ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2599

GEORGETOWN living in the PAST!

Usually get blown out in first round, not like the Hoyas under old man Thompson.
    BELMONT lost to DUKE by 1 in Durham, have 4 starters back from last year.
    Taking the BRUINS +4!

EZ

ezmoney

Wow, sharps pounding the line down to 3, was 4 a few hours ago.

EZ

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Hoyas coach John Thompson III has stressed to his players the importance of guarding the arc, but the Bruins are more than one-trick ponies.

"Obviously they have a terrific shooting team, but at the same time, if you get spaced out, if you start just chasing those shooters, their post players are very good and they're a very good passing team," Thompson said. "The open man always gets the ball.
    "Their transition offense is terrific. If they don't score in transition, they make you guard them. Protecting the 3 point line and stopping the shooters is important, but they're much more complex than that."

Thompson has also encouraged his players to focus on the here and now. There's nothing they can do to change what happened the past two years, so forget it.

It's a new tournament and a new start.

"We've experienced the whole gamut from a Final Four and Sweet 16 to a couple early exits," he said. "We're not hiding from it. So we've made that clear also that this group is 0 and 0. So let's go out and play."
    The Bruins intend to hang around longer than one game, but just in case, they gathered in the center court inside Nationwide Arena following practice to pose for a team photo.

On Friday, they want to create another lasting memory.

"Coach has talked all week about playing like you belong," Johnson said. "We know we can hang with these guys."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...getown-preview

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Only thing that tells me is that Belmont doesn't think it can win, posing for a team photo before 1st game. Oh and that the Hoyas aren't taking them lightly

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

thats right sheep flock to that belmont trap. makes my big gt bet feel that much better

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Nropp's review

Belmont/Georgetown

I’m playing Belmont, and see a ton of value. Georgetown’s defensive #’s are a bit false. Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re a good team, and a 3 seed is probably accurate. But, as it stands they’re currently the #1 ranked defense in terms of guarding the three-pointer. Impressive, right? Maybe to some, but the fact is, they have only played three games this year against a top 100 three-point shooting team. They played Memphis twice, they did win both games, but the neutral game went to OT. The only other team they would have played in that category is Seton Hall, whom they lost to by 18. So, while the defense is good, it’s a bit misleading.

They don’t pressure all that much, so nothing out of the ordinary for Belmont today. They’ll have chances to score, and if you haven’t been paying attention, they’re one of the best offenses in the country and they’re very experienced. I said it yesterday, but I’ll say it again, the Atlantic Sun was stacked this year (look no further than USC Upstate’s stomping of Kent State last night).

The big question here is do I think Belmont is ready to take down a big dog, and my answer is yes. They’re prepared as they went to Duke, Memphis, Marshall, MTSTU a couple times, they played a really good out of conference schedule. They haven’t lost a game since January (coincidentally came against USC Upstate who has only lost one game all year at home), so this team’s on a roll.

Ultimately, within the match-ups, the questions I asked myself were can Belmont match-up with Sims, a pivotal part of the Georgetown offense, and I answered yes, they have multiple players who can guard him and do it well. Do I have a concern? Yah, probably the fact that Belmont hasn’t had much experience playing slow. They were in this spot last year against Wisconsin and couldn’t compete in a 60 possession game losing by 14 (but Wisconsin made more three’s than two-pointers in that game). If Georgetown can do that against a more experienced offensive club than what came to the dance from last year, so be it...

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Nropp's review

Belmont/Georgetown

I’m playing Belmont, and see a ton of value. Georgetown’s defensive #’s are a bit false. Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re a good team, and a 3 seed is probably accurate. But, as it stands they’re currently the #1 ranked defense in terms of guarding the three-pointer. Impressive, right? Maybe to some, but the fact is, they have only played three games this year against a top 100 three-point shooting team. They played Memphis twice, they did win both games, but the neutral game went to OT. The only other team they would have played in that category is Seton Hall, whom they lost to by 18. So, while the defense is good, it’s a bit misleading.

They don’t pressure all that much, so nothing out of the ordinary for Belmont today. They’ll have chances to score, and if you haven’t been paying attention, they’re one of the best offenses in the country and they’re very experienced. I said it yesterday, but I’ll say it again, the Atlantic Sun was stacked this year (look no further than USC Upstate’s stomping of Kent State last night).

The big question here is do I think Belmont is ready to take down a big dog, and my answer is yes. They’re prepared as they went to Duke, Memphis, Marshall, MTSTU a couple times, they played a really good out of conference schedule. They haven’t lost a game since January (coincidentally came against USC Upstate who has only lost one game all year at home), so this team’s on a roll.

Ultimately, within the match-ups, the questions I asked myself were can Belmont match-up with Sims, a pivotal part of the Georgetown offense, and I answered yes, they have multiple players who can guard him and do it well. Do I have a concern? Yah, probably the fact that Belmont hasn’t had much experience playing slow. They were in this spot last year against Wisconsin and couldn’t compete in a 60 possession game losing by 14 (but Wisconsin made more three’s than two-pointers in that game). If Georgetown can do that against a more experienced offensive club than what came to the dance from last year, so be it...
    Very sharp post You got me sold. Going to sprinkle a bit on Belmont ML, Georgetown is a FRAUD

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Very sharp post You got me sold. Going to sprinkle a bit on Belmont ML, Georgetown is a FRAUD
    So this guy makes a very informed, well thought out post. And your addition to the conversation is that Georgetown is a fraud?

ezmoney

total went to 137, was 133 and 1/2. Another bad sign for GT, Belmont is a high scoring team.

EZ

ezmoney

Final, 74-59, GT. Belmont offense shut down, even the SHARPS lose once in awhile!
    On S FLA +3 for comeback.

EZ
    Last edited by ezmoney; 03-16-12 at 04:33 PM.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Sorry, but betting a trendy underdog just because the line seems strange is not "sharp".

Belmont was never in this game.