jameellionaire
    jameellionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

USF/Ohio Officiating.

I don't usually complain about officiating, but geez, it's downright horrible in the USF/Ohio game. Single-handedly keeping Ohio in the game.

jameellionaire

(and yes, I am on USF, and yes, I'm biased. But still.)

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Agreed. Those two technical fouls were horrible (pulling the jersey and hanging on the rim). Both resulted in 5 point possessions.

I don't know the rule book, but if pulling a guys jersey lightly is a flagrant foul, that is just plain dumb. That should be no different than any other personal foul. No way should it be 2 shots plus possession.

As for the hanging on the rim call, I thought it was a bit excessive, but nothing that warranted a technical foul. His momentum made it so he had to swing back down I thought.

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Yeah both of those were atrocious. Ohio has scored 47 points, 10 thanks to those 2 plays.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Can't stand some of the NCAA rules. Refs just love to dictate outcomes of games. I give Ohio a lot of credit because they are hanging in there. But how is pulling a guys jersey lightly 2 foul shots plus the ball? You can hack a guy hard going for a lay up in mid air, but you can't tug a guys jersey when he is dribbling around the 3-pt arc?

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

The entire game changed after that tech on the dunk.

USF is doing themselves no favors by bricking all these free throws. They missed the front end twice, one of them an airball and the 90% foul shooter just bricked 2 himself. That's 6 points they just threw away.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Can't stand some of the NCAA rules. Refs just love to dictate outcomes of games. I give Ohio a lot of credit because they are hanging in there. But how is pulling a guys jersey lightly 2 foul shots plus the ball? You can hack a guy hard going for a lay up in mid air, but you can't tug a guys jersey when he is dribbling around the 3-pt arc?
    The hanging on the rim call is the worst. Too many times a guy is hanging so he doesn't come down on someone. Unless it is obvious that it is being done to taunt a player or as an over celebration they should just let it go

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

wow, total horseshit.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

i disagree, thought the officiating was fine, i had no major problem with it, and I had $750 on usf

SASH

this game was a mirror image of the vcu game yesterday. Team A is in total control for 34 minutes. Team A chokes down the stretch. Team B sneaks in and takes advantage of Team A's choke job. Team B wins

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I had Ohio and here is my two cents.

Technically the refs got right by the book, however, I don't think they should have been called.

Pretty week calls IMO. Just like the Notre Dame/Xavier game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    this game was a mirror image of the vcu game yesterday. Team A is in total control for 34 minutes. Team A chokes down the stretch. Team B sneaks in and takes advantage of Team A's choke job. Team B wins
    Lol. Whatever. USF was never up more than 3 in the final 10 minutes and their biggest lead of the game was 6.

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

The rim call is total bs when you have that much momentum going to the rim and flush it and are just supposed to let go thats a good way to snap your heels or fall back and crack your head so he fukking rang back and dropped big fukking deal way to change the game for such a dumbass call and yeah I had doe on usf

jameellionaire

I guess the better team won, but those were some marginal calls that really influenced the outcome, imho.

SASH

^^disagree Big D. Watching the game (and i had a nice sized bet of $750 on usf) I got the impression that usf was basically in control the entire game until the last 6 or 7 minutes when they started choking things away. I was never never in fear of losing my bet until this time span. In fact it was just the opposite, i was quite confident until the very end