HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Oklahoma St's Le'Bryan Nash OUT for Season

Anybody have a good beat on this team. What is this kids impact, and will they miss him?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Ouch. He basically single-handedly beat Mizzou in Stillwater.

Might have to re-think my OSU lean.

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

I was on OSU until I saw this. Thanks for the info.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Where did you hear that he was out for the season? I heard he is questionable for the game against KU. OAk st did beat Texas am by 18 without Nash.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this info is from usa today: "Freshman F Le'Bryan Nash is out indefinitely with a fractured left hand he suffered in a Feb. 22 loss at Oklahoma. Surgery will not be required, and Nash is expected to return, though he could miss the Feb. 27 game against Kansas."

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Where did you hear that he was out for the season? I heard he is questionable for the game against KU. OAk st did beat Texas am by 18 without Nash.
    Yea but that's A&M. You're going to need your 2nd leading scorer, especially when you're leading scorer is the PG, against a high caliber team like Kansas.

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Oklahoma State might be better without Nash. Yes, actually better. Nash shoots under 40% from the field, and that would be excusable if that was mostly 3 pointers he was shooting, but it's not. He shoots 24% from 3. He leads the team in turnovers as well with just 1.5 assists per game. If Ok. State didn't have Page, I would be worried for Ok. State. Kansas has already locked up at least a tie for the Big 12 title, and after a huge effort in a OT win against their arch rivals, they won't be 100% focused for Oklahoma State. And it's Oklahoma State's Senior Night. I am all over Ok. State in this game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Thats what I was looking for. They guy is sand bagging the team, and they play better without him.

TailMe
    TailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think even without Nash Oklahoma State might be the play. Kansas is coming off an emotional and long game over Missouri and I think they will come out a little flat in this one. Oklahoma State plays well at home and isn't intimidated by power house teams, like Missouri when they beat them SU on their home court.

I'd have to take the 9 points with the home team here.

Still have more research to do.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Practically him being out helps the team.

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Reminds me of Miami yesterday and they smoked Florida st. Oklahoma ST is the play.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I have Ok St for my biggest play of the day. I think there are factors which neutralize the loss of Nash. Simply put his offensive output is not created efficiently, he turns the ball over frequently, and his defesnse is suspect at best. He takes alot of shots to get his points and does not create opportunites for others. He is a freshman and not a team leader, his back ups are thristing for an opportunity to get some playing time.

Here is a write up I already posted :

Their home form has been soo much better than their road form in conference play. They are 5-2 at home in conference with wins over Mizzou, Texas, and Iowa st and have only lost by 4 and 8 pts at home, never losing by more than tonights spread of 9.5.

They lost by 15 pts at Kansas 2 weeks ago, but they have been particularly good in conference rematches in Stillwater. Losing by 15 at Tex A&M, then beating them by 18 in Stillwater, lost by 3 at Iowa St then won by 2 in the rematch at home, losing by 9 to Texas, then beating them by 12 at home. Even when they lost by 41 to Baylor, a team stylistically they don't match up with well, they played them much closer at home losing by only by 4 in the rematch. This is a huge and consistent trend of not only playing much better at home, but rebounding and playing at home extremely well against teams in home rematches.

Kansas, on the other hand, plays much better at home. In their last 6 conference road games, they are 4-2, wining only one game by over 9.5. A slight letdown is possible after their big comeback and overtime win vs Mizzou on Saturday.

To add to the motivation for Oklahoma St., it will be senior night there. The game has primetime billing on ESPN, which should motivate them more, as it is a rare national spotlight opportunity, something Kansas is more jaded to. It will be their last home game for their leading scorer and big time 3 pt shooter Keiton Page. I expect a loud crowd on national TV, on Senior night against a team who gets most of the attention in their conference.
    Last edited by MeatWad; 02-27-12 at 01:03 PM.

TailMe
    TailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I made my play on Oklahoma State but, is anyone else a little worried that everyone is against the power house Kansas squad?

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by TailMe View Post
    I made my play on Oklahoma State but, is anyone else a little worried that everyone is against the power house Kansas squad?
    Definitely not worried. Always a little discomforting betting the inferior team in any match up, but that is where the value is tonight. I haven't looked at the betting volume numbers, but there will be a ton of action on Kansas, one of the most popular teams in the nation. There will be casual bettors getting home for work who will snap bet Kansas tonight without giving it a ton of thought.

chisox35
    chisox35's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I remember correctly,KU was up by 30 at the half in the last meeting.The 15 point final is a little misleading.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Oklahoma St. is a horrific team. Impossible for even I to make this bet. I love a shitty team getting points, and the situation is right. Although i do not have the pesos for such a risk.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Im going with Kansas on this 1. The ML to be exact. They want the conf title outright. They will get it tonight in Stillwater. Robinson needs to stay out of foul trouble.