stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I strongly believe Missouri can win it all

This years UConn, I have seen them play eight times this year, and can beat any of the best teams in the other conferences.

NC and Duke have flaws, Syracuse can be beat, the teams out west are nothing special, this is the year of the Tiger

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

not so sure but they are solid and wont be an easy out come tourney time

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This years UConn, I have seen them play eight times this year, and can beat any of the best teams in the other conferences.

NC and Duke have flaws, Syracuse can be beat, the teams out west are nothing special, this is the year of the Tiger
    they certainly can beat anyone.....if you man them they are so quick they are going to blow by and when the help comes they get easy baskets....i think the thing that could undo them in tourney time is teams zoning them....they can shoot...but if someone zones them and catches them on a cold/poor shooting night i think mizzou will get bounced

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

This years UConn, I have seen them play eight times this year, and can beat any of the best teams in the other conferences. NC and Duke have flaws, Syracuse can be beat, the teams out west are nothing special, this is the year of the Tiger
    Hit your 3`s against `Cuse and you might be golden.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Hit your 3`s against `Cuse and you might be golden.
    kind of along my line of thinking...like what i said...

if you zone them...and they arent hitting shots on a neutral floor....they could be in for a long night....gotta hit the boards though.....

they really impressed me the way they played baylor at baylor.....just blowing by guys and getting easy looks...and tons of 2nd looks

TailMe
    TailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

They definitely are a good team and can make a run but the teams I see winning it are Ohio State, Syracuse, or Kentucky. I don't know if I see anyone else winning it this year.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

obama coach = no way in hell

the coach sucks ass... he inherited a great team and people actually think it's him. you ever see all his teams in the past? they sucked as. Mike Anderson built this shit, period.

you remember Illinois after Bill Self left? first year? went to the champ game? newsflash! coach Weber sucks ass.

he pulled a George Seifert. and this is exactly what the Missouri coach is doing. don't be fooled. Missouri hoops will be absolute trash in a few years.... just like what Weber did to Illinois

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

i don't get the uconn comparison at all. last year uconn was the # 9 seed in the big east tournament and wasn't looking too good at that point.

baylor & kansas might be the teams primed for a deep run i think missouri might be peaking a bit too soon

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

how are they this years uconn?? Horrible analogy. Uconn was a mediocre team during the regular reason last year. They had a bunch of let down games where they were just going through the motions and didnt come to compete and lost. All of a sudden big east tourney comes around (very low seed near the bottom) and they find ways to win games (tough games at that, overtime grueling games). They build momentum and get hot and win the big east tourney. Theyre rolling now and that momentum and hot play, epecially out of Kimba Walker, carries on into the round of 64 and next national champs.Year of the DRAGON!

TailMe
    TailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember last year winning my bracket because I was the only one having UConn winning it all.

I am a UConn fan that's why I had them winning it and that's really the only reason why lol.

I was a proud fan that day and winning some nice cash.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

yeah, definately doesn't compare to last years Uconn, Uconn was 9-9 in big east play entering the big east tourney then had to win 5 games in a row to win the big east tourney prior to winning hte national title, Mizzouri has been ranked now for a bunch of weeks and top ten for a while.

I think that there are a bunch of teams that can win it all including Mizzouri, however, I break it down like this- teams that can win it all no matter the matchup or without having the game of their life- Cuse and Kentucky- teams that can win it all if they get the right matchups or have some great games against the tougher teams- Mizzouri, Kansas, Ohio State, Duke, North Carolina- obviously there are other teams that one could include in this list, but I think that Mizzouri and Kansas right now should be the other #1 seeds and teams I wouldn't want to face in the tourney.

Foops41584
    Foops41584's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

frank haith will never win it all

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

no chance

uk to powerful

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree ... "this year's UConn" is not a very good comparison. Mizzou has been a dominant regular season team that doesn't need a run in a conferene tournament to make sure they get in. One thing that sticks out for Mizzou is bad rebounding. They haven't had to play a real physical team yet that will challenge them, but look at that loss to K-State ... they got killed on the boards. Kansas is probably the closest thing they played to a physical team, but I think teams like Kentucky, Michigan State, Carolina that dominate the boards .... they can give Mizzou fits.

Sure look like a team that can make a deep run, but Mizzou also looks like a crash and burn potential if they have a cold shooting night because they don't necessarily have the makeup to get to the line and get their points if they aren't shooting well IMO.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

It's been pointed out multiple times already in this thread:

Two words -- Frank Haith.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

They won't, would have to get lucky that other 1 and 2 seeds got knocked out.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Foops41584 View Post
    frank haith will never win it all
    Tom Izzo will school Frank and Beans if they meet.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

anybody can win it all that's the nature of the tournament

did anyone have butler in the final game either of the last 2 years on their bracket?

people can jabber all they want about who can or will win it, and it doesn't mean shit because so many of these games come down to one or two baskets. last time marquette made the final 4 (2003 with wade) they almost lost to holy cross in the first round.

that huskies team last year in march and april beat pitt on a miracle shot at the buzzer, then won in ot vs syracuse, then beat louisville by 3, then arizona by 2 and kentucky by 1.
    so any or all of those games could've just as easily gone the other way

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Too small

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    no chance

uk to powerful
    this... Kentucky has to lose it first because it is there's for the taking. They are absolutely LOADED with their top 6 all NBA players...

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

Wow, taking a team that's never been to a Final Four. Brave!

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Positives: They play as a team and have several athletes who can score.
    Negatives: They are inexperienced with the post season and have a new coach.

Personally, I like North Carolina or Michigan State to win it all based on coaching and talent. But I think Kentucky has the most "raw" talent.

Mizzou is just too inexperienced with postseason play. Maybe they'll make it to the Elite 8?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Kentucky has 6 first round draft picks.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Kentucky has 6 first round draft picks.

Its Kentucky or Syracuse...if neither win it all that means somebody else caught lightning in a bottle. UK is way too strong this year.

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve this is our year. CUSE WILL CUT DOWN THE NETS NO DOUBT

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Sorry man, but some noob already posted a thread saying Kentucky is a LOCK to win it all

maybe next year...

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Missouri starts 4 guards, they wont win it all

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Uconn was 50-1

Comparison a little different.

The thing is they can just as lose to any 20 teams as well. Hard to tell without seeing the bracket.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

OK maybe this years UConn was not the right analogy, what I was trying to go for was after watching them play last night I sawa team coming together at the right time.

OK wrong analogy.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

OK maybe this years UConn was not the right analogy, what I was trying to go for was after watching them play last night I sawa team coming together at the right time.

OK wrong analogy.
    coming together at the right time? they are 24-2?
    Last edited by CWD; 02-16-12 at 07:19 PM.