SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Gonzaga to the bank March 5th....-2 is A Gift!

the Zags are playing great ball right now, in all phases of the game. Championship game on March 5th vs St Marys. This Gonzaga team owns St Marys in this heated Rivalry. The teams split during the reguar season but zags have beaten them something like 26 of the last 30 times theyve played. Zags are use to these big pressure spots, too much experience, too much talent here. St Marys likes to think its in the same class as the zags, they had a nice little season this year. But at the end of the day theyre still gonzagas bitches and theyll lose by at least 9 tommorow. Gonzaga won this same championship on this same at the same time last year. At -2 they get it done again on march 5th. The line should be somewhere around 5.5 or 6. At -2 zags all day, big play for me

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I agree...zags are in better form right now.

SASH

love this play. zags won me large money all year long, they get it done again tommorow!

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I thought St Mary's beat then by 18 last year in the champion game. Line is 2.5 everywhere.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

ZAGS..awesome play...

Illusivecone
    Illusivecone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

O noes, SBR is in agreement the day before on a game...

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

i think this is a legit toss up, wouldnt go too big on this game either way

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Under.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    i think this is a legit toss up, wouldnt go too big on this game either way
    Agree.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by Illusivecone View Post
    O noes, SBR is in agreement the day before on a game...
    it was the same for the UNC Duke game... people saying "all of SBR is on the Heels so i'm taking Duke"

how'd that work out for them... and for this game, i don't follow either team... so if it gets to this game and i need to make a bet, ill take Zags and listen to some of SBR finest

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    it was the same for the UNC Duke game... people saying "all of SBR is on the Heels so i'm taking Duke"

how'd that work out for them... and for this game, i don't follow either team... so if it gets to this game and i need to make a bet, ill take Zags and listen to some of SBR finest
    How'd that MSU bet that you talked a ton of shit about work out?

Balco10

Michigan should of won easily, but their star freshman went down with an injury. Yea lost plenty on them today and will clean out my balance on the zags -2...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    How'd that MSU bet that you talked a ton of shit about work out?
    I lost my bet on MSU -3 for a unit (injury to MSU player) but won both of these...hitting both sides of the game pal. I don't post a thread for all my plays.

Name:  bets.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  35.5 KB

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I think Gonzaga can neutralize Rob Jones again and force the guards to carry the entire load for Saint Mary's which will be a difficult assigment. Pangos is a flat out stud, if he can play well, I think Gonzaga has a shot at a deep run in the tourny. They still don't play defense as well as they should and are a little stagnant offensively, movement wise, but he's a real player

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    I lost my bet on MSU -3 for a unit (injury to MSU player) but won both of these...hitting both sides of the game pal. I don't post a thread for all my plays.

Name:  bets.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  35.5 KB
    Good for you. You just seemed to want to talk a bunch of shit in the middle of that game about my stupid OSU bet; interesting that you wound up betting the Buckeyes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I think Gonzaga can neutralize Rob Jones again and force the guards to carry the entire load for Saint Mary's which will be a difficult assigment. Pangos is a flat out stud, if he can play well, I think Gonzaga has a shot at a deep run in the tourny. They still don't play defense as well as they should and are a little stagnant offensively, movement wise, but he's a real player
    Agree re: Pangos. He's been a difference maker for them down the stretch of the season. Why did you go from backing BYU in the semis to being so high on Gonzaga?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

stupidity I guess. Rose is as good of a coach is there is in college basketball, but its finally obvious that they just didn't have much talent there for him to work with. I thought BYU could slow Gonzaga down and do quite a few things that obviously didn't happen. Gonzaga was very impressive and Saint Mary's is overrated. Murray pounded on them pretty good and they are also very overrated (at least in Kentucky)

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

So, what's the play again? (before this thread gets more muddled)

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Is this line a trap? Why does it seem like we all think Gonzaga should be favored by 5.5 or 6 and the line is holding steady at many books at 2? I am tempted to go big on the 'Zags, but this is one of those games that the line looks TOO good to be true. I did like this quote though from the Seattle Post Intell. :

"Both teams and fans hate each other," Sacre said Sunday. "We have this mutual hate when it comes to the basketball court. There's nothing like it. I don't think there's anything like it in the country, to be honest."

While Saint Mary's won the regular-season title outright for the first time since 1989, it has never won the conference tournament the same year.
    Gonzaga wants to ensure that doesn't happen Monday.

"We're not trying to be cocky, but we don't want them to get the championship," said Sacre, the WCC defensive player of the year. "So it's business and it's personal. It's a pride game. We're playing for pride."
    Pangos, even as a freshman, gets it — though he used the words "strongly dislike" rather than hate.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bought in big when it first opened at -1.5. Couldn't believe the line and think SMC is incredibly overrated.

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

the more i think about it the more i like st marys is the right play in my opinion.

I think the difference in this game is in the point guard position, St Mary's has a very experienced Delavadova running the point while Gonzaga has freshmen guard kevin pangos. I think the championship environment will be too much for the freshmen to handle.

Another thing yes gonzaga has looked good but BYU isnt really a good team this year, and the game the gonzaga beat st marys it was at gonzaga and pangos just absolutely lit it up, i don't think that happens this game so St Marys is the play. I'm starting to like this play more and more now that i think about it. Im sure most of you feel like im wrong but well see toms

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

No Stephen Holt will make this game tough for St Marys. If he plays he says he is going to be 100%, but who knows. It's either Gonzaga or a no play, most likely a no play.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Zags are brimming with confidence and pangos has been hot enough to not get intimidated by the moment. I wouldn't go big but I'm definitely on the zags.

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Like Gonzaga as well. Books may want people to load up on Gonzaga based on them being who they are, but I do think they are the winners here. St. Marys had trouble with San Francisco the other day. I watched that entire game and they pulled away near the end but it was close most of the game. They can't play like that against Gonzaga and expect to win.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over is the gift sides is a pure toss up... Bet the under with no coins lets see how that worked out

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Gonzaga and St. Mary's are two slow white teams with decent coaches. What's the difference? LOL.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

hOLT REHABING INJUED KNEE ...WHO WIL STOP PANGOS...ZAGS BY 8

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

St. Mary's just isn't that impressive at all, they play in a weak conference which doesn't have many nationally televised games. When they played against Murray State on National TV they looked god aweful, they didn't even have any shot in that game at all, got blown off the court. They were on National TV the other day because of the tourney and first half they were very unimpressive, second half they did play better but nothing to get excited about.

Zaga is the better team and they are playing much better right now than St. Mary's. I'm going with Gonzaga ML on this one, definately not a big bet, hard to play games caping strictly on paper without getting to see the teams play alot, but what I have seen out of St. Mary's was very very unimpressive, based on their national ranking and the stats I was expecting a whole lot more when I got to see them on national tv.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    hOLT REHABING INJUED KNEE ...WHO WIL STOP PANGOS...ZAGS BY 8
    Agreed on Holt. Under the radar player. Said when he went down it would be a big loss.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    No Stephen Holt will make this game tough for St Marys. If he plays he says he is going to be 100%, but who knows. It's either Gonzaga or a no play, most likely a no play.
    Their coach said they are saving Holt for the tournament so I assume they can afford to lose this game as the tournament is more important.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Zags looked better, but, it's not like SF is/was a bad team...

SASH

Whats the deal with these low overs too? 133, are you kidding me?? I understand its a championship, tournament, winner take all type game and you would expect the overs to be low in this situation, but 133 is waaaay to low. This number should be around 136 or 137. Over 133 looks real juicy also, smaller play on over 133

Balco10

St Marys area solid team and ranked 21 for good reason. They can easily beat the Zags especially if they shooting is on tonight and their Aussie back player has been hot ever since he took over for their injured starter. I would have this game as a pick em. Total coin flip, but degenerate me says Zags large partly since their one of my favorite teams and out to make a statement. Plus a win stamps their ticket into the dance. If they lose their out I believe.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I really like St. Marys tonight. Plus, I heard Langs paid play is on the Zags, so I added more to my Gaels pick. BOL

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    St Marys area solid team and ranked 21 for good reason. They can easily beat the Zags especially if they shooting is on tonight and their Aussie back player has been hot ever since he took over for their injured starter. I would have this game as a pick em. Total coin flip, but degenerate me says Zags large partly since their one of my favorite teams and out to make a statement. Plus a win stamps their ticket into the dance. If they lose their out I believe.
    Zags are in the dance regardless. A win/loss could pretty much mean the difference between a 6-8/9 seed. And no one wants to face Kentucky with that 8/9 seed so it will be a battle.

Balco10

JB, thanks for the info! Good luck to you.

123 Last