LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Missouri at Oklahoma

There is lots of talk about -5 being a fishy line, but remember that Mizzou had a letdown loss at Oklahoma State after winning at Baylor, and the Tigers' big win over Kansas Saturday could leave them flat tonight, especially after beating Oklahoma 87-49 at home in the first meeting. Now Missouri could still win by double-digits while sleepwalking, but the play I love here is UNDER 145.5 Notice the first meeting only produced 136 points with Missouri playing at their best. They may drop to the mid-70s tonight, and I don't think that Oklahoma will improve THAT much at home because I frankly don't think they are that good. There is also a real chance of Sooners slowing the pace down to give themselves best chance at an upset. They rank 166th in tempo rating.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Makes sense

I laid off the game entirely

If it is a fairly close game it should go under..if not late fouls can kill it

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Already have OU locked in.

Good luck to you.

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

It's great to have an analysis like this from you. Thanks.

Something I wanted to ask you is why you seem to favor Pomeroy rankings over RPI?

Also, is there a rating system such those that you prefer for NBA and MLB?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    It's great to have an analysis like this from you. Thanks.

Something I wanted to ask you is why you seem to favor Pomeroy rankings over RPI?

Also, is there a rating system such those that you prefer for NBA and MLB?
    Because they are better? Pace ratings are important and tempo usually decides games, and kenpom is great for that. RPI is crap for the most part IMO. As for NBA, Hollinger Ratings try to do the same thing as Pomeroy for CBB. MLB is a totally different beast because its all about the pitching, Sagarin ratings for starting pitchers could be a nice start, but you have to incorporate the bullpens too.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Already have OU locked in.

Good luck to you.
    I am actually NOT a fan of OU tonight because Mizzou could still win by 10 while on cruise control. The UNDER is my POD.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Yes under. This will be more of a slow slugfest with Mizzou coming off a big hyped up Rivalry game. I can't see either team scoring 70.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

I noticed, Im on the under also. I think it's a good spot to play OU though

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Because they are better? Pace ratings are important and tempo usually decides games, and kenpom is great for that. RPI is crap for the most part IMO. As for NBA, Hollinger Ratings try to do the same thing as Pomeroy for CBB. MLB is a totally different beast because its all about the pitching, Sagarin ratings for starting pitchers could be a nice start, but you have to incorporate the bullpens too.
    Thanks!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah a side in this one, I would not touch. Mizzou's road defense has been pretty leaky, but OU isn't in their class all things being equal. I think the total is going to be close. OU has good enough shooters to beat a flat Mizzou and OU's three point D vs. Iowa State was atrocious.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

looks good i think your spot-on LT. gl man

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

well i would bet it but i can't because I play with betislands.............................. ........................................

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

There were 136 points in the first meeting, yet they set the total at 145.5 for what reason exactly LT? That doesn't make any sense. Under juiced like crazy overnight at Pinny as well.

This is probably one of those games where the under will look golden for 37 minutes, then Oklahoma will start fouling down by 7-8 and there will be 30 points down the stretch where the total miraculously lands at 147.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There were 136 points in the first meeting, yet they set the total at 145.5 for what reason exactly LT? That doesn't make any sense. Under juiced like crazy overnight at Pinny as well.

This is probably one of those games where the under will look golden for 37 minutes, then Oklahoma will start fouling down by 7-8 and there will be 30 points down the stretch where the total miraculously lands at 147.
    That's usually a positive sign.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

HUGE play on MIZZOU ML for me... Cannot see them losing this game. Not happening. GL to all

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

GL LT...

I'll be pulling for a 70-56 final w/ Missouri winning.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Missouri is a short handed team who just played a very emotional game at home, going on the ROAD against a team who lost at home as a favorite in their last game. Oklahoma wins this game straight up I think

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Missouri is a short handed team who just played a very emotional game at home, going on the ROAD against a team who lost at home as a favorite in their last game. Oklahoma wins this game straight up I think
    That logic usually works better when two teams are close talent wise, which these teams are not. Then again, Mizzou was a lot better than Oklahoma State too so who the **** knows.

TPowell

That logic usually works better when two teams are close talent wise, which these teams are not. Then again, Mizzou was a lot better than Oklahoma State too so who the **** knows.
    Oklahoma can make Mizzou very uncomfortable with their pace if they can slow it down. Oklahoma has the ability to score the basketball, just need more energy on the perimeter defense

Letsgobows
    Letsgobows's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Thanks for the write-up LT. Mizzou -5 is my POD. OU not playing very well as of late and have no momentum going, even at home. I'd also take the over. OU will try to up the tempo to keep up, which will backfire completely.

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I love the under as well tonight

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I got the under 145.5 JUST before it changed down to 145. I've been tailing some of your plays lately LT and doing well. Keep up the good work, your off to a great start this year!

2012= The Year of THE LT

LT Profits

Oklahoma can make Mizzou very uncomfortable with their pace if they can slow it down. Oklahoma has the ability to score the basketball, just need more energy on the perimeter defense
    Yes and my play IS on the under after all.

TPowell

Yes and my play IS on the under after all.
    Mizzou can light it up and OK isn't great at defending the 3 ball lately. Saw the Pinny line action though and thinking about playing it

LT Profits

Mizzou can light it up and OK isn't great at defending the 3 ball lately. Saw the Pinny line action though and thinking about playing it
    Yes and that is where i am counting on them being a bit off after Kansas.

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

does missouri really have some players out?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

That's usually a positive sign.
    For the under? Umm, no.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    does missouri really have some players out?
    No, nobody got hurt recently.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Ok, I convinced myself to tail the under. Got it at 145. Let's see a 66-50 Mizzou win. Cool? Cool.

LT Profits

For the under? Umm, no.
    Of course it is, Pinny lines are usually on auto-pilot overnight and system moves juice but not points a lot of times. Sharps kept pounding the under until live line manager got in early AM and moved total a full point.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Of course it is, Pinny lines are usually on auto-pilot overnight and system moves juice but not points a lot of times. Sharps kept pounding the under until live line manager got in early AM and moved total a full point.
    When Pinny's juice goes above -135 overnight, the + side is almost always a cash. Take a look at Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Missouri State Saturday as the most recent examples.

I guess I don't know if the same rule would apply for totals, but that's the case for sides.

LT Profits

When Pinny's juice goes above -135 overnight, the + side is almost always a cash. Take a look at Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Missouri State Saturday as the most recent examples.

I guess I don't know if the same rule would apply for totals, but that's the case for sides.
    No it is the total opposite going back through the years. And I already told you why. Why do you think on only see crazy stuff like -146 overnight?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Im on Missouri

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Laid the points.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I was skeptical initially but after looking at some numbers I am on board. The under is the play here. Thanks for the heads up.

123 Last