No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Which non-No. 1 seeds are built for a FF run?

Assuming Kentucky, Syracuse, North Carolina and either Michigan State or Kansas get No. 1 seeds, what other teams do you see making a run?

Despite their early Big East exit, I still like Marquette. And they're not really a "darkhorse," but Mizzou has the guard play. If Florida State gets a favorable draw, I wouldn't want to play them. Ohio State will be a strong No. 2. Vanderbilt and Baylor have a lot of the traditional components, but I'm not sure their coaching is up to snuff.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Eliminate Baylor. Their coach sucks. Someone will knock them out. I don't trust Mizzou either for some reason. They are talented but I feel like their style isn't really a good tournament style if you know what I mean. I don't really have faith in them getting there.

Florida State and Marquette are good dark horses. They both play great defense, have really good coaches, and are tough as nails. I was going to mention them before I entered this thread.

Feel free to totally rip these apart but I think this teams could surprise in the tourney. Florida, New Mexico, and Georgetown.

I feel like Florida could do some damage if they get hot and they have a good coach. I also like Georgetown's style for touney play but I could also see them fizzling out early.

Teams like LBSU and Murray will be dangerous. I still don't think people respect Murray State but if they are hitting shots they will be a tough out.

Honestly, I feel like a number of teams could win it. Of the top seeds, I really like Kentucky and Michigan State but I don't trust Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, or North Carolina.

North Carolina has the talent but they play stupid. They'll lose to someone they shouldn't.

I'll probably pick Kentucky to win it all and have Michigan State in my final four.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

murray state not getting any love

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Eliminate Baylor. Their coach sucks. Someone will knock them out. I don't trust Mizzou either for some reason. They are talented but I feel like their style isn't really a good tournament style if you know what I mean. I don't really have faith in them getting there.

Florida State and Marquette are good dark horses. They both play great defense, have really good coaches, and are tough as nails. I was going to mention them before I entered this thread.

Feel free to totally rip these apart but I think this teams could surprise in the tourney. Florida, New Mexico, and Georgetown.

I feel like Florida could do some damage if they get hot and they have a good coach. I also like Georgetown's style for touney play but I could also see them fizzling out early.

Teams like LBSU and Murray will be dangerous. I still don't think people respect Murray State but if they are hitting shots they will be a tough out.

Honestly, I feel like a number of teams could win it. Of the top seeds, I really like Kentucky and Michigan State but I don't trust Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, or North Carolina.

North Carolina has the talent but they play stupid. They'll lose to someone they shouldn't.

I'll probably pick Kentucky to win it all and have Michigan State in my final four.
    I can't disagree with any of this BigD. Not sure if Murray State, LBSU or even VCU can actually make a serious run, but I definitely wouldn't want to see them opposite my team in a bracket.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I can't disagree with any of this BigD. Not sure if Murray State, LBSU or even VCU can actually make a serious run, but I definitely wouldn't want to see them opposite my team in a bracket.
    Yeah, I don't think Murray State is a final four team but I could seem them making the elite 8.

Duke and Kansas are frauds. I'm a Big 12 homer and I don't think Baylor will get far either. I could see KU and Baylor losing in the sweet 16 and Mizzou losing in the elite 8.

I think you nailed some sleepers with Florida State and Marquette. They are teams that fit their MO that seem to make it every year.

I really hope Drexel and Iona get in over teams like Seton Hall and Washington but I doubt it happens.

A lot of this will depend on how the bracket sets up. Sports are about match ups, not who is ranked higher.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Murray State is a final four team but I could seem them making the elite 8.

Duke and Kansas are frauds. I'm a Big 12 homer and I don't think Baylor will get far either. I could see KU and Baylor losing in the sweet 16 and Mizzou losing in the elite 8.

I think you nailed some sleepers with Florida State and Marquette. They are teams that fit their MO that seem to make it every year.

I really hope Drexel and Iona get in over teams like Seton Hall and Washington but I doubt it happens.

A lot of this will depend on how the bracket sets up. Sports are about match ups, not who is ranked higher.
    Agree. And I also agree on the mid-majors vs. shitty BCS teams -- especially from the Pac-12, which really doesn't deserve a single bit outside of their automatic.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Ohio State is undervalued right now. They'll be a 2 seed but can't see any reason why they couldn't make a very deep run.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Ohio State is undervalued right now. They'll be a 2 seed but can't see any reason why they couldn't make a very deep run.
    Completely agree. They have finally put it all together the last 5 or so games

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Agree. And I also agree on the mid-majors vs. shitty BCS teams -- especially from the Pac-12, which really doesn't deserve a single bit outside of their automatic.
    I kept hearing from people about how good Cal was yesterday when I took Colorado. Cal is NIT caliber. They are 0-3 against the RPI top 50 and lost to Mizzou by 40. They racked up a bunch of wins against shitty competition. They're no different than Nevada except Nevada probably has a better resume.

Cal got blown out by both decent teams they played OOC (UNLV and Mizzou).

Washington is not better than Drexel. They record is inflated because of the shitty league they play in just like Cal.

If you put Cal or Washington in any Non-BCS conference, commentators would be saying they needed to win their conference tourney to get in.

I would take the Horizon, MVC, MWC, ect. over the Pac-12.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Yes Ohio State has a great shot. Finally healthy and clicking like early season. wouldnt be surprised if they make a run