Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Ionnnaaaa!!!!

Wow, there are going to be several teams and media outlets complaining about this one.

Iona = no wins vs RPI top 50. Nice.

I know my Washington Huskies didn't have a top 50 win, but at least we won a major conference regular season championship.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

if drexel doesnt get it there is going to be a lot of pissed people

Speedy88

Not to sound like a homer but.....

If IONA makes it and Washington doesn't that makes no sense. I don't think Washington deserves to dance, but if IONA is dancing, then Washington should too.

Both are regular season champions, but at least UW is the champion of a major power conference. Neither have top 50 wins. Both lost early in their conference tounaments. How can you let IONA in ahead of UW.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

seton hall should have got in before iona

Speedy88

If you are going to take a regular season champion, might as well go with the team who won the Pac-12, not the MAAC champion.

But I do agree, Seton Hall and Drexel got screwed. But if you are going by the criteria of taking a regular season champion, go with the power conference team.

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    If you are going to take a regular season champion, might as well go with the team who won the Pac-12, not the MAAC champion.

But I do agree, Seton Hall and Drexel got screwed. But if you are going by the criteria of taking a regular season champion, go with the power conference team.
    The committee didn't take Iona because they were regular season champions. It was the overall body of work. Yes both teams did not have a top 50 win but that's not the only criteria they look for. Just because the Pac-12 is a major conference doesn't mean they deserve a bid. Its a terrible conference this year and IMO if Iona was in the Pac-12 THEY would be the regular season champions, not U Dub.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

maybe if washington could have beat that powerhouse oregon st they would have been in.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Pac12 is not a power conference.

Something that will never happen again...
    -Mountain West
    -West Coast Conference
    -Metro Athletic
    -Conference USA
    All sent eqaul to or more teams than the PAC12

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ote-final-spot

interesting, u thug not even in a vote for the last 6 that would have taken place.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

Another problem in bracketing was having to accommodate BYU in a Thursday-Saturday regional if the Cougars win the first round game in Dayton against Iona. BYU's policy against playing athletic events on Sundays forced the Cougars and Iona to No. 14 seeds -- the lowest at-large seed ever in the NCAA tournament, Worlock said.

Learn someting new everyday.
    BYU should be happy they have a full roster of celibate, unsuspended players.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

thats ******* awful IONA got in and DREXEL didn't lmao I would be whipping shit against walls if I was Drexel

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Since, apparently, the main debate for not letting Iona in is that they have 0 Top 50 RPI wins then shouldn't a key reason they made it be that they're 40th in the RPI?

Drexel was 71st. Washington was 69th.

The only RPI Top 50 team to not make the tournament was Oral Roberts. The worst RPI for an at-large selection was Virginia at 53rd.

Also, the Pac-12 is not a power conference. Has not been for the past few years.

Do I believe that Washington should have been in the tournament? Maybe. However, don't go and lose to two RPI 130 teams in your final two games and then you don't have to worry about it. Look at the bright side though, any regular season conference champion gets an automatic bid into the NIT.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I don't know anything about Iona but a good friend said their pg is going to be a solid player in NBA.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    thats ******* awful IONA got in and DREXEL didn't lmao I would be whipping shit against walls if I was Drexel
    drexel had a terrible non conference SOS and lost to norfolk st. end of story. no team had a beef for not getting in, some teams who got in suck IMO and everyone who didnt make it sucks.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

I think there should actually be more of a debate of BYU getting in! it should be Iona vs Drexel

BYU did absolutely nothing to get a bid. they got in by name alone

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

at the end of the day, they all suck.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

The good thing about Iona is they play BYU and the total is only 162 right now.. Could very well end up at 180+

jbess
    jbess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

113195726-1 3/13/12 1:59pm $1,412.98 $1,624.93 Pending 3/13/12 9:00pm College Basketball 549 Iona +115* vs BYU

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

Look out for Iona to go into the tank tonight. They thought they were a "lock" going to the big dance and now they are on the bubble playing BYU. I don't think they were expecting the the "play in" game.

I like BYU

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by angelodebo View Post
    Look out for Iona to go into the tank tonight. They thought they were a "lock" going to the big dance and now they are on the bubble playing BYU. I don't think they were expecting the the "play in" game.

I like BYU
    are you crazy? after they lost in the semi's of the MAAC tourney they thought they had absolutely no chance at the dance. they are probably stoked out of their minds.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    are you crazy? after they lost in the semi's of the MAAC tourney they thought they had absolutely no chance at the dance. they are probably stoked out of their minds.
    angelo is a pretty sharp cat...remember him posting a year or two ago...guys usually knows his stuff

but i agree zoo...hes off in that respect...iona was of the belief they had to win that tourney to get in...and must have been so down after they lost....its a miracle they have a shot....they should be as "up" for a game as theyve ever been
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jbess

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

This bout will go under 160 IMO. No way either team scores 80 pts. especially BYU. I would expect tight D by the Cougs. Iona has horrible D, they may score alot of points but when you r giving up 86 to a team like Canisius, that's brutal! Besides who is the best team Iona played this year, Denver? Marshall (who pounded them by nearly 20)? St. Joes? BYU beat the Zags, the Ducks, lost to Baylor by 3, beat Weber St. by almost 30 who in my opinion is as gd as Iona. BYU -2 and the UNDER.