Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Automoto View Post
    I don't recall Utah missing any of their free throws down the stretch.
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playby...meId=320670038

They were 2 of 5 in the last two minutes, including missing a front end of a one and one...

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post

They were 2 of 5 in the last two minutes, including missing a front end of a one and one...
    Maybe the missed free throws were the reason that turnover and easy lay up happened. lol

Jonah

5 minute is an eternity in BB... just in case you didn't know
    It can be...It can also go real fast if you are F'ing around...Granted Utah is terrible. but they are technically D 1 athletes in a big conference...and it is basketball where you can get lucky from time to time by flinging the ball at the rim.

Also, Utah uses a lot of the clock on offense. Tie game with 4 minutes to play and it is very conceivable you only get 5 or 6 more possessions.

Automoto
    Automoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Helped get to the magic number....12 in this game

Jonah

5 minute is an eternity in BB... just in case you didn't know
    I will say one last thing Auto and that is that it is not a good sign that you can't recall Utah missing any free throws down the stretch, especially for a game you watched closely....You might be going into a weird zone there.

Automoto

It can be...It can also go real fast if you are F'ing around...Granted Utah is terrible. but they are technically D 1 athletes in a big conference...and it is basketball where you can get lucky from time to time by flinging the ball at the rim.

Also, Utah uses a lot of the clock on offense. Tie game with 4 minutes to play and it is very conceivable you only get 5 or 6 more possessions.
    You do know that Utah is one of the WORST teams in D1 BB, don't you? Pomeroy has them at #306 in the country... only won 6 games this year. This game shouldn't have been close... thus...the fix...

Automoto

Did either of you watch the USF/ Villanova game?
    I didn't see this game...what happened?

Jonah

You do know that Utah is one of the WORST teams in D1 BB, don't you? Pomeroy has them at #306 in the country... only won 6 games this year. This game shouldn't have been close... thus...the fix...
    I do realize....They were embarrassed just a few days ago. They had a lot of pride on the line, that translated into good defense, plus Colorado wasn't hitting their shots. Who knows you might be right....

All I know for sure is that those refs played a horrible game at the end...in favor of the Buffs. Still, maybe the Colorado players did something really shady tonight in the Conference Tourney. Again, you might be right.

Jonah

I didn't see this game...what happened?
    Just that Villanova made scoring a basket look harder than scoring a Touchdown. That is what can happens when you play a team that is playing really good Defense. Again, Utah was very motivated and that can easily translate to great defense.

Jonah

Good luck tomorrow.

Automoto

Just that Villanova made scoring a basket look harder than scoring a Touchdown. That is what can happens when you play a team that is playing really good Defense. Again, Utah was very motivated and that can easily translate to great defense.
    Utah? Great defense?? they give up an average of 70 points per game! Their defense is in no way good enough to keep ANY team from not scoring for 10 AND 8 minute spans....but yet, Colorado didn't score.... so was it great defense or Colorado clanking and tanking?

Automoto

Good luck tomorrow.
    You too!

First 12