Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

Vir Tech does the nearly impossible

Having trouble wrapping my brain around a D1 team that manages only 7 pts in the last 14 minutes of the game. Here's hoping none of you suffered this horrific ML beat.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

actually has FSU ML in one of my parlays so im very shocked they won

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

The fix was in. How else could it be explained? Pathetic. I had Fl State in a ML parlay and when I saw they were down with few mins to go, figured I was done. Shocked they won.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This happened for one reason only, and the same reason I lost lots of bet lately, poor foul shooting. How a team misses 4 foul shots in the final minute to allow FSU a chance is beyond me. This was almost as bad as Dion Waiters missing his foul shot with 15 seconds left in the Cuse-Louisville game. What ever happened to coaches making kids run laps when they couldn't hit foul shots so that they would practice practice practice.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

SMU only scored 28 points in the entire friggin' game against UAB the other night. Nothing really shocks me anymore.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I was shocked to see that FSU won. I turned the game off with 15 minutes left to play in the 2nd half. FSU wasn't doing jack sh!t.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    SMU only scored 28 points in the entire friggin' game against UAB the other night. Nothing really shocks me anymore.
    Yeah I think there was one last week from a decent team if I remember right @38, but 7pts in 14 min OUCH! A good HS team could probably muster that. Pretty pathetic.

Anderson6129
    Anderson6129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    This happened for one reason only, and the same reason I lost lots of bet lately, poor foul shooting. How a team misses 4 foul shots in the final minute to allow FSU a chance is beyond me. This was almost as bad as Dion Waiters missing his foul shot with 15 seconds left in the Cuse-Louisville game. What ever happened to coaches making kids run laps when they couldn't hit foul shots so that they would practice practice practice.
    If I recall correctly, they actually had very good FT shooters for the overall season, but they just choked hard in this game.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

even when va tech was up like 16 in the 2nd half i kept telling all my buddys that i was watching the game with va tech is gonna blow it watch. I even posted it in 1 of these threads with like 10 minutes left in the game

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I actually learned a very important lesson from this game, one that I already knew but for some reason failed to follow: never use a seemingly for sure moneyline in many parlays. I've been burned by doing this so many times before, but I still thought there was no way FSU could lose at home, so I had their moneyline in every one of my parlays. I was so pissed at myself when I realized what I had done, but figured I'd be ok, so never called to take back my bets. Thankfully the impossible happened, and somehow they pulled it out, and I have taken this lesson to heart once more. I will never use a moneyline as a part of every play again--I might not be so lucky next time. Thank God for the poor free throw shooting by Tech in this one! I got lucky as hell, but I'll take this as a lesson reinforced!

Champ2399
    Champ2399's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32768

Looks like we won't be seeing Seth Greenberg on Selection Sunday whining about the selection committee.