Quote Originally Posted by MrMonkey View Post
    Good luck Vonn today!

MrMonkey
    Thanks Mr.M and BOL to you too....

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Vonn
    With you on Syracuse, still not sure about MSU (Big Ten scares the heck out of me). Going to take Zona 1H, then I think UL will take over. BOL

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

20-19 after a 1-2 night. Arizona not even close and Syracuse just couldn't make their shots. Spartans win a close one.

Plays for today forthcoming.

Vonnegut

Saturday Elite 8 Plays

Villanova+2.5 (bought a hook)....first off Villanova has a definite advantage at guard, and while I think Pitt is better inside, I think Jay Wright finds a way to transition so that Nova's guards can penetrate off the dribble against some of Panthers slower big men. I think Pitt has the best two players but Nova has the better team and better depth, some of Pitts bench players can struggle shooting. Definite advantage for Villanova here coaching wise IMHO, I think Dixon is an adequate coach but Jay Wright is a better court coach. I still think its close, and I took Pitt in my bracket to win it all, but Nova is firing on all cylinders, I think they take an early lead and hang on to win it.......or lose by a basket. Pitt can struggle against teams that can force turnovers and Pitt also has a tendency to struggle at the line. Either way its gonna be close and I will take the deeper team with better guards and better coaching here.....Villanova 71 Pittsburgh 70

Missouri+5.5 and under 150.....I think UConn wins today, but I believe Missouri's defence will frustrate UConn a bit, especially in the 2nd half when they try to pull away. Missouri has a top 5 defense in the nation, they can steal the ball, they can block shots and they dont turn the ball over much themselves. Only concern for this play is the clear advantage that UConn has on the boards. I will take the points here.....UConn 72 Missouri 69

Vonnegut

1-2 tonight and now an even 21-21 in tournament betting. Nailed Villanova but UConn was just too much Missouri and a dragged clock brought the total over.

By my calculations I have lost 4 games by a grand total of 6 points, but thats college basketball.
    Hope everyone else had a good day of wagering. Starting to gear up for baseball.

Vonnegut

21-21 Tournament Record

Sunday Elite 8 Selections

North Carolina-7...just too athletic for Oklahoma, clear advantage at guard, no way some of Griffin's supporting staff shoot as lights out as they did vs Syracuse, UNC just has way to many weapons, and Griffin gets contained by a tough Hansborough, Tarheels too deep and too experienced....UNC 90 Oklahoma 81

Michigan State+7...I dont see any clear mismatches here, I think the Spartans match up well against the Cardinals, if they can make their shots and they dont let Williams, Knowles and Smith get too many open looks from 3 they stay close. Walton and Suton are the keys today for the Spartans. Cards poor free throw shooting keeps this one fairly close down to the wire, although I like Louisville 1H and I think they take this in a close one......Louisville 73 Michigan State 69

Vonnegut

I am a little surprised more people werent on the Spartans today. They are a gutsy, veteran team and Izzo is a top quality coach.
    I would love to see Villanova/Michigan State in the championship.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good wins today Vonn! Tough calls Sat. Conn-MichST +4.5 and NC-Nova +8?

MrMonkey

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call Von! I was on the same sides too.

Vonnegut

Thanks Monkey and Greg. Greg nice to hear you had a good day and Monkey hope you had a good one too.

23-21 Tournament Record.

Definitely leaning Nova and Mich State right now.

Rick22

Nice calls friend. With you on UNC - maybe now I will believe in MSU!

Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Rick22 View Post
    Nice calls friend. With you on UNC - maybe now I will believe in MSU!
    Thanks Rick. Hope you had a good weekend.

Vonnegut

Playing UTEP tonight +1......

23-21 March Madness Record

Vonnegut

23-22

Tuesday

SD State+1
    Bradley-2

Good luck everybody.

Vonnegut

23-24. Stupid NIT betting.

I dont know why I keep punishing myself. I should have stuck to the Big Dance. I am 2-9 betting on the CBI and NIT and 21-15 betting on the NCAA Tournament.

Vonnegut

Final 4 Picks.

UConn-4
    Villanova+7

Been a great season guys, had a lot of fun, this will be last college basketball plays this year. I will be around in the baseball forum as I do wager on the bases so I will see you all there. Good luck to everyone and thanks to everyone who helped me out this season and kept me positive through some rough moments.

Peace.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has been alot fun Vonn! Good luck today, probably just wait for Monday's game to make one final play! No knowledge of baseball so maybe I'll talk to you doing FB season or for sure during CBB next year! Thanks for your help!

MrMonkey

Rick22

Vonn,
    Don't know how good this is, but I'm leaning toward both your picks. It's been fun GL. I might start to look at BB a little this year so see ya there.
    Rick

First 123