TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Figuring Out A Neutral Site Line

Just a quick question. For Example we'll use the Florida State VS Duke Game. If this game was played at Duke what would the line be? Like what do you typically subtract from the line if it's played at a neutral site? The line is Duke -2.5 currently. Would the line be like Duke -5 if they were home? Just wondering what the formula is? Thanks!

WILLIE
    Anyone want to smoke with Willie again?
    WILLIE's Avatar Become A Pro!

In NBA home court is 4 to 5 (most of times). In NCAABB I'm not sure but would guess it would be the same. It's the same 2 to 4 points( I know everyone says 3) home field in football, college or pros.

BrUno0
    BrUno0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Home court = 4 points

If Duke is -5 at home it means Duke is 1 point better than FLST. At a neutral site Duke would be -1. At FLST Duke would be +3, because FLST would lay 4, but since duke is 1 point better subtract 4 by 1 = duke +3
    Last edited by BrUno0; 03-21-12 at 06:07 AM.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIE View Post
    In NBA home court is 4 to 5 (most of times). In NCAABB I'm not sure but would guess it would be the same. It's the same 2 to 4 points( I know everyone says 3) home field in football, college or pros.

Willie!!

Have you ever heard that Toby Keith song, "I'll never smoke weed with Willie again?"

Last edited by balls2wall; 03-21-12 at 09:57 AM.

WILLIE
    Anyone want to smoke with Willie again?
    WILLIE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post

Willie!!

Have you ever heard that Toby Keith song, "I'll never smoke weed with Willie again?"

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    <BR><BR>&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;

In my defense your honour, "It's not for the weak of heart or mind!!"