SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a Joke the Midwest region is

horrible region filled with shit teams, whoever shaped this region really dropped the ball

SASH

the guy from the committe just said mizzou was the 8th seeded overall team in the committees estimation. What a load of shit. Mizzou got shafted (in the west bracket)

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I agree midwest is garbage overall. Kansas will come out of that bracket

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Unc baby

SASH

^^exactly, extremely garbage region. As un-highly as i think of north carolina its a foregone conclusion that unc and kansas will meet to determine the winner of the midwest region, no doubt about it. You put north carolina in any other region and they get knocked out in the 2nd or 3rd round

jjesco425
    jjesco425's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

unc will have trouble with michigan..... fact is unc can score lights out best offense in country but there defense is so soft... any team that is above avg defense and above average offense gives them fitz

SASH

^^ unc will HOUSE michigan if they play (and i dont think much of unc's game)

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Midwest is definitely weak aside from the top 2

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

West bracket is loaded and Mid west is crap. Re-arrange the two.....put Louisville and Florida form the West into the mid west for Michigan and St. Mary's.

How is Temple a #5 seed....that's a joke.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Midwest is extremely weak...Everyone of those teams is overrated....Would have loved to fade G Town and Kansas in a stronger region. Still think Detroit has a fighting chance v Kansas.

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bunch of idiots knocking UNC defense. 2nd in the ACC in opponent field goal %, only FSU is better. Here's a fuckkin clue - when your average time to take a shot after a MADE shot by the other team is under ten seconds, both teams get more possessions, which translates into more points. Clueless fukks knocking UNC defense have watched like 3 UNC games all year, including today when the ACC defensive player of the year is held out to make sure he's ready for tournament we actually care about

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

they should have switched up some of the west side teams and the midwest teams. put georgetown at a 4 or 5 where they belong and throw them in the west replace them with Marquette. Put memphis in the midwest at a 5 seed where they should have been (instead of an 8 in a much tougher bracket) and then throw Temple or Michigan over in the west to replace them.

But basically that whole right side of the page is soft. Syr, Vandy, UNC, thats really about it. MAYBE Kansas but their stock dropped IMO late. Left side has more than a few teams capable of making a run. A half dozen legit teams at least. So way lopsided in the grand scheme.

Like I said in my thread they made more 'mistakes' this year than in years past, not only with seedings but the whole bracket in general.

baylor should have been on the right side of the sheet, also memphis as I said. Marquette as well but as it is theyre in just about the right spot for them, but if the 'right' seeds had been made they wouldnt be such a good fit where they are now. But flipping them with georgetown even as is would have been 'better'.

Burt Warner
    Burt Warner's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

better hope Georgetown doesn't get them. They'd slow them down and pound on them probably. Michigan would slow them down too more than likely

jjesco425

yeah opponents shoot at a low % against them but there 201 rank in opponents rebounds against allow them to shoot again and results in there 140 rank scoring defense but your right there great defense way to hit me with the 1 stat that favors them on defense

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

very bad region, no surprise the committee tries to rig a unc kansas elite 8 game with roy against his former team.

gmcarroll33
    gmcarroll33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

They tried the same thing in 2005, and KU choked in hilarious fashion to Bucknell. Hoping for the same this year. About time UNC was given a gift wrapped region.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

michigan, gtown both could be out in round 1...

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The joke is amateurs believing they are more knowledgeable about these teams than the individuals making up the brackets.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    michigan, gtown both could be out in round 1...

agree thats why this region sucks. dont see how any team can pose unc a thread til a potential kansas game. same with kansas, got detroit who i think is a beast for a 15 seed, but then purdue or st marys, teams they should handle if they dont choke again.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

was really hoping detriot was gonna be in dukes bracket

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    The joke is amateurs believing they are more knowledgeable about these teams than the individuals making up the brackets.
    have you even looked at the bracket? op is pretty much on the money here

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    based on the lines they are more knowledgeable.

tarheelfan72

Quote Originally Posted by jjesco425 View Post
    yeah opponents shoot at a low % against them but there 201 rank in opponents rebounds against allow them to shoot again and results in there 140 rank scoring defense but your right there great defense way to hit me with the 1 stat that favors them on defense
    Hey dipshit. You're bringing up stats affected by possessions, I'm bringing up ones that are not. We run. We shoot fast. And since you are apparently too goddamn stupid to figure it out, when one team run, both teams get more possessions. And when both teams get more possessions, both teams get more points and more rebounds. So, maybe you should look at rebound margin instead of total rebounds you idiot. Here's the link for your dumb ass - we're #1 in the country in rebound margin: http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda...Rebound-Margin

So keep capping with those idiot stats you broke fukk. And bet your whole bankroll on some Big Ten team running a Princeton offense that eats up the whole shot clock, because they only give up 55 points a game. P.S. imbecile - we're second in scoring margin, but don't let that keeping you from fading us, because we give up 70+ a game and the team you're betting only gives up 60.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelfan72 View Post
    Hey dipshit. You're bringing up stats affected by possessions, I'm bringing up ones that are not. We run. We shoot fast. And since you are apparently too goddamn stupid to figure it out, when one team run, both teams get more possessions. And when both teams get more possessions, both teams get more points and more rebounds. So, maybe you should look at rebound margin instead of total rebounds you idiot. Here's the link for your dumb ass - we're #1 in the country in rebound margin: http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda...Rebound-Margin

So keep capping with those idiot stats you broke fukk. And bet your whole bankroll on some Big Ten team running a Princeton offense that eats up the whole shot clock, because they only give up 55 points a game. P.S. imbecile - we're second in scoring margin, but don't let that keeping you from fading us, because we give up 70+ a game and the team you're betting only gives up 60.
    are you that roy guy who was in a sling on the sidelines in a suit earlier in the year?

tarheelfan72

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    are you that roy guy who was in a sling on the sidelines in a suit earlier in the year?
    That was last year. Just find it comical that some idiot on a sports betting board is trying to measure a running team's defense and rebounding by points against and rebounds against. I guess he thinks Wisconsin must be great at boxing out, their opponents get like half as many rebounds as UNC's. Oh wait, that's because Wisconsin bleeds the whole clock, shoots a 3, gets a long rebound and bleeds the clock again. Wash. rinse. repeat.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Worst post of the night.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

That was last year. Just find it comical that some idiot on a sports betting board is trying to measure a running team's defense and rebounding by points against and rebounds against. I guess he thinks Wisconsin must be great at boxing out, their opponents get like half as many rebounds as UNC's. Oh wait, that's because Wisconsin bleeds the whole clock, shoots a 3, gets a long rebound and bleeds the clock again. Wash. rinse. repeat.
    not as comical as a homer fan saying we relentless like hes harrison barnes life partner.

tarheelfan72

Homer fan I am. But the stats I linked don't lie. I could give a shit if we give up more rebounds than anyone in the country. We still average twelve more per game than whoever we are playing, and that's the only thing anyone should be looking at. And some broke dick idiot spewing out misleading stats needs to be called on it, because this board is chock full of total idiots who might think points per game allowed actually means something in isolation.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

honestly unc is playing well right now, matters more then any stat IMO. u could say they r peaking, if henson is hurt more then they let on they r probably in trouble i think, not til at least the elite 8 tho.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

tarheel fan losing it . Not sure why, they have a cakewalk to elite 8.

tarheelfan72

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    honestly unc is playing well right now, matters more then any stat IMO. u could say they r peaking, if henson is hurt more then they let on they r probably in trouble i think, not til at least the elite 8 tho.
    You are right, it all comes down to who is clicking this time of year. UNC has as good a shot as anyone. They have the most talent other than KY.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

if unc was limping in id still say they make the elite 8 for sure, gona be embarrassing if they dont IMO.

jjesco425

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda...s/team-Defense

ok we will use your source hmmm it seems your right they do have a good defense..... and really cant you have an adult conversation nobody spewed insults at you grow up and make your argument like a man..

tarheelfan72

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    tarheel fan losing it . Not sure why, they have a cakewalk to elite 8.
    You're right I am getting a little bent out of shape. I just get so PISSED when someone says "UNC has no defense, they give up more points than anyone in the country...." Yeah no shit, the other team gets to shoot 40 more times against us than they do against any other team too. I mean why bring that shit up on a sports betting board without bringing up points per possession, shooting percentage and scoring margin.

12 Last