lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Kenpom lines for Friday

Someone asked for Kenpom's lines for Thursday and it seemed like there was general interest and I said I'd post these up for those that don't have access...

Duke -11 vs. Lehigh
    Notre Dame -1 vs. Xavier
    North Carolina -17 vs. Vermont
    Alabama -1 vs. Creighton
    Michigan State -25 vs. Long Island
    Memphis -2 vs. St. Louis
    Georgetown -2 vs. Belmont
    NC State -2 vs. San Diego St.
    Florida St. -4 vs. St. Bonaventure
    Texas -1 vs. Cincinnati
    Temple -2 vs. South Florida
    Michigan -6 vs. Ohio
    Missouri -23 vs. Norfolk St.
    Florida -1 vs. Virginia
    Kansas -17 vs. Detroit
    Purdue -3 vs. St. Mary's

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

So how do people use the Kenpom lines. I know I would need to do further research but initially do you follow or fade Kenpom if his numbers are different then the spread? Thanks for any insight on this.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by losemyloot View Post
    So how do people use the Kenpom lines. I know I would need to do further research but initially do you follow or fade Kenpom if his numbers are different then the spread? Thanks for any insight on this.
    I found they were worth following in December & early January, before the books adjust. Honestly haven't tracked this well enough to give you a straight answer to that question. I don't think I'd fade though...I still like to use them as a tool to indicate when a line is potentially off. Problem is, kenpom's numbers don't account for injuries, roster changes and other intangible factors so if Kenpom's spread on a game differs from the Vegas line by more than 3 points, there's probably a very good reason for it.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Thanks for posting. IN all honesty though, I wouldn't put too much weight in these KenPom lines. His statistical model doesn't come close to giving you the full picture of a teams strengths and weaknesses in a head-to-head match up.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Thanks for posting this!