nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

The 1 for 1 in college baskets

is super dumb....u get fouled u get 2 shots p[eriod

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

heard walt frazier saying on the air the other day they used to get 2 shots and a bonus 3rd shot if they made the first 2 in the old days.

never knew that.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

you're bothered by the fact that three fouls per team max per half result in one-and-one? if you like shitty basketball, the NBA is on every night.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

The only thing that bugs me about fouling in college basketball is how it prolongs a close to semi-close game. If I would change anything, I would give the 2 free throws on a double bonus along with possession of the ball. Why should we reward a team with a chance of winning after they have committed 10 fouls in a half?

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

There would be no point in watching the last 2 minutes of the game. The team that is ahead would just sit out at half court and run the shot clock down to 0, similar to what they did prior to the shot clock. It would be simple math at that point. Coaches would be asking themselves, "At what point is the other team not guaranteed enough possessions to catch up?" I like the 1 and 1. It allows some strategy into the game..... "do you foul, when do you foul, who do you foul...."

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    There would be no point in watching the last 2 minutes of the game. The team that is ahead would just sit out at half court and run the shot clock down to 0, similar to what they did prior to the shot clock. It would be simple math at that point. Coaches would be asking themselves, "At what point is the other team not guaranteed enough possessions to catch up?" I like the 1 and 1. It allows some strategy into the game..... "do you foul, when do you foul, who do you foul...."
    thanks for educating these guys, Tower. doubt it will take, but you made the effort. sometimes i wonder if the people who post on these boards have ever played hoops.

Tower

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    thanks for educating these guys, Tower. doubt it will take, but you made the effort. sometimes i wonder if the people who post on these boards have ever played hoops.
    Have you or do you play at all? I played all my life, never was good enough to make a college team but intramural's and recreation leagues keep me busy.

Oh and I couldn't agree more about your comment on shitty basketball..

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

The NCAA loves to have teams down 8-10 with 30 seconds left think they have a chance.

They should go to international rules. That would put an end to this bullshit constant fouling at the ends of games.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Two shots and the ball

Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    The NCAA loves to have teams down 8-10 with 30 seconds left think they have a chance.

I'd be willing to bet so do most people.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    If the team that's behind isn't good enough to be within the points and time to win the game after 38 minutes, and 10 fouls, why should they be allowed to prolong the game? Anybody can slap a wrist or grab someone's waistline. Why potentially reward them for that? In football, they down the ball when the other team is out of timeouts, and cannot come back. Last time I checked, football has better ratings.

Tower

Are you seriously comparing different sports and their different rules as your argument?? Why don't we just add a 2pt arc in the NHL like the 3pt arc in basketball then? or add an offsides rule in basketball like they do in soccer?

Although the bonus rule may extend the game and screw over your wagers, it makes for exciting basketball ending and comebacks. And after all, basketball is meant for entertainment, not gambling.

Do you remember these games in the link below?? None of these game would have happened without the bonus rule.

npinopunintended.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/aught-lang-syne-top-10-games-college-basketball/

Bottom line is that it makes basketball better, without games like these the ratings wouldn't be as high as they are.
    Last edited by Tower; 02-14-12 at 11:46 AM.