Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Lunardi has Wisconsin in the Final Four

reality ron
    reality ron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

Idiot pick- Montana +9 is a solid play.
    Wisky will have a scoring drought that always lets teams stay close.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    top ranked defense in the country....wouldnt shock me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    top ranked defense in the country....wouldnt shock me.
    They have the top-ranked defense because they hold the ball and can't score.

Did you watch the Michigan State game?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have the top-ranked defense because they hold the ball and can't score.

Did you watch the Michigan State game?
    its that ugly style of basketball that dominates this time of year - look at byu over iona last night, and s. florida over cal tonight. too bad i wasnt smart enough to pound both byu and s. florida. i actually had iona

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    its that ugly style of basketball that dominates this time of year - look at byu over iona last night, and s. florida over cal tonight. too bad i wasnt smart enough to pound both byu and s. florida. i actually had iona
    Yes and no. You still have to be at least adequate offensively -- something previous Badger teams have been. This one isn't, unless Taylor suddenly finds his jumper again.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Not going to happen.

They struggle to get out of the 40s. There is a reason all of the totals for their games are like 107.

I think Montana might beat them. Maybe I am crazy.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The problem with teams like Wisconsin, is that they don't score thus, they have very little margin for error.

RL75
    RL75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

I can't stand them but Wisconsin is quality if they're hitting shots (big if). But they did handle Indiana easily in the B10 tournament, won @ TOSU and nearly beat them at Kohl Center a few weeks before that. They hung with Marquette and Carolina in December.

Basically it comes down to Taylor if he's actually hitting shots they'll be tough to beat. If he throws up one of his patented 3/14 performances they'll be gone in a hurry. A run to the final 8 wouldn't be a huge shock, especially with the #1 seed being so vulnerable.

reality ron
    reality ron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

One of the big favorite Big 10 teams will lose in their first game- Michigan, Wisky or Indiana.
    Ohio U is my lean right now on the ML.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Wisconsin has a really iffy track record in the NCAA Tournament under Ryan.

Bo once said the Badgers "foul less" than other teams. Funny how once they get away from the Kohl Center and the manipulation of impressionable/shoddy Big Ten officiating, they become a lot less impressive.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Wisky does squat every year at the tourney. I don't see them beating Vandy if those two play.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by reality ron View Post
    One of the big favorite Big 10 teams will lose in their first game- Michigan, Wisky or Indiana.
    Ohio U is my lean right now on the ML.
    I have Ohio going to the sweet 16. Hey, at least I try...

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Love Montana +9.5

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I think they make it to sweet 16. That bracket is weak I don't see anyone else coming out of that region besides Ohio State

RL75

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Wisky does squat every year at the tourney. I don't see them beating Vandy if those two play.
    They make the sweet 16 just about every other year. Last year they got knocked out by Butler in s16. In 2008 they got knocked out by Davidson in s16, same team who nearly beat Kansas. He's something like 9-1/10-1 in the first round. Sure they've only made the final 8 once, but I'd be happy to have a team that is playing the 2nd week of the tournament that consistently.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

My problem with Wisky, is how many three pointers they take a game, and rely on that to score. Its ridiculous.

RL75

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    My problem with Wisky, is how many three pointers they take a game, and rely on that to score. Its ridiculous.
    Oh there's no doubt they're brutal to watch. But that can be said for a lot of these teams, either a 3 pointer or a layup.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

If you have half a brain, youll bet wisky futures. Smart man.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    You've been awfully cocky lately TP. What gives?

TPowell

Just saying, at over +900, you get a sweet 16 lock. Vandy will choke. After that, unc would maybe a 3 point fave? Kansas would probably 3.5? Scalp it if your not high on wisky

BigDofBA

I wish you would quit acting like you're god's gift to NCAA hoops capping.

1) You are like 22 and act like you have been doing this for years.

2) You are down on the year. You have started threads keeping records, you lose your ass, then you disappear for a while and start a new one.

3) Your game of the month was a favorite (Illinois). Not only did they not cover, they lost at home by 16.

4) Your game of the week was Tennessee. They were a favorite. Not only did they not cover, try lost straight up.

5). You cried saying you hit really unlucky when Gardener Webb didn't cover a 4 point spread. They lost by double sifts and were never covering in the second half!!!

Are you 21 or 22???

I laugh my ass off when your critique coaches that were going to the final four and winning championships when you still didn't have a drivers license.

Quit being so cocky and acting like your sharp when your plays of the week and month, which are favorites, lose straight up.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 03-15-12 at 12:23 AM.

Uncle Vito
    Uncle Vito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 927

Bo once said the Badgers "foul less" than other teams. Funny how once they get away from the Kohl Center and the manipulation of impressionable/shoddy Big Ten officiating, they become a lot less impressive.
    Yeah is that why Wisconsin has the 2nd best road record in the Big Ten(behind MSU) since Ryan arrived. But lets not get facts in the way.

As far as scoring defense, Wisconsin is very deliberate in their tempo, but they are top 10 in opponent fg% which is probably a little better indication of overall defense. Wisconsin also has a decent NCAA tourney resume like RL75 pointed out. If Ryan made it to 1 final four people would have a different perception.

As far as this team is concerned I don't see them getting past the sweet 16. They have no inside game and just jack up a ton of 3's(like someone else). They were a much more balanced team the last few years. If they are hot hitting their 3's like the beginning of the season, anything can happen.

TPowell

I havent posted records in years, i make those lock threads for fun, i have been doing this for 5 years. Ive admitted numerous times ive struggled this year but any old timers will back me up on my success in the past. A few games doesnt make me less knowledgable about the sport

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vito View Post
    Yeah is that why Wisconsin has the 2nd best road record in the Big Ten(behind MSU) since Ryan arrived. But lets not get facts in the way.

As far as scoring defense, Wisconsin is very deliberate in their tempo, but they are top 10 in opponent fg% which is probably a little better indication of overall defense. Wisconsin also has a decent NCAA tourney resume like RL75 pointed out. If Ryan made it to 1 final four people would have a different perception.

As far as this team is concerned I don't see them getting past the sweet 16. They have no inside game and just jack up a ton of 3's(like someone else). They were a much more balanced team the last few years. If they are hot hitting their 3's like the beginning of the season, anything can happen.
    I meant once they get into the NCAA Tournament and away from Big Ten officials, who fall for the flopping and acting.

Wisconsin has been past the Sweet 16 once under Ryan in 10 tries. They've only made the Round of 16 four times. Given the fact that he's had seven teams with 24 or more wins and two with 30 or more, I'm not sure I'd say that's "decent." Pretty suspect if you ask me, but that's just my take.

BigDofBA

I havent posted records in years, i make those lock threads for fun, i have been doing this for 5 years. Ive admitted numerous times ive struggled this year but any old timers will back me up on my success in the past. A few games doesnt make me less knowledgable about the sport
    Everyone does have those games. Thats why it's not a great idea to lable games locks.

At any rate, you do come off cocky regardless of how much you know or think you know.

I'm not posing these things because you have lost. I'm posting them because your coming off like you know more than everyone yet your results say otherwise.

That beig said, a lot of 22 year olds or whatever you are, are that way.

BigDofBA

If you have half a brain you'll take Montana.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Everyone does have those games.
    Thats why it's not a great idea to lable games locks.

At any rate, you do come off cocky regardless of how much you know or think you know.

I'm not posing these things because you have lost. I'm posting them because your coming off like you know more than everyone yet your results say otherwise.

That beig said, a lot of 22 year olds or whatever you are, are that way.
    So im a pro golfer and i shoot 80 for 5 straight rounds. Would you think im gonna break 80 in round 6? If not, i feel bad for you and you just dont understand. If so, i dont get why you cant understand a great capper having a bad run

Uncle Vito
    Uncle Vito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 927

I meant once they get into the NCAA Tournament and away from Big Ten officials, who fall for the flopping and acting.

Wisconsin has been past the Sweet 16 once under Ryan in 10 tries. They've only made the Round of 16 four times. Given the fact that he's had seven teams with 24 or more wins and two with 30 or more, I'm not sure I'd say that's "decent." Pretty suspect if you ask me, but that's just my take.
    He's 19th in winning % for active coaches. He failed to win to his seeding in the tournament twice.(ex. a 3-4 seed getting to the sweet 16 would've achieved their seeding) Not great, not bad, but decent. I consider an "iffy" track record to be someone like Rick Barnes or John Thomsen III.

BigDofBA

I'm glad you finally came out and proclaimed yourself a great capper instead of strongly hinting at it in every post.

LOL. So at the age of 22 you had a bad run which lasted the entire season.

Maybe you aren't a great capper and just got lucky when you were 21.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you actually win your next lock.

There is no need to continue this pissig contest.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vito View Post
    He's 19th in winning % for active coaches. He failed to win to his seeding in the tournament twice.(ex. a 3-4 seed getting to the sweet 16 would've achieved their seeding) Not great, not bad, but decent. I consider an "iffy" track record to be someone like Rick Barnes or John Thomsen III.
    No, they're just plain bad.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm glad you finally came out and
    proclaimed yourself a great capper instead of strongly hinting at it in every post.

LOL. So at the age of 22 you had a bad run which lasted the entire season.

Maybe you aren't a great capper and just got lucky when you were 21.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you actually win your next lock.

There is no need to continue this pissig contest.
    Actually i had a solid run up until around conference play and i was good at 16-20. Sorry, ignorance drives me crazy. I feel like i should clarify or explain to them

BigDofBA

Sorry. I didn't know you were awesome from age 16-20. I'll stop now that you have clarified that for me but I'm curious how one builds a big bankroll while still in high school and living at home with Mommy and Daddy. I thought most 16 year olds made 7.25 an hour.

As for Wisconsin, they can beat anyone in he country when they are hitting from downtown. That being said, I don't expect to see that very much in the tourney.

I think people have overrated Wisconsin all year. They're not going to be playing any of these games in Madison.

TPowell

pretty good opening performance. Hopefully Harvard sends the chokers home

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

pretty good opening performance. Hopefully Harvard sends the chokers home

12 Last