Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Can Someone Explain the Mizzou Line?

I don't understand why Mizzou is only favored by 5 points. Sure they had a big win over Kansas a couple nights ago, but does this really look like a spot for a letdown with the Baylor game coming up? I mean they are leaps and bounds better than Oklahoma. I've watched a couple Sooner games this year, and while they started the season looking pretty decent, they've lost four of their last five and haven't look very good. I mean they allowed 15 threes from Iowa State, and we all know how well Mizzou shoots the three. Why aren't the Tigers favored by at least 7 or 8 points? Is there reverse line movement going on here? What am I missing? It seems like the books are begging people to take that short spread--is this a trap game? Of course like every team they don't play as well on the road, but they've already killed this team once this year. This seems like an easy play, yet I see more cappers on Oklahoma. What am I missing here??? Thanks for your advice and help! Maybe it would be best to stay away from this one?

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

These kids can't play on the road very well most of the time. There will most likely be a letdown after the miracle win over Kansas. They probably won't shoot as well either. This is a huge game for Oklahoma and the home crowd. Mizzoo could win by double digits but if they let Oklahoma hang around and give them hope then it will be tight down the stretch.

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    These kids can't play on the road very well most of the time. There will most likely be a letdown after the miracle win over Kansas. They probably won't shoot as well either. This is a huge game for Oklahoma and the home crowd. Mizzoo could win by double digits but if they let Oklahoma hang around and give them hope then it will be tight down the stretch.
    I saw the Iowa State game on Sat, and the place was bare, not loud at all. Other people that go to Oklahoma mention how they are more concerned about football, that their basketball fans are bandwagon fans that only come out if their Sooners are good, which they are not this year. I don't see how they really have that much of an advantage playing at home if no one comes to the game.

cyclonebell
    cyclonebell's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    I saw the Iowa State game on Sat, and the place was bare, not loud at all. Other people that go to Oklahoma mention how they are more concerned about football, that their basketball fans are bandwagon fans that only come out if their Sooners are good, which they are not this year. I don't see how they really have that much of an advantage playing at home if no one comes to the game.
    True on all counts. As a Iowa State fan I was shocked by the lack of home court advantage. Also, shocked at the lack of coaching strategy after they continued to camp in the paint and double Royce while we torched them from behind the arc.

postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Vegas wants you to bet Missouri.

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by postal warrior View Post
    Vegas wants you to bet Missouri.
    So you think Mizzou is the sucker bet? Maybe laying off is the best play. Don't know about any other games though--thought this one would be good.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I would have thought differently. I was more just giving reasons why the line might be that low...I'm not taking Oklahoma. I really don't have a feel but I'm leaning the under.

postal warrior

Missouri probably has no interest in this game. Just beat Kansas now has Baylor on deck. You think they are pumped to play a team they already destroyed.

postal warrior

And that's why the line was so low. Hope you laid off or bet Oklahoma.