Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't believe this bet might lose

Had New Mexico under 56. They had 46 points w/ 1:45 left in the game and now have 53

Frisco

Go figure... NM hits another pointless 3 to hit 56.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Pointless? I guess they werent trying to win the game, huh?

Frisco

[QUOTE=convick;14162161]Pointless? I guess they werent trying to win the game, huh?[/QUOTE

All of their points were meaningless. All they were doing was stretching the game out. When you are losing by 6 w/ less than 10 seconds your 3 pointer is pointless... get real

eyesickk
    eyesickk's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=Frisco;14162329]
    Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Pointless? I guess they werent trying to win the game, huh?[/QUOTE

All of their points were meaningless. All they were doing was stretching the game out. When you are losing by 6 w/ less than 10 seconds your 3 pointer is pointless... get real
    Hit a 3.
    Foul.
    They miss the freethrow.
    Hit another 3

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

[QUOTE=eyesickk;14162453]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post

Hit a 3.
    Foul.
    They miss the freethrow.
    Hit another 3

He said to get real, not post reality.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Or hit a 3 steal inbounds pass and hit another 3. Reggie miller did it once.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Or hit a 3 steal inbounds pass and hit another 3. Reggie miller did it once.
    Yea Reggie Miller did it once so it makes it possible lol. They needed 3 possessions to come back when they were scoring most of their points w/ less than a minute to play. Were hitting lucky tip ins and 3 balls when they only scored 10 points in the first 12 minutes of the 2H. Anyone can create a hypothetical scenario where they might sort of almost have a chance to maybe tie the game up. All of their points late in the game were meaningless but the bet pushed so could have been worse

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

it was just 55-53 and louisville had the ball with 30 seconds left. the game was close enough they weren't even fouling intentionally yet not sure how any of those points were meaningless. you make it sound like they were down 20 when all this happened.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    it was just 55-53 and louisville had the ball with 30 seconds left. the game was close enough they weren't even fouling intentionally yet not sure how any of those points were meaningless. you make it sound like they were down 20 when all this happened.
    The bet was a push. You care way more than i do and all i was saying is that all their points were doing was extending the game. The last 3 they hit was w/ like 4 seconds left when they were down 6. They had maybe a .001% chance of winning the game at that point.