Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Why is a majority of the bets on Kent State?

I don't understand why more people are on Kent State than Ohio?
    Is it because Kent State is at home and a majority of home teams won yesterday?
    I'm confused....

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

That shocked me aswell I was ready to unload on Kent until I saw 62% of the public on them

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

it's really early and these are overnight numbers. something to keep an eye on, but i'm skeptical of assuming that the public is on a given side just because that side gets pounded at BetOnline and other shops while most of the "public" is asleep. there need to be more bets placed before drawing any conclusions.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Well according to the last game with Kent State and Ohio, wouldn't the "Public" be on Ohio when they won by 15 in their last game?

I'm all over Ohio in this game, but the lines and the #s are confusing me!

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Well according to the last game with Kent State and Ohio, wouldn't the "Public" be on Ohio when they won by 15 in their last game? I'm all over Ohio in this game, but the lines and the #s are confusing me!
    i think that the "public" will be on OU once they wake up and place their bets. my point is that you can't view the public % at 8 am the same way that you view the public % at 6 pm.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post

i think that the "public" will be on OU once they wake up and place their bets. my point is that you can't view the public % at 8 am the same way that you view the public % at 6 pm.
    I hear you Biff. We'll see where the line moves later, I think it'll stay the same until game time. Maybe -2 Kent State by game time.

EDIT:
    Already moved to -2. I'm guessing -2.5 by game time. I got Ohio at +2.5 (bought a point) this morning.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    I hear you Biff. We'll see where the line moves later, I think it'll stay the same until game time. Maybe -2 Kent State by game time. EDIT: Already moved to -2. I'm guessing -2.5 by game time. I got Ohio at +2.5 (bought a point) this morning.
    BOL to you. this game will be Kent or pass for me, but i can see why you like OU. anyone who watched their game against Akron Sunday or any of Kent's last three games could easily justify backing OU. i personally think that Kent gets it done tonight, we shall see.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post

BOL to you. this game will be Kent or pass for me, but i can see why you like OU. anyone who watched their game against Akron Sunday or any of Kent's last three games could easily justify backing OU. i personally think that Kent gets it done tonight, we shall see.
    BOL to you as well.
    Yeah the Akron game was a huge motivation for this play. I'm just hoping OU stays motivated and pulls it out against Kent State tonight and doesn't lose motivation.