RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

clear some inbox space

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I lean Indiana but not strong enough to bet them. I am against you with Youngstown, Green Bay is my POD. And Saint Louis line seems right on, they may be the most underrated team in the country in the public's eye but the linemakers know better. Pomeroy has Saint Louis by 10.
    That's what I mean -- seems the line is indicating the Billikens are the play.

hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10698

I can't go against Indiana at home again got burnt when they played Kentucky and Ohio state

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I hope you mean as a town, because if you're talking crowds, you just lost what little shred of credibility you had.
    Of course I mean as a town. If I had meant they had a better crowd I would have said something that indicated that.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by rjp322 View Post
    IU gonna whoop some ass tonight. IU>IL in every way. And PickWinnerAllDay you have one of the worst coaches in college basketball while we have one of the best
    Yeah Crean is amazing. He is so amazing that in his years in Indiana he has, what? 3-4 Big 10 road wins?

Weber is garbage but Crean isn't a top 3 coach in the Big 10, much less 'one of the best in the country.'

rjp322
    rjp322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Yeah Crean is amazing. He is so amazing that in his years in Indiana he has, what? 3-4 Big 10 road wins?

Weber is garbage but Crean isn't a top 3 coach in the Big 10, much less 'one of the best in the country.'
    Lol you cant be serious. Have you seen the team IU has had recently? Sampson really screwed our program and Crean is getting it turned around. No one in the damn country expected IU to crack the top 10 at any point this season and they did. We are only gonna get better because of Crean. Have you seen our recruiting class? Crean is definitely a top 3 coach in the big 10 and probably a top 15 coach in the country. You dont know anything about the Big Ten if Crean isnt a top 3 coach in the Big Ten

PickWinnerAllDay

Lol you cant be serious. Have you seen the team IU has had recently? Sampson really screwed our program and Crean is getting it turned around. No one in the damn country expected IU to crack the top 10 at any point this season and they did. We are only gonna get better because of Crean. Have you seen our recruiting class? Crean is definitely a top 3 coach in the big 10 and probably a top 15 coach in the country. You dont know anything about the Big Ten if Crean isnt a top 3 coach in the Big Ten
    Well... lets see...

Izzo is the absolute number 1.
    Matta is the absolute number 2.

So basically you are guaranteeing me that Crean is better than Bo Ryan, Matt Painter, and Tubby Smith...

I strongly disagree on two of those and most people would. A sign of a great coach is road performances... Illinois has struggled on the road the last few years name pointing out that Weber needs to go. Crean has struggled on the road a lot as well... but you can keep giving him a free pass if you want. I just promise you that tournament games are far more like road games than home games so Indiana isn't going to make a deep run. They are an elite team at home and a mediocre team on the road this year.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm an IU grad and the jury is still out on Crean. The jury reached a verdict long long ago on all Illini sports teams though...UNDERACHIEVERS! Quit while you're behind....comparing Illinois hoops to IU is like comparing the Cubs to the Yankees or Cards.

rjp322

Look at the players and the program they have had over the past few years!! Are you that blind? This is the first season Crean has even had somewhat of a team and look what he has done! IU doesnt really have a dominant player besides for Zeller. We have a bunch of decent players but nothing super special.

You are basing your whole argument off of road losses that IU has had but you arent looking at what Crean has done for the program or the big upset wins they have had at home this year. It really doesnt matter if IU does anything in the tourney because no one expected them to even be a shoe in into it this year and everyone still had their doubts about even making the tournament. I believe we were last in the Big Ten last year and now we are 5th I believe with an average well coached team. Just wait til we get some real talent.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I'm an IU grad and the jury is still out on Crean. The jury reached a verdict long long ago on all Illini sports teams though...UNDERACHIEVERS! Quit while you're behind....comparing Illinois hoops to IU is like comparing the Cubs to the Yankees or Cards.
    There are a lot of Indiana fans who seem to think that way... Unfortunately, that is very far from the truth.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/1004/cbe1.pdf

Historically, Indiana ranks 5th in Sagarin's rankings, while Illinois is at 6th. Indiana basketball, to this point, is kind of like Notre Dame football. It is historically very very good, but lately has been a joke and hasn't really proven itself to be out of its 'joke' phase.

PickWinnerAllDay

That being said, one thing the league needs to fix is unbalanced scheduling. It is a crime for Illinois and Indiana to only play once per year... since it was in Bloomington, Indiana fans forget that Illinois is their master the last decade or so.

We need to play a home and home every year, at least then we'd be tied 1-1 right now.

rjp322

LOL Illinois was not beating IU this year regardless of where the game was played. They are complete trash

PickWinnerAllDay

LOL Illinois was not beating IU this year regardless of where the game was played. They are complete trash
    lol, you're right... we can beat OSU and MSU but never Indiana in Champaign.

Indiana fans are more delusional than Cubs fans and that is saying a lot.

Mr Handicapable

I'm 44 years old and IU has 3 national championships and 2 other final 4s in my lifetime. If Illinois ever went to a final 4 then I missed it? Not sure how old you are but Lou-doo was a complete fcn clown. Calipari light....paid well but couldn't win $hit. If Illinois/Purdue ever won $hit in college hoops then it was back in the medicine ball days before segregation.

PickWinnerAllDay

I'm 44 years old and IU has 3 national championships and 2 other final 4s in my lifetime. If Illinois ever went to a final 4 then I missed it? Not sure how old you are but Lou-doo was a complete fcn clown. Calipari light....paid well but couldn't win $hit. If Illinois/Purdue ever won $hit in college hoops then it was back in the medicine ball days before segregation.
    You're 44 years old but you have dementia I guess because Illinois went to a championship game less than a decade ago. Must have been really drunk that March.

rjp322

lol, you're right... we can beat OSU and MSU but never Indiana in Champaign.

Illinois fans are more delusional than Cubs fans and that is saying a lot.
    There fixed. I dont think you realize how bad Illinos has become. We played earlier at IU so this one would be later in the season at IL with your trash team. I hope by some chance we get to play you in the tourney so we can win by double digits again

rjp322

You're 44 years old but you have dementia I guess because Illinois went to a championship game less than a decade ago. Must have been really drunk that March.
    You must be proud of that ONE time and needless to say you lost lol

PickWinnerAllDay

Indiana has only gotten to the sweet 16 once since 1995.

Illinois has gotten to 4 sweet 16's since 2001, including 1 elite 8, and one championship game.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Mr Handicapable

The Fighting Illini lay claim to over twenty-five National Championships dating back to 1900. However, the Illini have won just two National Championships since 1958—Men's Tennis in 2003 and Men's Gymnastics in 1989

Straight from Wikipedia....tennis and gymnastics championships. I'm sure the riot police worked overtime to break up those parades!

Mr. Doughnut

It's sad, really. If you are going to copy our Assembly Hall, at least try to hang a banner or two in it

PickWinnerAllDay

Indiana fans really are ignorant of recent history I guess.

Indiana in the tournament since 1995: 10-12, one sweet 16, 1 elite 8, 1 final four, 1 championship loss
    Illinois in the tournament since 1995: 18-13, 4 sweet 16's, 2 elite 8's, 1 final four, 1 championship loss

Indiana fans living in the past like Notre Dame Football fans. Since 1995, Illinois has been 10 times the program.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Illinois went to National Championship Game and lost to North Carolina not all that long ago. They lost just one game all year that year before the NCG, I think it was to Ohio State in the last game of the regular season with the Buckeyes treating that game like their championship because they were ineligible for post-season.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Illinois went to National Championship Game and lost to North Carolina not all that long ago. They lost just one game all year that year before the NCG, I think it was to Ohio State in the last game of the regular season with the Buckeyes treating that game like their championship because they were ineligible for post-season.
    Indiana basketball fans are like Notre Dame football fans. Still living in the 1970s... not aware of anything that has happened in the 90s or 00's.

Mr. Doughnut

Indiana fans really are ignorant of recent history I guess. Indiana in the tournament since 1995: 10-12, one sweet 16, 1 elite 8, 1 final four, 1 championship loss Illinois in the tournament since 1995: 18-13, 4 sweet 16's, 2 elite 8's, 1 final four, 1 championship loss Indiana fans living in the past like Notre Dame Football fans. Since 1995, Illinois has been 10 times the program.
    So let me get this straight...

-This year doesn't count
    -Late 90's up until last year count
    -Nothing before 1995 counts

Way to completely ignore the rest of the 20th century. With logic like this, no wonder you ever lose an argument.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    So let me get this straight...

-This year doesn't count
    -Late 90's up until last year count
    -Nothing before 1995 counts

Way to completely ignore the rest of the 20th century. With logic like this, no wonder you ever lose an argument.
    LOL, so let me get this straight, the fact Illinois has been by far the better program the last near 20 years is irrelevant because Indiana is the better team this one season?

I'm 24. I know this... since I've been alive Illinois has been better than Indiana at basketball. That is good enough for me. I do not care too much about stuff that happened before I was born.

Mr Handicapable

I have to admit Sampson checked me out of college hoops and Cody Zeller brought me back....sorry if I missed Illinois run to greatness. I guess they reached the greatness of Mike Davis....whoop de fcn doo!!

Mr. Doughnut

We had a bad hire, fired him immediately, and moved on. And we are finally now reaping the rewards

Meanwhile, your mistake hire is still roaming the sidelines, whining like a child every minute of every game.

We'll see what the next 20 years hold

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    We had a bad hire, fired him immediately, and moved on. And we are finally now reaping the rewards

Meanwhile, your mistake hire is still roaming the sidelines, whining like a child every minute of every game.

We'll see what the next 20 years hold
    Interesting enough, the cheater you hired actually hurt the Illinois program for a couple of years but you don't hear me crying about it constantly like Indiana fans do about Sampson.

As for Crean, Indiana fans are drastically overrating him... He is not that good of a coach and I think that will prove itself come tournament time and going forward.

Mr Handicapable

Interesting enough, the cheater you hired actually hurt the Illinois program for a couple of years but you don't hear me crying about it constantly like Indiana fans do about Sampson.

As for Crean, Indiana fans are drastically overrating him... He is not that good of a coach and I think that will prove itself come tournament time and going forward.

I tend to agree with what I've seen of him so far. This Indiana team still doesn't have a steady rotation or assigned roles for over half the team. He can recruit though and thats most of the battle. Indiana ALWAYS has premium high school talent thats being going elsewhere lately (Oden & Conley) and now IU is in position to get the best of that. I expect this team to be final 4 before Zeller leaves.

Mr Handicapable

Fans can cry....7'2" manbabies are not allowed to cry on the court though!!

CloverG
    CloverG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like IU ATS

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

Crean's Utterences = Lute Olson's farts

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Well... lets see...

Izzo is the absolute number 1.

Matta is the absolute number 2.

So basically you are guaranteeing me that Crean is better than Bo Ryan, Matt Painter, and Tubby Smith...

I strongly disagree on two of those and most people would. A sign of a great coach is road performances... Illinois has struggled on the road the last few years name pointing out that Weber needs to go. Crean has struggled on the road a lot as well... but you can keep giving him a free pass if you want. I just promise you that tournament games are far more like road games than home games so Indiana isn't going to make a deep run. They are an elite team at home and a mediocre team on the road this year.
    Spot on except for the part about Matta...absolutely not the number 2 coach in the B10. Recruiter,sure...But as far as in game coaching and player development...Ryan, Beilein, and Painter all trump Matta. These coaches do more with less every year as opposed to what Matta does with loaded teams. Would still put Matta ahead of Crean though as of now. Don't think Tubby Smith even belongs in the conversation.

Mr Handicapable

Beilein is great....that team really doesn't have much talent imo. I could beat Hardway's kid in a game of horse from the 3 pt line. Painter is overrated imo....good coaches don't give up over 90 pts in the big dance like he did vs VCU last year. He's a good coach but he hasn't recruited that well and thats killing Purdue in the end.

First 123 Last