eyesickk
    eyesickk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marquette -5.5??

I'm on it! Love it, anyone else??

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I like it as well. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but I like how Marquette matches up against Murray State.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Some info would be nice.
    I need a pick for the 1st 1/2 to get this day rollin.
    Already lost a small hedge bet on KST.
    I notice that the Eagles have played in three straight overs & the last went over 153.5 .
    Murray St. has played in 4 straight unders. I dont know what any of this means but I am guessing if this game's pace is controlled by St. then we might be looking at an under. If it is Marquette's style of game could be a huge over.
    Any thoughts? The Big East isn't doing great but they are surpassing my expectations.
    Is -5.5 really the best value here?

D3 Mighty Ducks

Although I do like the way Marquette matches up against Murray St, I see some legitimate value on Murray ML at +200. Murray State is definitely no fraud winning 30 games this year so they're more than capable of winning this game.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

It is a much lighter strength of schedule though.
    30 wins is impressive but, I doubt anyone would say that Murray would have done this in the Big East or any power conference for that matter.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    It is a much lighter strength of schedule though.
    30 wins is impressive but, I doubt anyone would say that Murray would have done this in the Big East or any power conference for that matter.
    Yeah I completely agree with you. Murray State's 30 win season isn't comparable to Kentucky's 30 win season. Two totally different strength of schedules that's for sure. But a win is a win. And if you manage to win put together a 30-1 record even in the Ohio Valley Conference then you must be doing something right.

All I'm trying to say is you cannot sleep on Murray State and there's some small value on the ML and at +5.5.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Yup they are consistent if anything. I cant pull the trigger in the M/L but I am slowly becoming convinced they are worth a play at +5.5.

Any thoughts on the defenses in this game, I think I'd feel much more comfortable cheering for an over or under rather than cheering against the Eages.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if I trust Marquette. Better teams have been dropping like flies so far. It was to be expected but still I cannot overlook it. If Marquette brings their "A" game I don't see how they don't cover. However if they play lackadaisical we could see another quality team take an early exit from the tourney. Marquette -5.5 or Murray St. ML

D3 Mighty Ducks

I can't see myself either taking an Ohio Valley team over a top notch Big East team like Marquette. But than again it is just one game and anything can happen. I'm not trying to knock Murray State by referring to them as a Ohio Valley team because I know they've been a consistent team all year. But like Mikail said, if Marquette plays their game and they're able to control the tempo and if Jae Crowder has himself another monster game, Murray State is going to have their hands full.

I would feel much more confident having Marquette -5.5 rather than Murray State + the points.