baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will the WASHINGTON (Obama) HUSKIES still be in the tournament??????

Lunardi still has them in.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

yes for sure

pac 12 reg season champ

washington huskies (obama) are in for sure

baskets

oh no......

Lunardi says they're out

all b/c a gangbanger couldn't make a fukking free throw

0/4. what a clown

Cal in and Colorado in .... even though Washington won the regular season... just sad

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Yeah it doesn't seem right at all. Lunardi is basing it on Cal winning against them in regular season. Who knows maybe all 3 will be in? Lunardi isnt always right?

baskets

Lunardi used to get 62 or 63 .... of 64 teams

I mean, come on, Wash was the best team in the Pac 10. They demonstrated over the course of a season they were better. They demonstrated over the course of one tourney game that they could one bad game...

So Cal plays worse than Wash all year.... and then b/c they won 1 game in the P12 tourney... they get in?

screw all the other data. not much big difference

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Im with ya, maybe they will be in one of those play in games ( 4teams) since the tourney is now 68. I think they should get the nod before Miss.St. or Texas. As long as there arent anymore upsets it should be interesting.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

As of now, Lunardi has them in his "FIRST FOUR OUT."

Honestly, two days ago I thought they had a real solid shot of making it, but too many at large births are disappearing due to upsets in the conference tournaments.

It will come down to whether or not the selection committee honors and values the importance of winning your conference regular season title.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know PAC-12 is considered a shit conference by a lot of folks, but if you win the regular season in a large conference with some pretty solid teams and DON'T make the NCAAs ... the system is fukked beyond repair. If they don't make it, then I don't understand why any team would worry about winning their conference regular season title ever again.

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I know PAC-12 is considered a shit conference by a lot of folks, but if you win the regular season in a large conference with some pretty solid teams and DON'T make the NCAAs ... the system is fukked beyond repair. If they don't make it, then I don't understand why any team would worry about winning their conference regular season title ever again.

I have to agree here.

You're telling me winner of one of the top 7 conferences in the nation cannot play in the dance.... while you're going to let Podunkville St. in?

The real problem is this:

Recently all you had to do was say "das raciss" and you could get whatever you want. Unfortunately, Romar can't say that to get the bid. A couple years ago it would've been a lock... Unfortunately, the OJ free-stuff window is closing on just claiming "das raciss" to get whatever you want.

A little upset about that. Hell, 15 years ago you could decapitate 2 white people a la OJ and you won't go to jail b/c of "das raciss" .... it was that strong. Free stuff all around. Now you can't even use "das raciss" to get into a friggin tourney????

Fukking rigged. Need my guy Al Sharpton or Jesse on this one

EaglesPhan36

Dude your character on SBR is so fukked in the head.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: snoopaloop31

baskets

Eagles, my buddy, I will pass you in posts in 3 wks. Are we on for a race to 40k posts?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

if washington doesnt make it ... whats the point in the regular season?

its the same shyt as the small conferences... a team like iona was the best team in the conference all year... loses one game in a tourney, and they wont make it..

the only reason for the conference tournaments are more money and thats it...

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    Eagles, my buddy, I will pass you in posts in 3 wks. Are we on for a race to 40k posts?
    Based on your power posting, I would say 2 weeks.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Recently all you had to do was say "das raciss" and you could get whatever you want. Unfortunately, Romar can't say that to get the bid. A couple years ago it would've been a lock... Unfortunately, the OJ free-stuff window is closing on just claiming "das raciss" to get whatever you want.

A little upset about that. Hell, 15 years ago you could decapitate 2 white people a la OJ and you won't go to jail b/c of "das raciss" .... it was that strong. Free stuff all around. Now you can't even use "das raciss" to get into a friggin tourney????

The real problem is SBR lets cowards such as yourself spread this garbarge on a daily basis.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

i do still think theyll put the huskies (obama) in

you can still get some stuff saying "das raciss" even if it's less than it once was, so i think washington (obama) has done enough to get in if they also get whatever they can by saying "das raciss"

i think theyll get in

baskets

Trident, you calling Sharpton a coward?

Sharpton is my guy and he knows his industry and his shit. Don't go crying and hating on my guy Sharpton, you cracker.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not a chance in hell UW gets in now. Arizona has a better shot than UW.

UW's regular season championship isn't an auto-bid, and their resume is really, really, really, bad.

baskets

Chalky, I just can't see this team playing in the NIT....

Man, they got the talent to be in the Sweet 16... and could've made it to the Elite 8. What a shame.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

UW is garbage. Romar can't coach. He consistently underachieves, look up the last time they went to the elite 8 in their history.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kind of Crazy how if your conference doesn't show well the first few weeks of the season, you have no chance of gaining credibility once regular season starts...Not saying this is an injustice or anything...But for all we know, a lot of these pac 10 teams could have improved greatly over the year.

baskets

Romar is a terrible coach, tbh. But he loads up on athletes and all the bros want to play for him... so he wins.

If ever Romar and Izzo face off in the NCAA tourney, then BET YOUR LIFE on Izzo... whatever the number

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

No they should not be in! They choked in the first round of the PAC 12 tourney. No quality road wins. They have been awful at time. Their last performance should have them bounced from the field. Say hello to my little friend "NIT"...

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pac 10/12 has been known to pull of an upset from time to time as far as bubble teams. A few years ago, AZ was let in out of left field.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I have to agree here.

You're telling me winner of one of the top 7 conferences in the nation cannot play in the dance.... while you're going to let Podunkville St. in?

Please don't pull out the race card term! Totally unnecessary and uncalled for. We are all equal and no one is playing favorites here. Believe me I am a Huskies fan and wanted them in the dance only if they deserved to be in. They choked choked away way too many games that they should of won. 1st round exit of their tourney eliminates them!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Their best win is what, Oregon?

Winning the regular season conference title means nothing. So they beat up on the likes of SC, Utah, and ASU. Congrats.

Cal has a stronger case, and the league doesn't deserve more than 2 bids.

Out.

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

we shall c.......clock is ticking

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Washington shouldn't be in because they haven't beaten anybody and pissed down their leg in the conference tourney.

Should Nevada get in? The were regular season champs of their league?

If you say no, I would like to remind you that Nevada beat Washington. There are a lot of so called "mid-major" conferences that are better than the Pac-12. The MWC has San Diego State, UNLV, and New Mexico. They would clean house in the Pathetic 12.

baskets

you are right. I just went over the history... no way they are in unless Obama makes a call on behalf of Romar.

Dawgs are fukking toast.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

NCAA Tournament - to make the field of 68 teams

Sun 3/11 2903 Washington makes field of 68 +200
    1:00PM 2904 Washington NIT bound -280

baskets

damn.... nail in the coffin right there

thx k13

going to bet that right now. I don't know why there's even odds on that... no way they are in

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Lunardi used to get 62 or 63 .... of 64 teams
    you do realize that out of the 68 spots in the tourney that there are only gonna be about 4 or 5 spots up in the air? that guys a joke

snoopaloop31
    snoopaloop31's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats with the idiotic "Obama" nonsense?

baskets

ESPN bracket guru Joe Lunardi projects Washington is the first team outside the tournament. CBSsports.com college basketball analyst Jerry Palm predicts Pac-12 tournament winner Colorado (23-11) and California (24-9) will represent the conference in the NCAAs.
    At issue is how much credit will the selection committee give Washington for winning the conference title and how much it will punish the Huskies for an unimpressive nonconference performance.
    One way or another, the Huskies will make history Sunday.
    No BCS conference winner has been excluded from the tournament in the modern era while no team with an RPI of 69 or higher has ever received an at-large berth.
    In 1944, Washington was the last regular-season major-conference champion to not make it to the dance.

baskets

On Selection Sunday, the committee will distribute 31 automatic bids. Thirty are given to conference-tournament champions while the remaining bid goes to the Ivy League regular-season champion.
    The remaining 37 slots are filled by teams receiving at-large berths.

baskets

Romar:

"The only part that may be in our favor is if they look and say there are not 68 teams out there that are better than this team."

12 Last