No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Seriously man? Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said Louisville's defensive style lends itself well to hanging in games. If you watched them at all this year you'd know use a lot of ball pressure and of course they full-court press all game.
    How would that style keep them in games against a superior athletic team though?

Louisville hung around because they're a scrappy, experienced group that plays well together and is greater than the sum of its parts -- not because they have a full-court press (which Kentucky constantly broke and dunked on). I think Kansas is in the same category as Louisville; if you're looking for reasons on paper that they'll stay in this game, they aren't necessarily there. Yet here they are -- still hanging around.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How would that style keep them in games against a superior athletic team though?

Louisville hung around because they're a scrappy, experienced group that plays well together and is greater than the sum of its parts -- not because they have a full-court press (which Kentucky constantly broke and dunked on). I think Kansas is in the same category as Louisville; if you're looking for reasons on paper that they'll stay in this game, they aren't necessarily there. Yet here they are -- still hanging around.
    Did you even watch the game? The only reason Louisville was in the game was because they made a run in the second half that was ignited by turnovers and a helter skelter pace to the game. A big reason for that is ball pressure.

And just because the full court press didn't exactly directly lead to turnovers doesn't mean it didn't have an effect. Why else would Pitino do it the ENTIRE GAME? It wears other teams down and helps get them out of their normal flow.

There is no comparison between Louisville and Kansas so I still don't see why you are trying to make one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Did you even watch the game? The only reason Louisville was in the game was because they made a run in the second half that was ignited by turnovers and a helter skelter pace to the game. A big reason for that is ball pressure.

And just because the full court press didn't exactly directly lead to turnovers doesn't mean it didn't have an effect. Why else would Pitino do it the ENTIRE GAME? It wears other teams down and helps get them out of their normal flow.

There is no comparison between Louisville and Kansas so I still don't see why you are trying to make one.
    I watched the game, yes, and I saw just as many run-out dunks by Kentucky as I did turnovers leading to points for Louisville. I didn't see Louisville having a big advantage from their on-ball pressure personally.

There is no comparison from a personnel standpoint between Louisville and Kansas, but there is absolutely a comparison from a team standpoint. They have veteran players who find ways to overachieve and play to their strengths.

Again, if you're looking for reasons why Kansas will cover, you run into many of the same dead-ends you would have from the Louisville game. Kansas has no pressure on it tonight; it's all on Calipari and the young kids who have been getting their dicks sucked over how great they are. They could absolutely deliver the goods and win by double digits, but I don't see enough of an angle to make that assumption with a wager. If the line were -3 or -4, I think it'd be worth considering. But when you're getting closer to 7, that's a lot of points to cover in a title game in my book.

t-wizzle

The fact of the matter is that Kansas is probably lucky to be here tonight. They deserve a ton of credit for coming back against Ohio State but that was also a bit of a yack job but the Buckeyes. The UNC game set up perfectly with no Marshall and the other games we all know how unimpressive KU looked.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Good luck t-wizz. I'm just going with my gut and taking Kansas +7 for 2U. I agree this isn't a game to go big on, but I'll always take the points in a spot like this.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Good luck t-wizz. I'm just going with my gut and taking Kansas +7 for 2U. I agree this isn't a game to go big on, but I'll always take the points in a spot like this.
    Good luck, I hope you hit because I want Kansas to win and I think I'm going to pass.

I've made money during the tourney and there's no reason to try and get greedy here. Just going to have some beers and enjoy the championship.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Good luck, I hope you hit because I want Kansas to win and I think I'm going to pass.

I've made money during the tourney and there's no reason to try and get greedy here. Just going to have some beers and enjoy the championship.
    I would also take the over, but you know my track record with totals.

I think Kentucky wins like 73-68ish.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

i played KU first half +4 & Under 64 first half.. all small 2U each

i'm expecting some misses early by UK due to there inexperience and they will be nervous. lots of pressure. KU has a good enough D and will want to slow the tempo down if they have a shot

lets see. g'luck either way guys

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas needs to slow this game down wow

t-wizzle

Successful tourney this year. Even though i would have won if i took kentucky i'm kind of glad i passed. It wouldn't have been worth the stress.

First 123