ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

UCLA basketball is done.

Think no more Howland. Think No more Kyle Anderson. Think no more Shabazz Muhammed. Think sanctions. Think worse than USC after Tim Floyd.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...tball-program/

George Dohrmann doesn't just write about small things. It is going to be massive.

It's gonna be Penn St. destructive, but instead of pedophilia, it is going to be kids doing a ton of blow and a lack of institutional control, and possibly a small UCLA drug ring implications.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Very interesting, looking forward to reading the article tomorrow.

Bad news for Arizona and the Pac 12.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why is it bad news for Arizona? If anything, it gives them a Gonzaga like hold on the conference.

That team is all the PAC has anymore. Maybe an occasional Washington.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Hmmmmm.

I always said Ben Howland was maybe the most over rated guy ever, but I never heard anything like this. But then again I havent been hanging out down there too much since I stopped gambling.

Guy was supposed to bring UCLA back to its glory, he hasnt done shit if this is true he might be one of the worst guys ever. So not only cant he coach he is a scumbag to boot. He probably figures if he didnt molest any kids he wont be seen too negatively.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time

Arizona needs her rival back. The new T.V. deal will be nice, however we need better teams and better games in the Pac for the coming future. Respected, great teams = notoriety of playing in the conference. Washington is decent, they think they are relevant and consider themselves Arizona's rival but that isn't so. They are an average team that consistently underperforms.

Sure, UCLA may get good recruits if they are relevant in the future, but I have no worries of Miller's ability to recruit at an equal, if not greater level.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Hmmmmm.

I always said Ben Howland was maybe the most over rated guy ever, but I never heard anything like this. But then again I havent been hanging out down there too much since I stopped gambling.

Guy was supposed to bring UCLA back to its glory, he hasnt done shit if this is true he might be one of the worst guys ever. So not only cant he coach he is a scumbag to boot. He probably figures if he didnt molest any kids he wont be seen too negatively.
    Agreed, guy is a scumbag.

Chalky, as long as we keep getting kids like this, I honestly don't care what happens. I do want a strong conference though.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

That program has been shady for years yet people praise Wooden even though he was getting players through means that would get you banned today.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Nah, they'll be back to brilliance just as soon as the life-altering Larry Drew II makes it to the court next year . . .

As a UNC guy, this couldn't happen to nicer people.

Well. Kentucky. But why be greedy?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

you losers calling ucla basketball program shady? hahahahaha... yeah whatever.

if you wanna see shady, look at kentucky basketball. that's the epitome of shady.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

The epitome of shady? UCLA of the good-old days back before anybody wanted to find scandals.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Pac-12 basketball is awful and if UCLA disappears, it will never stop being awful.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Its a wrap

Wrap it up

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

howland has long been one of the worst coaches in college hoops, no surprise here

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Wooden used to look the other way on a daily basis.

Nobody is clean, common.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you losers calling ucla basketball program shady? hahahahaha... yeah whatever.

if you wanna see shady, look at kentucky basketball. that's the epitome of shady.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun...lbert-20100609

The Times established that Gilbert, during Wooden's heyday, helped players get cars, clothes, airline tickets and scalpers' prices for UCLA season tickets. Gilbert allegedly even arranged abortions for players' girlfriends.

One former UCLA All-American told The Times: "What do you want me to say? That's my school. I don't want to see them take away all those championships." Gilbert considered many NCAA rules arcane and silly.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

woah. Makes some sense if these rumors are true. The program has been spiraling out of control and when a good quality kid like Moser leaves the program something may be up. Hopefully the rumors are not true.
    The best player on UNLV, BYU, and New Mexico all have transferred away from UCLA in the past few years, just weird. If those 3 were on UCLA right now with the current players the team would be very good.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

ucla 11 championships....

they aint going nowhere.

E Vincent
    E Vincent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Clearly evident that the brains behind the Howland operation were his assistants...... Particularly Jamie Dixon!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

listen, not a big deal.

i never like that white trash reeves nelson anyway. howland just needed to get rid of that idiot long before...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

the shabazz kid should go to az anyways. miller will put him in the right spot like he did williams.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had no idea reeves nelson was such a bad ass.... Slapping teammates punking members of the coaching staff etc

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoa no way a school in LA where kids partied and did drugs ... shocked....

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Go Bruins

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Reeves Nelson was without a doubt the core center of this teams problems, UCLA let him go back in December or January i believe. as for the other claims i have yet to read the article. But i do know that UCLA has a strong class expected to to come this fall. hopefully nobody de commits. College basketball is honestly alot better when a team on the west coast other than Gonzaga is good

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Had no idea reeves nelson was such a bad ass.... Slapping teammates punking members of the coaching staff etc
    he's a trailer trash from modesto, howland shoulda known better.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Think no more Howland. Think No more Kyle Anderson. Think no more Shabazz Muhammed. Think sanctions. Think worse than USC after Tim Floyd.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...tball-program/

George Dohrmann doesn't just write about small things. It is going to be massive.

It's gonna be Penn St. destructive, but instead of pedophilia, it is going to be kids doing a ton of blow and a lack of institutional control, and possibly a small UCLA drug ring implications.
    wow some players smoked weed, thats about the extent of the article + some fights in practice, hardly penn state destructive.