SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

56 Foul Shots in Duke/UNC!

56 fuckin foul shots in duke/unc....ridiculos! Refs were calling everything. Every little ticky tack bs call and in dukes favor...wtf??? Garbage!

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

In Duke's favor?!?!?!? You have to be fukking kidding me! Did you even watch the same game???

Fouls: Duke 25; UNC 22
    FT Attempts: Duke 26; UNC 30

Sounds pretty even to me.

What you mean is: Fuk you Tarholes! Do you not know how to play defense?!?! Why do you play off a guy who was 5-9 from 3 with 1 second left???? Why do you miss 2 crucial FT's down the stretch on top of 2 huge turnovers and a tip in of the opponents shot????

SASH

your hilarious dukeblujems. UNC was the home team and calls were going in dukes favor the entire night. 56 total foul shots in ******* unheard of! Had the unders for game and unders 2nd half. Refs had overs for game, overs 2nd half and duke

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

the numbers look even but sure seemed like they called a lot of ticky tack fouls on north carolina towards the end

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    your hilarious dukeblujems. UNC was the home team and calls were going in dukes favor the entire night. 56 total foul shots in ******* unheard of! Had the unders for game and unders 2nd half. Refs had overs for game, overs 2nd half and duke
    Your statement, not surprisingly, doesn't make any sense. So the home team should get the calls?

It was called even, unc didn't make plays at the end and Duke did. That was the reason for the outcome of the game, end of story

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I was posting about this in my taking a break thread. Stuff like this makes me realize how its all bullshit and these line makers over/unders or spreads know what the outcomes will be. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont call each team or refs beefore hand and tell them how the game needs to go.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

You have to be delirious if you think Duke was getting the more "favorable" calls in this game.

Yes, the refs missed the travel on Seth Curry's three, but come on, other than that, I'd say the calls were going AGAINST Duke more than they were UNC. Definitely the ticky-tack shit. (Other than the over-the-back call in the opening minutes, that was a bad call against UNC. But it was a make-up call for a previous bad call against Duke.)

It looked to me like the refs were calling the fouls they had to call on UNC, and calling anything they could call on Duke for a few minutes. Especially during UNC's run at the end of the first half.

I was actually shocked Duke was able to come back because it seemed like the refs were giving UNC all the momentum until the final ten minutes of the game. But at that point, the refs were calling a foul on every possession in both directions.

And for anyone whining about the Barnes' charge call: it was either that or a travel. The Duke kid was in position and Barnes railed into him off balance because we has trying to split two defenders and got his feet tangled. It happens.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    You have to be delirious if you think Duke was getting the more "favorable" calls in this game.

Yes, the refs missed the travel on Seth Curry's three, but come on, other than that, I'd say the calls were going AGAINST Duke more than they were UNC. Definitely the ticky-tack shit. (Other than the over-the-back call in the opening minutes, that was a bad call against UNC. But it was a make-up call for a previous bad call against Duke.)

It looked to me like the refs were calling the fouls they had to call on UNC, and calling anything they could call on Duke for a few minutes. Especially during UNC's run at the end of the first half.

I was actually shocked Duke was able to come back because it seemed like the refs were giving UNC all the momentum until the final ten minutes of the game. But at that point, the refs were calling a foul on every possession in both directions.

And for anyone whining about the Barnes' charge call: it was either that or a travel. The Duke kid was in position and Barnes railed into him off balance because we has trying to split two defenders and got his feet tangled. It happens.
    Thank you. I wanted to say that but I would have been called a homer.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

there weren't nearly as many touch fouls called against duke

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

If anything tonight proves fade the public. almost 60% of the public was on about every bet that lost tonight NBA, NCAAB, etc. etc.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    there weren't nearly as many touch fouls called against duke
    You're kidding yourself. I'm watching the replay on ESPN right now, and they just called three tick-tack fouls (either off the ball or 30 feet from the basket) on Duke in a row opposite three legit fouls (people getting hacked/knocked to the ground) they had to call on UNC.

All five of Duke's players on the floor have 3 fouls. Many of the cheap variety.

You're delusional.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebluejms View Post
    Thank you. I wanted to say that but I would have been called a homer.
    Yes, you would have. But don't let it bother you. UNC fans will never let you enjoy a win. That's why they paint you guys as evil incarnate, that way, even when you do win, well, it's because you're evil and paid the refs or something.

Just remember, you're a Duke fan, define yourself by your own standards of excellence and not like those UNC hosers who define everything they do by what Duke does.

I still can't believe those assholes have that fake national championship banner hanging next to their real ones. What a bunch of losers. I think one of these days America will wake up and realize it's actually UNC that represents everything wrong with America and not Duke.

SASH

you guys are missing my bigger point. I had under 160 under 83 2nd half. The point is 56 foul shots, impossible to go under with the refs blowing their whistle every 5 seconds. I thought duke was getting a ton of phantom calls where the unc player didnt foul. I also thought unc recieved alot of phantom calls. But the phantom/ticky tack variety in my estimation was more in favor of duke thats all. Did unc have a meltdown at the end of the game? Of course they did

The Madcap

you guys are missing my bigger point. I had under 160 under 83 2nd half. The point is 56 foul shots, impossible to go under with the refs blowing their whistle every 5 seconds. I thought duke was getting a ton of phantom calls where the unc player didnt foul. I also thought unc recieved alot of phantom calls. But the phantom/ticky tack variety in my estimation was more in favor of duke thats all. Did unc have a meltdown at the end of the game? Of course they did
    I get what you're saying, I'm just not buying all of it.

Yes there were a lot of foul shots, but that's not unusual in a UNC game. They play up-tempo and force more possessions per game. I'm sure they've had games with that many free throws.

And the "phantom" fouls definitely seemed to go against Duke to me. It's hard to call real fouls on Duke when UNC is shooting lay-ups half the game because Duke's D is so damn bad.

It should be pointed out, that in the final five minutes, the refs only called four fouls TOTAL. Three on Duke, one on UNC (Barnes' charge).

The three fouls on Duke were a touch foul on Thornton on Barnes, a weak-tick-tack call on Mason Plumlee you could call on every possession when Zeller was posting him up, and then the deliberate foul by Thornton on Zeller with 14 seconds left to stop the clock.

Which means, the refs didn't call ONE defensive foul on UNC in the final five minutes. The one foul they did call, the Barnes charge, they had to call because of the contact, (that, plus they missed a charge on him a few possessions before.)

There were at least three legit fouls that didn't get called against UNC.... the 1st Barnes charge, Mason Plumlee getting fouled under the basket, and Kelly's three pointer (tipped in by Zeller--which if he had gone to the line and made all three, would have tied the game instead of Duke being down one.)

Point is, if UNC runs more clock without turning the ball over and Duke doesn't nail all them 3s, you cover and you wouldn't be saying shit about the refs. But, UNC turns the ball over, can't run more clock, and leaves Duke wide open for 3's. Even if the refs hadn't called so many fouls earlier, it's possible Duke would have then had to start fouling earlier to extend the game, and that still would have busted your under. (Well, if UNC made the free throws.)

I just think either way, the refs are not to blame for the under not holding up. I mean shit, you weren't on pace to cover the under even after the first half!

And at that point, by my count, they had called 13 fouls on Duke, and only 7 on UNC, with Duke shooting 9 ft's to UNC's 15. So even then, with the foul shots only on a 48 pace combined, you weren't covering. I just don't the refs are the issue here.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 02-09-12 at 02:41 AM.

SASH

^^to your last point, thats a huge beef of mine about this unc team game in and game out is that they dont run clock when theyre up big by double digits late in games, extremely arrogant. Fu*k them. Ive seen them be up by 20 with 2:30 left and still come down and shoot with 25 left on the shot clock on multiple occassions. Happens all the time with this fuggin team, ive seen them push the ball and dunk while time expires up 18. No respect for sticking to script and doing things the "right way". Who do they think they are, fu*K em!

SASH

awesome Hunter Thompson avatar btw

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Your statement, not surprisingly, doesn't make any sense. So the home team should get the calls?

It was called even, unc didn't make plays at the end and Duke did. That was the reason for the outcome of the game, end of story
    of course the home team should be getting the calls! Most always happens this way, except when you play duke and their traveling band of referees. But unc was the recipient of some phantom/ticky tack calls as well (however more for duke). The point of this thread was more about 1. the sheer number of calls, 56 and 2. the ticky tack/phantom calls that road teams never get (except when your duke, as in tonight).

The Madcap

Still can't believe you're bitching about the refs.

I mean seriously. ZERO defensive fouls against UNC in the final five minutes. And UNC had six fewer fouls called on them than Duke in the first half.

SASH

no ones bitching about the calls there chachi, was complementing your avatar and describing a beef I have with unc. Calm down there pitbull

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

too many touch fouls made the game so worthless to watch....basically kept duke in the game

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

smart i guess to just drive and get a touch foul but veery veery stupid to watch

fjblair
    fjblair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I had Duke ML and lucked out. Touch fouls didn't keep Duke in the game, 3's did. UNC was ripe for home upset at 31-0 and a top 10 hated and well coached rival in the house.

The Madcap

no ones bitching about the calls there chachi, was complementing your avatar and describing a beef I have with unc. Calm down there pitbull

So you're denying a comment about Duke's "traveling band of referees" constitutes bitching?

Sure sounds like bitching to me.