milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

4 BIG EAST and 4 BIG TEN teams still in it

so much for all the haters that always say these 2 conferences are overrated

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Shows the state of the Big East when three of the four are C-USA defects. The old BE is dead.

milwaukee mike

true cuse, i didn't even notice that

strange to see pitt and nova off the bracket

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

Lot of tough defense played in those conferences and that pays off come tourney time.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Show's what we had in the Conf USA back then too.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Show's what we had in the Conf USA back then too.
    I guess but I don't remember any of it, just Kenyon breaking his leg.

milwaukee mike

cuse remember last time in new orleans 2003? syracuse texas kansas marquette

we could have 3 of those 4 back again, crazy

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    cuse remember last time in new orleans 2003? syracuse texas kansas marquette

we could have 3 of those 4 back again, crazy
    yessir, sign me up for that, sounds good. I think you guys have a great shot.

Cuse0323

just messing with you BTW, bcats. still bitter about you guys knocking us out of the BET.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

so close to having G town and USF as well ....

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

I know Cuse, that was the darkest moment for me as a Bearcat fan.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know that I'd get all high and mighty... Big Ten had 6 teams in... 1 10 seed and everything else was a 4 or better - not exactly a tough row to hoe... to still have 4 of 6 speaks to a good conference and very favorable seeding.

Big East had 9 teams in... if you want to look at percentages... that means 44% of your teams are still in it. SEC only started with 4 yet still have 2 in which is 50%... You start with 9 teams you SHOULD have 4 still there two games later.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by Vol_Bengal View Post
    I don't know that I'd get all high and mighty... Big Ten had 6 teams in... 1 10 seed and everything else was a 4 or better - not exactly a tough row to hoe... to still have 4 of 6 speaks to a good conference and very favorable seeding.

Big East had 9 teams in... if you want to look at percentages... that means 44% of your teams are still in it. SEC only started with 4 yet still have 2 in which is 50%... You start with 9 teams you SHOULD have 4 still there two games later.
    Actually from a purely statistical standpoint, there are 16 teams left out of a field of 64 (once the field was settled, no need to count play in games) which means that only 25% of the filed is left. 25% times 9 is less than 3 so the Big East is doing better than they should be. As far as the SEC goes, your conference was garbage, you have two teams left in the tourney because Florida played a reeling Virginia team who absolutely was aweful coming down the stretch and who colorodo probably would have beat, and then got Norfolk State, and even though I enjoyed watching them beat Mizzou, they just were not a quality win. The second team is Kentucky, who is legit and is the front runner for the title.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love Louisville to go Deep.....Pitino so made he can smash a married milf blonde and have that biznatch thrown in jail afterwards

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

big east is 105 ats

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Actually from a purely statistical standpoint, there are 16 teams left out of a field of 64 (once the field was settled, no need to count play in games) which means that only 25% of the filed is left. 25% times 9 is less than 3 so the Big East is doing better than they should be. As far as the SEC goes, your conference was garbage, you have two teams left in the tourney because Florida played a reeling Virginia team who absolutely was aweful coming down the stretch and who colorodo probably would have beat, and then got Norfolk State, and even though I enjoyed watching them beat Mizzou, they just were not a quality win. The second team is Kentucky, who is legit and is the front runner for the title.
    And... 25% of 4 is 1... so with 2 still in it the SEC is still strong. However, you can't look at it from a purely statistical standpoint or else you can't bunch any conference teams together. Each team would have to stand on its own. But you get my point... you're just being disagreeable. The more teams from a conference the higher the probability that more advance - especially when the seeding is so favorable.

I'm not in any form disagreeing with you the SEC was down this year... just funny how percentages show that of the teams from each conference Big East actually falls behind SEC. It'd be fair to say the Big Ten is stronger that the Big East this year...
    Last edited by Vol_Bengal; 03-19-12 at 01:42 PM.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

the officials in the majority of the Big East games Ive watched so far in the tourney have been officiating a big east style of game. That is, no whistles and let these guys beat the shit out of each other....huge advantage big east team obviously. The worst was last night in the cincy/fla st. game. Atrocious officiating in that game last night

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    I know Cuse, that was the darkest moment for me as a Bearcat fan.
    I seriously cried that day... I've cried twice becaue of sports. When Kenyon got hurt and when the Reds lost the one-game playoff to Al Leiter and the Mets.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by Vol_Bengal View Post
    And... 25% of 4 is 1... so with 2 still in it the SEC is still strong. However, you can't look at it from a purely statistical standpoint or else you can't bunch any conference teams together. Each team would have to stand on its own. But you get my point... you're just being disagreeable. The more teams from a conference the higher the probability that more advance - especially when the seeding is so favorable.

I'm not in any form disagreeing with you the SEC was down this year... just funny how percentages show that of the teams from each conference Big East actually falls behind SEC. It'd be fair to say the Big Ten is stronger that the Big East this year...
    When it comes to conferences it is so hard to win any arguments or convince alot of people. The conference teams play each other all year and when they play other big non-conference games it is usually just one and that is to small of a sample size to really tell. Honestly I think that most people would say that the Big 12, Big 10 and Big East were the best conferences this year. Who was the best? It's to hard to tell, I mean the Big East has 16 schools, which usually equates to there being more middle of the road teams than some other conferences. So on a night in night out basis I think the Big East might be the best, but as far which conference is the best based on the top of the conference and national rankings, probably the Big 10, I'm a little disapointed in how the big 12 has performed so far in the tourney.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Maybe we can have a
    Cinci VS Xavier rematch for the belt

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Big East is still overrated

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Completely agree about the officiating in the Cincy/FSU game. Awful. Yes they let the guys play, but come on, a foul is a foul. It was weird, because then they would call an absolutely clean block with no body contact a foul, then miss the easy calls with all the body contact. Also missed a couple traveling violations as well.

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Maybe we can have a
    Cinci VS Xavier rematch for the belt
    Get your boxing gloves out!

dogthebountyman
    dogthebountyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Ten seems to be outmuscling other teams even when not at it's best.
    They have a toughness swagger that will most likely crown one of their teams this year.
    Even Purdue was able to contain Kansas because of dealing with Sullinger in the reg season. Big Ten has a lot of different styles and the conference benefited from the heavy competition without getting worn out.
    Peaking big ten team is Wisconsin. Confidence and different players stepping up, defense going to make them a brutal out.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

West coast hoops worst its been in forever.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The conference structures are turning into a joke. In 2014 you are going to have Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UNC, Duke, Miami, NC state, and Florida state all in the ACC. The ACC as a basketball conference is going to dominate. I think these conference restructurings are pretty sleazy if you ask me, the ACC had a great history and now it is just going to be unrecognisable as a conference.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    The conference structures are turning into a joke. In 2014 you are going to have Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UNC, Duke, Miami, NC state, and Florida state all in the ACC. The ACC as a basketball conference is going to dominate. I think these conference restructurings are pretty sleazy if you ask me, the ACC had a great history and now it is just going to be unrecognisable as a conference.
    true, and it's all pretty much because the big east rejected espn's tv deal so espn decided to break them up

syracuse and pitt were threatened to never be on espn again if they didn't switch conferences, "sleazy" is the right word for that

milwaukee mike

when you have teams like boise st and san diego st (about as far west as you can get) in the big EAST for football and a different conference for basketball then things are really f'ed up

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I'd like to talk to some of these Big East owns Big 10 in basketball homers come football season.

There hasn't been a top 25 CALIBER team in the Big east in football in years.

milwaukee mike

big east was never about football

a lot of these teams like uconn were in 1-aa not too long ago

espn made the league big by televising it on weeknights, otherwise rutgers/cincinnati/south florida/etc would've never gotten any decent recruits

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I'd like to talk to some of these Big East owns Big 10 in basketball homers come football season.

There hasn't been a top 25 CALIBER team in the Big east in football in years.
    Louisville will be top 25 this year... and not too long ago we were in the top 10 every year...

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Pick Winners All Day Cincinnati 3 out of last 4 years finished in the top 25 and 8th overall 3 years ago, so has WV im pretty sure but why even bring this up were talking about Basketball

Yes we all know the Big Ten is more powerful in Football. I'd still rather watch the Big East in football simply cause the style of play that you have in the Big Ten.
    Last edited by Bcatswin; 03-20-12 at 01:07 PM.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisville +2500 for championship.....

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The thoughts on this site never cease to amaze me...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Thehusker View Post
    Louisville +2500 for championship.....
    Poster K13, got this @ +8000 right b4 BE tourney... Sharp as a blade...