No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Baylor better be careful with Iowa State on Monday

Bears coming off two key Big 12 losses to Kansas and Missouri. White is going to be a huge matchup problem for them. Cyclones have the veteran players and they are really coming together as a team with an NCAA Tournament berth in sight.

Iowa State +8.5 looks like a play, and the ML isn't out of the realm of possibility.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Doubt White will be a matchup problem for Baylor, Baylor has too many bigs, Iowa St. will have to connect on a ton of 3's for this one to stay relatively close.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Doubt White will be a matchup problem for Baylor, Baylor has too many bigs, Iowa St. will have to connect on a ton of 3's for this one to stay relatively close.
    Baylor has a lot of bigs, but they'll have to step out and cover White all over the court. He's basically a point forward for them when Christopherson isn't running the 1, and he's become much more selective with his shot recently to boot, which allows for better looks on the perimeter from ISU because defenses spend so much time trying to figure out how to stop him.

Cyclones aren't exactly an efficient offense, but they have three-point shooters. Allen has been on fire the last 1.5 games. They are capable of drilling the outside shot and giving Baylor major trouble.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Capable yes, but they would have to be hot all game long and I just dont see it. With Baylor's perceived motivation to win this game after two losses and the overall matchup, I dont see Iowa State coming close to winning really.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Capable yes, but they would have to be hot all game long and I just dont see it. With Baylor's perceived motivation to win this game after two losses and the overall matchup, I dont see Iowa State coming close to winning really.
    We'll see. I don't think Drew is a very good coach, and now is when they need just that -- the first time things haven't really gone their way. Baylor has a lot of talent, but I don't think the gap is as big as the 8.5 spread shows here -- especially given the Bears' current form. White will be the best player on the court tomorrow.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

You pretty much have to be a NBA team to win on the road in the big 12 these days. That said, 8.5 seems a little high. Baylor can drift into scoring droughts and Iowa St. can get hot. Should be a fun game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Baylor, w/o a doubt. Remember, Baylor lost to two top 5 teams. That is their only losses, everyone else they have dispensed w/o trouble.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Iowa State is a top 15 team. Don't care what the rankings say. They've grown up a lot this year.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I disagree.

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Baylor will blow out Iowa State. Too athletic for Iowa State. Iowa State is a one man team and they have been overachieving all year. Baylor will put out a huge effort at home after two straight tough losses.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

some teams don't know how to adjust to iowa state, they play a different kind of ball

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Baylor plays a zone that Iowa State will do very well against. Yes, Royce White won't score many points, but it is a team game. Iowa State matches up well against Baylor. Iowa State is a rapidly improving team on the defensive side of the court. They play a true team game. I think this game comes down to the wire.