BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Bracketbusters Picks (16 picks with writeups)

huge card... thought i should share it with sbr for a change.

My BracketBusters Picks:

- Drexel +3.5..... Cleveland State forgot how to play defense all of a sudden and Drexel is 20-1 in there last 21 games. Not the most difficult schedule for Drexel recently, but I'm pretty confident that the Horizon is gonna struggle in the Bracketbusters.

- Liberty +2....Morgan State is horrible and is 3-9 in the MEAC, including 6 losses in a row. Liberty isn't exactly lighting it up but they are 7-3 L10, including 4 road wins. I'll take the better team from the better conference getting points.

- Northeastern -2.... Stony Brook is a great story and having a season to remember, but they have yet to beat a team as good as Northeastern this year on the road. Against similar teams: lost by 19 to Vermont, lost by 6 to BU, lost by 9 to Rutgers, lost by 15 to BC, lost by 5 to NW, and lost by 30 to Indiana. NE takes care of them at home.

- VMI/William & Mary Under 155... VMI isn't playing as fast as they traditionally have. W&M will slow the game down to a halt... can't see either team hitting 80 here. As the seasons gone on, VMI has actually slowed there pace to about 73 possessions/game..... I see a 75-70 final.

- Delaware/Hampton Under 137... I got this game capped at 130.... Neither team will run too much, and Hampton is going to struggle to score... 68-60 is more likely then 73-65.

- SIU +5.5.... Ball State is really struggling lately.... 7 losses in a row and they've covered just 2 out of the last 11. SIU isnt playing good either (3-10 L13), but they've also played a hell of a tougher schedule (58 compared to 325th). They've covered 4 out of there last 7, and I'd just rather take the battle-tested team getting 5.5 points.

- Canisuis -6.5... two shitty teams, but MD-Baltimore might be one of the worst 5 teams in the country. Outside of there victory vs. winless Binghamton, they have lost there last 5 road games by: 12, 11, 35, 17 and 19. I see a rare blowout for Canisuis.

- Radford -10.5.... Binghamton is horrible... Not only are they winless, but they had a 315 SOS... They just lost to Maryland-Baltimore by 15... Radford wins by 20.

- Fairfield +2.... Fairfield is finally playing up to potential after badly underachieving all season. They are 8-1 there last 9, and I love the way they are playing. I will be betting on them to win the MAAC Tournament if the trend continues.. Milwaukee is a mediocre team... There only chance to win will be to hit 10+ 3's...struggling lately, 3-6 L9.... Fairfield wins and I don't think it will even be that close.

- Louisiana Tech/Central Arkansas Over 153.5.... Not only does Central Arkansas play some of the worst defense in the country, but they are also 8th in tempo. On the road this year, they have given up: 76, 94, 87, 75, 73, 103, 125, 87, 105, 71, 68, 75 and 91. LT isn't a powerhouse by any means, but they are good enough to hit 85+ vs this horrendous defense. I see 92-70.

- Delaware State/Gardner Webb Under 126.... Should be a very slow paced game.... Delaware State loves to slow it down and is one of the 10 slowest pace teams in the country... Gardner Webb also plays slow and won't have a problem getting into a possession game. Should be boring, with no scoring.

- Presbytarian/Jacksonville State Under 122.5... See above.

- Texas State/South Dakota Over 157.... very high total, but its that high for a reason. 2 of the fastest pace teams in the country and they both have sub-par defenses. SD/Oakland combined for 184 points and Oakland is a very similar team statistically to Texas State, but with a better offense. I can see this hitting 170+... Should actually be a fun game to watch with a very high tempo.

- Weber State -4...Weber State just plain been dominant at home lately. UT Arlington has won 15 in a row, but no team has even been within 9 points of Weber at home in there last 11 games. This might be one of the 5 best games in the Bracketbusters, and i expect Lillard to go off for 40+

- Montana -9.5.... Another Big Sky team that is just plain dominant at home. Hawaii traditionally doesn't travel well and this year isn't any different. Montana has just plain been on a roll lately...14-1 last 15, and have won there last 3 home games by a combined 83 points. Montana wins by 15+

- UCSB +2.5... Down year for Utah State, as they are hovering around .500 and have lost 2 home games which used to be unthinkable. UCSB has been a decent road team this year (6 wins), and is definitely the better overall team. Good matchup.

HUGE card.... GL everyone.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

nice picks and write-ups. think i will probably be on Canisius (UMBC is a trainwreck, you're right), Fairfield and W&M/VMI under. don't want to fade Cleveland State, but Drexel plus points so tempting. BOL to you today.

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Nice card might tail a few gl

BrianLaverty

Nice start with Drexel....

BrianLaverty

4-3 so far.

BrianLaverty

9-7... I'll take it... coulda been better if Northeastern and Weber State didnt completely blow there covers.