t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

How hard do we fade NC State saturday?

Devastating loss for these kids after blowing a huge lead at Duke. Would have probably put them into the tourney or at the very least made a huge difference on their tourney resume. Now they need to play a very good FSU team that is coming off an emotional win after trailing all game to V-tech.

I can't see these NC State kids recovering quickly enough to be ready for this game on Saturday. Being at home helps but it won't be enough.

Thinking FSU -3.5? I dunno, just a guess on the line. Either way I'm taking the noles big.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Devastating loss for these kids after blowing a huge lead at Duke. Would have probably put them into the tourney or at the very least made a huge difference on their tourney resume. Now they need to play a very good FSU team that is coming off an emotional win after trailing all game to V-tech.

I can't see these NC State kids

recovering quickly enough to be ready

for this game on Saturday. Being at
    home helps but it won't be enough.

Thinking FSU -3.5? I dunno, just a guess on the line. Either way I'm taking the noles big.

where is the game at? if its at FSU i think FSU will win. Home court means everything to these 18 year olds

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

good call on the +10,.5 wizzle

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    good call on the +10,.5 wizzle
    Thanks pup

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking the same thing. These kids are ruined.

Anderson6129
    Anderson6129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

All this "they'll be too emotional and down to play" is stupid. They'll have that loss out of their heads by tip off or even by the next practice they have. That said, I'm not touching that game. I might bet on the 2H though.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Duke is the most overrated team in the country

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I wouldn't call it a devastating loss. Its easy to come back from down that big when your walk-ons are on the court since your starters all have 4 fouls with over 15 minutes left.

t-wizzle

How'd NC State do today?

BrodyBalboa
    BrodyBalboa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    How'd NC State do today?
    Sucked it up

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I'm an NCSU alum, when a buddy of mine (also an NCSU alum) came over after work today and told me the Pack had been favored in the game I couldn't believe it. I thought he was lying and had to double check the lines. I figured for sure it was FSU -4 or something like it. Maybe even a few pts higher before I'd believe State as the favorite.

Absolutely unbelievable. If I had known I would have literally put the rent money down on the FSU money line. Every cent. Cause if NCSU wins, then shit, we probably go to the NCAA Tournament and it'd be worth it. Goddamit. How in the hell was this line not FSU -3 or 4? goddam almighty. I almost broke something. Congrats to anyone who faded the Pack today. That was a gift line if there ever was one.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Yeah, I've been down on them all year too. But those fukkers won't die. And everyone else keeps losing.

I still remember that shitkicking Ohio State gave them. But then Ohio State goes out and loses to Michigan today, a team Duke handled pretty well out in Maui. You combine that with wins against Kansas, Michigan State, UVA, and UNC, and Duke is 3-1 against the Top Ten and 5-2 against the Top 25. How many teams can say that?

yeah they lost that game to Temple, and one to Miami they shouldn't have lost. But they've probably played one of the toughest schedules in the nation and only have four losses.

Duke is ranked right behind Kansas (who they beat) and ahead of Ohio State (who beat them), I'd say Duke is probably right where they belong. For now. They lose to FSU/UNC and they probably fall back to the 10-12 range.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

sharp

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

NC State hired a horrific coach.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    NC State hired a horrific coach.
    Maybe so. But he's better than our last one.

And he's proven to be a terrific recruiter thus far. Roy Williams can't coach either and he's got two national title titles. Sometimes all it takes is the ability to assemble talent.