LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Oklahoma State -2

I know that Iowa State is a nice little 17-6 team and that Royce White might be the best player on the court tonight, but this looks like a tough matchup for them. Don't worry about Oklahoma State's 11-12 record, they have faced the fourth toughest schedule in the country. They are 8-3 at home and just look at their last two home games where they beat Missouri outright and only lost to Baylor by four. The most important part about this game though is that Oklahoma State ranks 32nd in the country and second in the Big 12 in three-point defense (30.4%). That means that they can play White man-to-man and let him get his points while protecting against the three. Oklahoma double-teamed White on Saturday, and as a result ISU went 15 for 30 on three-pointers. OSU won't allow that. OSU played White man to man the first time these teams met in Ames and ISU needed a lucky 30-footer at the buzzer to win by three. I think OSU gets payback at home tonight.

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Nice write up and I respect you wholeheartedly as I tail you quite often. I just have no faith in Okie State. I don't like the product they have on the floor and I personally always seem to be the wronge side in low point spread games. BOL and keep giving us winning picks!

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

lt i agree with you, i also see a team that s 11-12 goes aganist a team that recently beat kansas and coming off some big wins the last couple of weeks and already beat this team at home in there building by 3, i think vegas sets this line cause percentage of bettors will take iowa st they the more sexy team with the big win vs kansas recently which everyone will remember , but i side with oak st here 11-12 team vs 17-6 team and 17-6 team underddog my friends for a reason oak st matches up well agsainst them gl

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Nah this game is a no play at best come on man

CoachemUp
    CoachemUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Love OK St. -2 and love the UNDER as well. GL.

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

I am with you on this play. Iowa State is the better team but they are playing over their heads, they aren't as good as their record indicates. And Oklahoma State isn't as bad as their record indicates. Big 12, you have the most biased homer refs of all the power conferences.

cyclonebell
    cyclonebell's Avatar Become A Pro!

As an Iowa State fan, this is a tough spot for the cyclones. There is more homecourt advantage down there in Stillwater than one might expect, much more than in Norman. Expect the cowboys to come out pissed about the loss here in Ames.

As far as the under goes, I'd shy away there guys. Both teams like to score and play little to no defense. That 3 point defense % is deceiving, any time you have a 5 foot 2 white kid out there around the perimeter the whole game there are going to be some good looks from beyond the arc. This is a no bet coming from a homer cyclone fan who bet on the clones in the last 3 games.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Iowa State keeps improving every game, be careful.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Under FTW

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Will be a good game and B12 teams typically win at home at a darn good rate.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Agree. ISU long overdue for a clunker.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

clobbered the opening line:
    okie state -1 @ -110.
    since then: hammered the reduced juice openers on 5dimes
    for some okie state -2 and okie state ML and I'm surprisingly at peace with all wagers...
    although like TheeArchBishop above, I've been burned by the cowboys this season.
    dangerous team that may be much better than their record indicates, but that doesn't
    change the fact that I've been on the short end of that stick more than once already!
    now is the time for the okie state squad to finally demonstrate what I believe they are really made of,
    and their schedule is hella tough for the duration of the season, so if they turn it on tonight, and finally
    come to life as I expect they will, I will ride with the cowboys as fighting dogs over the duration of their
    very competitive schedule. if they sh#t the bed tonight, however, I'm writing them off as a good team
    that doesn't know how to win, and staying far away. unpredictable okie state squad- not consistent as
    either play or fade, you know? good luck tonight, gentlemen.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by xyzky View Post
    Will be a good game and BigTEN teams typically win at home at a darn good rate.
    Fixed it for you.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

i agree vegas doesnt like to lose hen they make the team with the better record underdog there is a reason

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I dont see how Okie. St matches up well with them though, Iowa St. has more talent at every position, no?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I dont see how Okie. St matches up well with them though, Iowa St. has more talent at every position, no?
    ISU is markedly better, but they were markedly better at home when they needed a miracle to beat them after collapsing the first time around too.

Hard to go against the Cyclones during their current hot streak, but they still have no respect or value of possessing the basketball. I watched them against Oklahoma on Saturday and don't know how many times Allen or Babb would chuck a horrible shot with 30 on the shot clock nursing a 5-8 point lead.

ISU is winning right now because White is playing disciplined ball and they're out-talenting everyone else. I'm just not convinced Hoiberg is sage enough as a head coach to rein these guys in when the chips are down and the shots aren't falling on the road in the Big 12. That's going to catch up to them eventually.

cyclonebell

You make very valid points. Chris Allen has some of the worst shot selection I've ever seen for such a highly touted player. His problem is he chucks garbage at the hoop and it magically falls, so that gives him the go ahead to shoot that same garbage 5 more times before he makes another.

Here is a stat for you: When Chris Allen shoots above 33% from the floor Iowa State is 11-1. His shot attempts directly correlate to Cyclone victories. In my opinion, the less he takes, the better chance we have to win. Those shot attempts are much more effective when given to Scott Christopherson and Royce White.

That said, this team has been playing extremely motivated lately, and I think you'd be a fool to lay the -2 on Oklahoma State. Don't overthink this guys, its a +2 or no bet. BOL

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

ISU is markedly better, but they were markedly better at home when they needed a miracle to beat them after collapsing the first time around too.

Hard to go against the Cyclones during their current hot streak, but they still have no respect or value of possessing the basketball. I watched them against Oklahoma on Saturday and don't know how many times Allen or Babb would chuck a horrible shot with 30 on the shot clock nursing a 5-8 point lead.

ISU is winning right now because White is playing disciplined ball and they're out-talenting everyone else. I'm just not convinced Hoiberg is sage enough as a head coach to rein these guys in when the chips are down and the shots aren't falling on the road in the Big 12. That's going to catch up to them eventually.
    Iowa St. turns it over less than Okie. St. Yeah White has tightened up after seemingly after Hoiberg got on him in-game a few games ago. He's a big matchup problem for Okie St. If Jurick doesnt play tonight that will present even more problems for Okie St.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonebell View Post
    You make very valid points. Chris Allen has some of the worst shot selection I've ever seen for such a highly touted player. His problem is he chucks garbage at the hoop and it magically falls, so that gives him the go ahead to shoot that same garbage 5 more times before he makes another.

Here is a stat for you: When Chris Allen shoots above 33% from the floor Iowa State is 11-1. His shot attempts directly correlate to Cyclone victories. In my opinion, the less he takes, the better chance we have to win. Those shot attempts are much more effective when given to Scott Christopherson and Royce White.

That said, this team has been playing extremely motivated lately, and I think you'd be a fool to lay the -2 on Oklahoma State. Don't overthink this guys, its a +2 or no bet. BOL
    Allen turned into a pretty good all-around player at MSU because he dropped the score-first mentality and started focusing on rebounding and defense -- which he actually got pretty good at. I think he thought he'd transfer to ISU so that he could "get his" in a free offensive system. He's a bum.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Thinking about taking Okie, that home court is the key for them, dont like wondering at times though who's gonna score as they can have droughts where they dont sometimes. White sat alot the first half when they played earlier in the year and Okie St. couldnt get a lead, no drop off really in scoring really, Okie has Kansas on the road after this and they have to be seeing this as a must win against a focused Iowa St. team that has A&M after this, a team they handled easily on the road earlier. Okie could have some letdown after Baylor, one that got away.

cyclonebell

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Allen turned into a pretty good all-around player at MSU because he dropped the score-first mentality and started focusing on rebounding and defense -- which he actually got pretty good at. I think he thought he'd transfer to ISU so that he could "get his" in a free offensive system. He's a bum.
    I agree. Check out this boxscore: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas..._boxscore.html
    That is the kind of garbage that he pulls. 2/13 from the field and 0-7 from the arc. We lose to Drake. When our outside shots don't fall, this is what will happen. Royce alone is not the kind of scorer that can go for 40 and carry a team. If the shots aren't falling from range, Iowa State will lose, no doubt. I just think they are playing with a lot of confidence and don't see that happening tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Thinking about taking Okie, that home court is the key for them, dont like wondering at times though who's gonna score as they can have droughts where they dont sometimes. White sat alot the first half when they played earlier in the year and Okie St. couldnt get a lead, no drop off really in scoring really, Okie has Kansas on the road after this and they have to be seeing this as a must win against a focused Iowa St. team that has A&M after this, a team they handled easily on the road earlier. Okie could have some letdown after Baylor, one that got away.
    Royce sat that first half due to foul trouble, offensive fouls. Okie St played flop ball and it worked exceedingly well for containing Royce. Look for them to try this again tonight.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Im going Okie St. watching the replay of the first game now, I see a passive Iowa St. team in the 2nd half and their at home. With all of Iowa St.'s guards, there wasnt any penetration really, not much catch and penetrate to create for 3's, Royce White really runs that offense, he's probably the best playmaker on the team also, with that said, Iowa St. did have a double digit lead against Kansas at Kansas in the 2nd half, had a lead late against Mizzou also I think, still gonna roll with Okie tonight though and do something later in game if need be.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Stadium doesnt seem half full.

cyclonebell

Good start for the Cyclones.

cyclonebell

Big run here by the cowboys. Sloppy play so far.