he jets around the country in looking at recruits..

He has ZERO ties to the Illini.. so why would he leave the place that treats him so well? I can't imagine the Illini can offer him anymore money then Marquette.. in fact i would argue Marquette would give him more $$ its not like Marquette has a shit ton of Major sports it has to divide its money across..

maybe you are right.. but buzz would be an idiot to do it..

Plus do you really want to be jinxed for the rest of your coaching career by Brock Landers?

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    buzz would be an idiot to leave marquette for the illini...

leaving the big east for the big ten is a wash in my opinion.. both are just as good as each other... maybe the big ten is a bit better idk.. or care..

but i will tell you this.. Buzz is a god at Marquette.. and that school gives him all the support that guy would ever want.. ESPN did a special on Buzz and his recruiting.. Guy has his own private jet that he jets around the country in looking at recruits..

He has ZERO ties to the Illini.. so why would he leave the place that treats him so well? I can't imagine the Illini can offer him anymore money then Marquette.. in fact i would argue Marquette would give him more $$ its not like Marquette has a shit ton of Major sports it has to divide its money across..

maybe you are right.. but buzz would be an idiot to do it..

Plus do you really want to be jinxed for the rest of your coaching career by Brock Landers?

flyingillini

I'm wearing my " we want Wayne" t shirt right now. I bleed orange and blue! Bardo has shown interest in the position as well as Liberty and Battle. Possibly Ken Norman as well. Let's do it!

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I'm wearing my " we want Wayne" t shirt right now. I bleed orange and blue! Bardo has shown interest in the position as well as Liberty and Battle. Possibly Ken Norman as well. Let's do it!
    the guy that does the hiring doesn't know or care about any of the old Illini. Salud Mike Thomas!

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    the guy that does the hiring doesn't know or care about any of the old Illini. Salud Mike Thomas!
    Brock, you are compared to Noah of Noah's Ark! Jesus Christ is with you buddy!

ChalkyDog

HAHAHA, now I have read on your own scout site, that Craig "Michelle Obama" Robinson is at the top of the list.

Damn, went from a prized coach, to scraps. OSU would be happy if you took him of their hands.

First 1234 Last