Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I just put 5k on Georgetown

$1700 on ML
    $3400 on -1.5

On Tilt + don't see how everyone loves Belmont. They have zero quality wins. Belmont last year played a team similar to Georgetown in the NCAA's and lost by 15. Georgetown is too long, and defends too well.
    Points Awarded:

PickCityz gave Illusivecone 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Want to agree, want to slam this play....something is holding me back.

Illusivecone

I just moved the ML at my book from -170 to -175, first time that has ever happened

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    Want to agree, want to slam this play....something is holding me back.
    Im not going to tell you to do it, last time that happened it didn't end well for either of us...

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    Im not going to tell you to do it, last time that happened it didn't end well for either of us...
    LOL. I've been eyeing this play since the lines came out. Belmont is a computer darling....think the computers are vastly overrating them. Best win and ONLY Top 100 win they have is against Marshall. Memphis took them behind the woodshed....only thing they have to hang their hats on is a December 1 point loss at Cameron.

Haven't faced legit competition in months. If Georgetown is at all inspired they should pull away and win fairly easily, IMO.

I'm so due to hit a tilt play it's ridiculous.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Good luck, wouldnt be me though.
    Points Awarded:

Illusivecone gave BernardMadoff 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Blood Drake
    Blood Drake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

This match up is a toss up for me. Belmont could go off and shoot how they normally do and win by 15, since Georgetown can't score and have a tendency to turn the ball over. Or Georgetown could keep it close by playing good defense and out rebounding Belmont. I think the first option is more likely, but I have been wrong quite a bit lately.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

get your sweatsuit ready

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Maybe so, but Belmont hasn't faced legitimate competition in 3 months.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Georgetown defends the perimeter very well, pretty much how you beat Belmont...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Similar offenses, risky. Alot of back cutting by Belmont, if GT's bigs get in any type of foul trouble this could spell doom. Cant just look at who they faced, look at the competition they did face and destroy, also Georgetown hasnt done much on the road, they petered out mostly during the middle to late parts of the season. Some good team's in Belmont's league also actually.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 03-16-12 at 01:11 AM.

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    get your sweatsuit ready
    I put it on before I made the play...

Blood Drake

Doesn't mean they can't play up to the competition....they just weren't on the schedule. Either way, I am staying away. Got Belmont in my bracket but neither team deserves my money. I giving that to Creighton and Michigan.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

not playing this game, good luck

Blood Drake

Question: Why place two wagers on this team when the line is only 1.5? Why not one bet and take the points? I use a local so I don't have a money line option but the extra risk doesn't make sense to me.

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Drake View Post
    Question: Why place two wagers on this team when the line is only 1.5? Why not one bet and take the points? I use a local so I don't have a money line option but the extra risk doesn't make sense to me.
    Limit is 1k for ML

Illusivecone

And I wasn't thinking clearly. Was planing on hitting ML for 8k but I forgot about limit.

Blood Drake

Money line payout limit is $1000? So you are betting $1700 to win a $1000, correct?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Also that Memphis score is deceiving.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Seems too ea$y

Illusivecone

Money line payout limit is $1000? So you are betting $1700 to win a $1000, correct?
    Yes

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    Seems too ea$y
    It won't be, I personally guarantee Belmony will lead within the last 10 mins of game.

Illusivecone

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I know, I put more stock into last yrs tourney game v Wisconsin

lite1up
    UTEP +18

How so? I watched that game, Memphis was in control throughout. Belmont made a 2nd half run but the outcome was never really in doubt.

Blood Drake

The more I look at this game the more I think the over is the play....that means I need to stop looking at this game. Discipline!!! Stop it!!! BOL to you.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

well...not really...led by 7 at the half and won by 16...from what i remember most of the second half was a double digit lead. memphis pretty much crushed them. georgetown should handle them but they are such a bad tourney team i don't mess with them. i hope the op wins his bet though. i honestly think he's on the right track here.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    well...not really...led by 7 at the half and won by 16...from what i remember most of the second half was a double digit lead. memphis pretty much crushed them. georgetown should handle them but they are such a bad tourney team i don't mess with them. i hope the op wins his bet though. i honestly think he's on the right track here.

This. Anyone who watched that Memphis/Belmont game remembers that Belmont was never in the game. believe the point spread was 3.5 in that one as well.

Don't see how anyone is backing Belmont with confidence here. Belmont recently lost to both USC Upstate and Lipscomb.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

I'll be backing Belmont +4 with confidence. If they hit 10 3's, and Georgetown stalls out on offense per usual, Belmont will win this game outright. But it's not one of my bigger plays of the day.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Belmont is a much better team than Gtown. Why would you wager that much on the sinking big east team???

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

How so? I watched that game, Memphis was in control throughout. Belmont made a 2nd half run but the outcome was never really in doubt.
    I remember Memphis being abnormally hot that game, Witherspoon hit a (probably)career high 22 that game, hasnt sniffed more than 15 since. Belmont did edge them in boards by 12, offensive boards by 10. Other than that game, theyve played the decent teams on the road really well, usually losing by 1-3points. They shoot the 3 well and although GT leads the nation in 3pt D, they do play in the Big East, not exactly a perimeter shooting juggernaut league, but quite the opposite, nobody in the Big East shoots 3's well.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I'm convinced enough to wager my 26 betpoints on it

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Belmont is the better team and wins...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

This. Anyone who watched that Memphis/Belmont game remembers that Belmont was never in the game. believe the point spread was 3.5 in that one as well.

Don't see how anyone is backing Belmont with confidence here. Belmont recently lost to both USC Upstate and Lipscomb.
    Upstate is a decent team, trust me, theyd beat some Big East teams I know that.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

I remember Memphis being abnormally hot that game, Witherspoon hit a (probably)career high 22 that game, hasnt sniffed more than 15 since. Belmont did edge them in boards by 12, offensive boards by 10. Other than that game, theyve played the decent teams on the road really well, usually losing by 1-3points. They shoot the 3 well and although GT leads the nation in 3pt D, they do play in the Big East, not exactly a perimeter shooting juggernaut league, but quite the opposite, nobody in the Big East shoots 3's well.
    so wesley was a little hot, yes, but all he did was take shots from barton or jackson or whoever else would have had a great day. despite the edge in boards they still got worked over by memphis. i know the argument here is not whether or not memphis should have beaten them easily, and the answer is they shouldn't have given the rebounding edge, but they still lost by 16. the bottom line is belmont got a lot of respect last year by being a 30 win team and got wiped out of the tournament despite being the darling of the pundits, and they are getting a lot of respect here also that they don't deserve.

bernie, i like you but you're a uab homer if i recall correctly. so technically you might have a bias against memphis. and we also should hate each other...

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

The more I look at this game the more I think the over is the play....that means I need to stop looking at this game. Discipline!!! Stop it!!! BOL to you.
    ding ding ding, I think the over looks wonderful.

12 Last