PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

West Coast Basketball is soooooooooo bad

I've never seen anything like it in my life. It is like kids in the west and kids in the east/midwest/south are playing a different game entirely.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Zero discipline. Think the mwc is overrated outside of sdsu

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Zero discipline. Think the mwc is overrated outside of sdsu
    Not sure if it is a lack of talent, coaching, or both... but it is pretty sad when you can say for certain that no team west of the Big 12 has a title shot at the beginning of the season and be 100% sure about that.

The only decent team out west is New Mexico IMO. UNLV peaked in January.

TPowell

Wasnt impressed with nm or lbsu today. UL should win barring a bad game. Sdsu is intriguing though. Think they lost focus late in the year and are the team that dominated the mwc early on

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Wasnt impressed with nm or lbsu today. UL should win barring a bad game. Sdsu is intriguing though. Think they lost focus late in the year and are the team that dominated the mwc early on
    How will they be any different than UNLV, who was equally mediocre down the stretch?

Hard to bank on a team suddenly rediscovering their swagger when it's been missing for a while (West Virginia, UConn, UNLV taught us that today).

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences;14
    How will they be any different than UNLV, who was equally mediocre down the stretch?

Hard to bank on a team suddenly rediscovering their swagger when it's been missing for a while (West Virginia, UConn, UNLV taught us that today).
    Yeah, was leaning nc state but gonna pass now

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You loved unlv though picknoseallday.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zags took WV to the woodshed. I like NM over Louisville. Obviously the East is way better. Still ,I would take the top three teams in the Big 12 or Big 10 over top 3 teams in Big East.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    You loved unlv though picknoseallday.
    My only bet with UNLV today was their 2nd half -6.. which they miraculously covered.

Whether I lose money or not is irrelevant to how bad west coast basketball is though. It is garbage. It is embarrassing that the MWC got 4 teams in the dance.

I realize that 3 of those teams HAD to be in the dance due to sheer numbers but it is just strange how it works out that way.

The Big 10 is probably by far the best conference and only winds up with 6? Hell... Minnesota and Northwestern are probably better than a lot of these teams we're seeing today, specifically Colorado State and Cal.

Committee trying to appease too many people. Put the best teams in the field. I'll take 7-11 in the Big 10 over 8-6 in the Mountain Fukkin West. Especially since Northwestern actually did something positive out of conference, unlike Colorado State.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Zags took WV to the woodshed. I like NM over Louisville. Obviously the East is way better. Still ,I would take the top three teams in the Big 12 or Big 10 over top 3 teams in Big East.
    Zags/New Mexico is all the west has left... hard to say whether Zaga is good or WVU was just that bad.

As for the Big 12, that isn't the west coast.

Also SDSU left, but I think NC State takes them out rather easily. Still debating on whether I will bet on NC State though... they are on my do not bet list.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Zags took WV to the woods
    hed. I like NM over Louisville. Obviously the East is way better. Still ,I would take the top three teams in the Big 12 or Big 10 over top 3 teams in Big East.
    Wv mentally didnt show up

Nick Papageorgio

Glad I talked you out of it pick. How quickly you forget about the buffs out of the PAC 12 pick. They are considered a west coast team these days and still alive.

PickWinnerAllDay

Glad I talked you out of it pick. How quickly you forget about the buffs out of the PAC 12 pick. They are considered a west coast team these days and still alive.
    Those losers are done before the next game starts. Almost blew the huge lead to Arizona despite Arizona playing like garbage. Almost blew the huge lead to UNLV despite UNLV playing like garbage.

I'm not sure if Baylor is capable of playing bad enough to lose to Colorado.

Nick Papageorgio

They may give their old conference foe a battle. Baylor didn't exactly look great. Are you claiming Dakota st is better than the buffs? Baylor nearly played bad enough to lose to them.
    Last edited by Nick Papageorgio; 03-16-12 at 01:32 AM.

PickWinnerAllDay

They may give their old conference foe a battle. Baylor didn't exactly look great. Are you claiming Dakota st is better than the buffs?
    Maybe. Colorado seems average talent wise and also poorly coached with low basketball IQ. Colorado didn't almost blow double digit leads twice in a row by accident. A better team would make them pay. At least SD State knows how to play... can't jump worth shit but hey.

PickWinnerAllDay

By the way, before you bash me for saying that South Dakota State is maybe better than Colorado...

Kenpom:

Colorado - 73
    South Dakota State - 58

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

They may give their old conference foe a battle. Baylor didn't exactly look great. Are you claiming Dakota st is better than the buffs? Baylor nearly played bad enough to lose to them.
    ha, it's debatable. unlv was so undisciplined and had no offense it was disgusting. a team like colorado that hangs its hat on defense and slowing the pace of the game almost gave it up to those idiots. dakota state looked pretty formidable against a pretty dumb yet way more athletic and capable team in baylor. if dakota state and colorado played ten times i'm not sure it wouldn't be 5-5.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    By the way, before you bash me for saying that South Dakota State is maybe better than Colorado...

Kenpom:

Colorado - 73
    South Dakota State - 58
    Think you misquoted bud

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post

Kenpom:

Colorado - 73
    South Dakota State - 58
    you won't get bashed regardless. some people have baylor going to the final fouor and beyond. dakota state is for real and we should all remember this next season.

PickWinnerAllDay

Think you misquoted bud
    On what? Those rankings are right I think.

Nick Papageorgio

Big fan of the buffs d at this point in time. If Baylor plays how they did today I'm seeing grind of a game perhaps a very close one similar to the Sd st clash we just saw. Huge wave of momentum these buffalos are on right now.

TPowell

Look again, baylor would have been a 25 point favorite if so.... **** you meant rankings wise gotcha

PickWinnerAllDay

Big fan of the buffs d at this point in time. If Baylor plays how they did today I'm seeing grind of a game perhaps a very close one similar to the Sd st clash we just saw. Huge wave of momentum these buffalos are on right now.
    Momentum is your next opponent.

Look at Colorado's schedule. They haven't played anyone with the talent of Baylor.

But I'm a big believer in Kenpom and kenpom has my shitty Illini ranked a good bit above Colorado... They also fail the eye test, especially in the last 10 minute of games. I just don't see them pulling off that kind of upset. Very curious to see a line...I hope it is -5 or so. Would probably pound the shit out of Baylor.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

New Mexico was clearly the play today. Had an average day at CBB...my buddy in Vegas is up 3 dimes.
    Easier to cap when you have the time and not a full time dad!

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

NCST -2 looks good

Florida -2.5 has a look

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to doubt Colorado. They got a thing or two going for them. Roberson is like Anthony Davis light. Low Basketball IQ? Now that would be Baylor.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

College Basketball in general has been of a very poor quality in recent times. Does not stop me betting on it though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You guys trying to pick this stuff??

Stick to the pros