MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I see some who haven't learned their lesson with parlays and teasers yet...

long shot parlays (even 3 teamers are longer shots than you think)

parlays and teasers are the bookies best friends

not much value at ALL in teasers above 2 and 3 team 4pt teasers

2 teamers at MOST would be reasonable...anything higher I would HIGHLY recommend against..

I used to do parlays and teasers a lot and could never get my bankroll up...I stopped and what do you know...my BR keeps climbing...slow and steady wins the race..if you keep pissing it away with parlays and teasers you'll never make a profit in the long run....

straight bets all the way...and mainly flat betting as well unless I see a play that I have an insanely strong feeling/lean/edge on (the UNC game this past weekend)...in which I went HUGE
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave MJT1212 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Agreed. Teasers are sucker bets. I love them in NFL, but not much value in them in the NBA.

I have started parlaying ML's of 2 or 3 teams and have been doing pretty well with them. I'm not the type to parlay underdog ML's, but I'll take a couple of ML's that pay no less than -120.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

2-team teasers have been very good to me in college hoops. I only do teasers in college hoops.

I agree with not playing anything more than 2 in a teaser (totals or spread)

anything beyond 2 is silly I agree

and I very rarely parlay anything. Maybe once out of 50-60 bets, and they're only 2 teamers (3 if I feel spiffy that day, lol)

startwinningtoda
    startwinningtoda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 768

not saying everyone should

i enjoy putting parlays together, and have had quite a bit of success, especially in baseball...
    sometimes it just seems like they are there, and the risk reward factor satisfies whatever crazy feeling
    i need to "feel" that i've won...i agree a recreational bettor or someone wanting to supplement their income
    with an extra few hundred bucks who try and do exclusively parlays will end up on the disappointed side more
    often than they would like.

good luck to all tomorrow, let's gettem!
    Attached Images  

startwinningtoda
    startwinningtoda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 768

that being said, it's nice to use a portion of the profits made from straight bets...(if you must dance with the hussie that is parlay)

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

I came back last night to go +3U on a 2 team teaser. COL and UAB. Just depends on how you play them, why you play them and how often. Surely in the long run, not the best way to build a bankroll.

rodman
    rodman's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'll been playing 3 team parlays for the last week went 1-6 no good you right bad bet bankroll buster

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thanks MJT

I have always read that parlays and teasers are a bad bet. I stayed away from parlays but have been playing alot of 2 game teasers. I had what I thought was a winning percentage from teasers and my bankroll has been growing. After reading your thread I really started thinking about the value of these types of plays.

I went to my phone app (bet bud) and looked at my stats in basketball. Then it hit me. Numerically, I had a winning average but never considered the extra juice that was lost. My stats for teasers was 32 wins/24 losses. I crunched the numbers and sure enough, the extra money lost was almost equal to my winnings. That's terrible. I can not believe I have been this blind for so long.

It seems that my growing bankroll was from simple SU plays which mislead me in my mindset. I can not believe it took me this long to heed the advice that has been written about since I joined SBR.

Thanks for the wake up call!

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    I have always read that parlays and teasers are a bad bet. I stayed away from parlays but have been playing alot of 2 game teasers. I had what I thought was a winning percentage from teasers and my bankroll has been growing. After reading your thread I really started thinking about the value of these types of plays.

I went to my phone app (bet bud) and looked at my stats in basketball. Then it hit me. Numerically, I had a winning average but never considered the extra juice that was lost. My stats for teasers was 32 wins/24 losses. I crunched the numbers and sure enough, the extra money lost was almost equal to my winnings. That's terrible. I can not believe I have been this blind for so long.

It seems that my growing bankroll was from simple SU plays which mislead me in my mindset. I can not believe it took me this long to heed the advice that has been written about since I joined SBR.

Thanks for the wake up call!
    Glad to help a fellow SBRer out! Thats what I made this post for is to help open others eyes, I want everyone to beat the books senseless this March